It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Simpsons have to do it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Feed the conspiracy... I am at a loss - they are surely aware of all the hype about the other images, 9/11 related..

so, why then, in the latest episode, is there this - a reference to 2001 "Out of control since 2001"

Are they toying with you guys, (I don't go for it I am just posting to get this in before it starts as a OMG!!! link) or ..

id say is there any possibility but to me, they're just playing with people. They know 2001 is a hot year and combine it with a govt agency.. well, the worst part is it will work on some people...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Its people like you that will bring about change, you have your eyes open looking for things that are out of place and you bring them to us. Thank you. I am sure that Matt Groening is part of something much bigger. Keep up the good work

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
its a joke...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

if it is true, i really hope futurama is wrong...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Reminds me of the stories of people who made playwrights filled with political clues for the audience - so clever that royalty would either not notice or laugh along with it.

Thanks for the thread, makes me want to start watching the Simpsons.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
its a joke...

Hence the topic
Why do they fuel the fire when there are so many already clutching at it as if there is truth to it.

May as well yell Fire in a school yard..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Damn right, the simpsons have always been known to do that.....bohemian groove, Freemasons, Necronomicon etc. They are just rubbing it in our faces and taunting us....But this leads to more attention and may encourage more people to watch the series.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa

They are just rubbing it in our faces and taunting us....But this leads to more attention and may encourage more people to watch the series.

Are they taunting you or are they catering to you in an effort to get you to watch and up their ratings? This is prime time TV, I would suggest it is the latter and its all about ratings.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Damn right, the simpsons have always been known to do that.....bohemian groove, Freemasons, Necronomicon etc. They are just rubbing it in our faces and taunting us....But this leads to more attention and may encourage more people to watch the series.

I am on the fence when it comes to 33rd masonry, I don't think its rubbing our faces in it, I think its a way to communicate (like in films to director to director) I believe its a waking process. We have come a long way to waking up the world since 9/11/2001.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

HA! That is actually an angle I had no considered. I think you are spot on.

sneaky devils.. here I am thinking it's subversive nose thumbing and it might well be just a way to get people to watch it in the light of ever plummeting ratings.

Hmm, well a consideration anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

its a joke...

..and the punchline is? No really I don't get what the "joke" is meant to be.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I think the writers just enjoy conspiracy as a topic. There are any number of episodes which are conspiracy related that I can think of off the top of my head;

Bart has ADHD, and there is a satellite spying for Major league baseball.
Homer is Mr X and gets abducted and taken to an island after stumbling onto a secret.
Furious D, the pixie jockeys have a secret world and plot to kill Homer if his horse wins.
The Springfield Isotopes are leaving to a different state, Homer goes on hunger strike until the truth is revealed.

They say write what you know, and lets face it all the best stories ever written are related to conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Heh, you forgot the Stonecutters episode.

BTW the Mr X episode was based off a TV show or something.. called "Number 49" or something. Can't quite remember the specifics.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Of course with their references to 9/11 for example, they are taunting us! It's kinda like a sadistic joke. And of course like i stated before they are upping their ratings, getting more viewers!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2010 by Serizawa because: Crap i deleted my post! it doubled posted! :S

The simpsons is owned by one of FOX's sister companies. They don't care about us its all about money and they are not trying to make us wake up! After all the more they show us these signs, the more they become 'normal'.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
That's the genius of the entertainment world. lol. It used to be that writers were highly educated and would integrate real world problems into their literature, political or social, in a perhaps satirical way but the message was understood by the people as intentional. Nowadays, people will tell you "It's just a movie." "It's just a show. Don't take it literally." Entertainment today doesn't need to be analyzed or considered unless it's some complicated thing like the movie Inception or something. Entertainment for the sake of entertainment.

It is interesting that the writers of the Simpsons keep interjecting reality into their cartoons but like they will tell you themselves - don't take it literally even if you should. The truth of the matter is that the FBI and federal government IS out of control.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You have to admit.. that's pretty funny.
They know what they are doing here. The 9/11 one is a coincidence, the other most recent one is down right absurd theorists here being out of control themselves. Groening is a self pronounced anarchist. He loves playing to people like the ones here on ATS. Like the episode where it zooms in on Burns' germs and they say something like "freemasons run the world!".
Haha. Too bad the Simpsons stopped being funny and the characters personalities became diluted.
After about 97. Maybe even after the 5th or 6th season.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

The Simpsons are still on the air?! I thought they piddled out years ago.... Must be their attempt at a joke.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Originally posted by Nventual

its a joke...

..and the punchline is? No really I don't get what the "joke" is meant to be.

That's because the Simpsons stopped being funny quite a while ago now.

I don't really see a big conspiracy here. "Out of control since 2001"? Yeah, the whole world has been.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ok, I love conspiracies. Reading about them, watching movies about them, radio shows...whatever. If it were food I'd eat it... Now the Simpsons thing....I think it's nothing at all. I watched the Simpsons ever since it came on the air and I for one would put those conspiracy things in aswell. Why? Because it's entertaining, funny and it's kinda stickin' it to the man a little bit. And someone said that Matt Groening was part of a bigger picture??? Could you paint that picture for us please?

new topics

top topics

join