It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31st TES at Gray Butte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The 31st Test and Evaluation Squadron is located at Edwards AFB, Cali., with an operating location at Gray Butte, Calif. The squadron evaluates the operational effectiveness and suitability of advanced ACC weapon systems by providing operations, maintenance and engineering experts to work alongside AFMC and Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center personnel. Current operational test and evaluation programs involve the B-52, B-1, B-2, F-22, F-35, RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-9 Reaper, and the Airborne Laser. Squadron personnel integrate live test results with modeling and simulation data to predict combat capabilities under realistic scenarios, setting the stage for the development of new CAF tactics. Results and conclusions support DoD acquisition, deployment and employment decisions.

from

Elgin fact sheet

Gray Butte is one of the General Atomics facility in the California desert east of Lancaster. I've seen it mentioned in various DoD documents, but didn't know who the USAF tenant was until I came across this document. I would assume only MQ-9 testing is done by the 31st TES there.

general atomics plant photographs

join