It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enter the Void

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Has anyone else seen this movie?

I just finished watching this film on In Demand, was one of those spur of the moment selections that I wasnt quite sure about.

I have to say it was one of the darkest, most bizarre, most tripped out things I have ever seen. This movie was so visually hypnotic and unnerving, it sends your mind into sensory overload.

Amazingly well made and artistically done. The Tokyo backdrop, the insane '___' trips and visuals and the dark vibe of the film was almost too much to withstand as a viewer. Just entirely unlike anything I have ever seen before.

If you want to experience something all together different and you arent too squeemish to give it a go, this is an awesome ride.

Anyone else who is familiar with what I am talking about, please give me your feedback.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Will do, thanks. Been looking for a movie along those lines.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Will do, thanks. Been looking for a movie along those lines.

This film will blow your mind. Visually stunning I would call it. Epileptic fit inducing

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I won't invite my friend John over then. Looking at description, looks right up my alley.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Here is a link to the IFC site about the film itself

Enter the Void - IFL

Here is the trailer. Paz De La Huerta is gorgeous. You may recognize her from Boardwalk Empire on HBO.

Gaspar Noe is a mad man

edit on 12/15/10 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yea I saw this a few weeks ago, and I agree. It's a mind#. Not that the movie was too confusing, just because I've never seen a film like it. Only thing I was like "what" about is when Oscar went to get the '___' out of the baggie and proceeded to smoke it. I thought the drug he was handling was crack rocks at first. '___' doesn't look like that. Secondly, he smoked the stuff like it was a plant. You never apply a direct flame to '___' crystals, you vaporize it in a gentle manner. But they did an awesome job on the breakthrough visuals. Very psychedelic way of portraying the fractals. The movie was a bit long, but still enjoyable; it's filled with many types of graphic behavior, some of which I was surprised by, so it may not be suitable for anybody who's offended easily.

Overall 8/10

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I agree it was a little longer than it could have been, after a while your brain can only take so much. I was genuinely tired and borderline in shock by the time it was over.

The camera work and the cinematography were outstanding. The story line was not too hard to follow, but just the endless lights flickering and scene changes and the whole wierd sexual undertone was pretty intense. I wasnt sure at first that '___' was supposedly what he was smoking on.

I really loved the whole life and death angle, the rebirth, the book of the dead business. It was very trippy but also in a metaphysical sort of way as opposed to just the drugs. It was basically showing the cycle of life as a whole.

Overall I would say this is one of the most intense films I have ever watched. It will surely make a big wave. And yes, this movie definitely isnt for everyone. Definitely not for kids. If you get offended by drugs or sexual matter then dont even go there.

Personally, I loved it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Effin' brilliant

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join