It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion;why this evil will not leave the earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have been reading through another thread about what people would do to end religion on this planet despite some intelligent suggestions this would be a virtually impossible task.Despite the fact that there has not been a positive theocracy in the history of this planet(even the Tibetan Buddhists hung the skins of skinned shamen on their temple walls from there we progress to human sacrifice) and the fact that rational analysis of many key religious figures shows that they are snake oil salesmen and conmen albeit ones conversant with sleight of hand,magic,neuro-linguistic programming,mass hypnosis and mind control skills billions worldwide cling to their dogmas,doctrines,faiths and creeds.

I am a subscriber to the gnostic proposition that the world of man and the spirit world are a false creation superimposed on us by an evil demi-urge,the gnostics called this being Yaldoboath.He and his archons are responsible for creating and managing the false realities that enslave mankind.Earth is a hell and its management and spirit world are what one would expect to find in a hell.

These beings are in league with the high priests and sorcerors of this world that head the worlds major faiths all of which are controlled by the powers that be,for example with Christianity you have the Catholics to the Vatican and the Jesuits/Black Pope,the Anglicans via the Queen to the Rothschilds and the Religious right via the Reverend Moon to the Rockerfellers.Each religion has its 'software' or unassailable texts which adherents download and its 'handlers' be they Priests Preachers or Clerics ;as people digest the texts and study and devote time effort and energy to their chosen faith they 'tune' into the false archon reality for that faith.

This false reality will re-inforce the egos investment with dreams or visions or synchronicities etc often to the person providing powerful reinforcement they are investing in the 'truth'.The ultimate development of this is the zealot who is prepared to kill either those who challenge his faith or those his faith state deserve to die.As the tao te ching says,'it is folly to take on the superstitions of the masses'.You cannot reason with zealots.

As a species we have traditionally relied on stories and parables and myths and legends we have a weakness that we need to have some child like belief in these stories often the more fanciful the better,even though many in the west are learning to evaluate through the prism of science and reason the simple fact is most of the worlds masses still live in primitive cultures and are superstitious.So the infestation of our species by the Gods and their minion spirits is with us yet for some time to come.

As a wise man once said,theres one born every day.

A part of me says who am I to tear down blissful ignorance another part says no matter how sad or painful my species needs to grow up from its trusting child state.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
While I do see religions as no different than believing harry potter is real, it is not the problem. Getting rid of religion won't really change much. If the whole population is atheist, they will merely fight about different segments of how "atheism" should be tackled. People will always rally under a cause that gives them a purpose, a reason to live. Violence will continue, we are born from this world, as are animals. Animals kill each other sometimes for fun or to practice, so do Humans. We are no different.

Getting rid of the belief in an imaginary Flying Spaghetti Monster won't change anything.

Just as some religions preach good-will and non-violence with followers being hypocrits and doing otherwise; atheists will have the same deal.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
A church in my neighborhood regularly takes in people living in the streets and feeds/clothes them, recently they have been taking in more due to the extreme cold here, i have even heard of the same church raising money for families that are poor and helped them pay for bills, rent and food till they got back on their feet again, and just yesterday while driving past this church i seen toy drop offs for the needy kids for christmas.

I am not or have never been religious but i think what some religions are doing is pretty damn cool and i respect that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You have a point; there is race,nationalism and other isms that couse wars and strife as well as religion,but at least without religion we would indulge in such things as true humans and not subjects of an interdimensional prison pandering covertly or overtly to the rambling edicts of aliens indulging in hubris.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathoryn

I agree at the coal face Religions can do good and your local Priest or Pastor only knows what his Seminary or Divinity school has taught him and is clueless that at the elite level its enochian,solomonic and chaos magic practiced by Wizards and warlocks and that the 'defenders of the faith' throw around things like goetic demons not angels.The bottom of the pyramid doesn't know much about the top.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Your thread if full of contempt and hate. I wonder why? If everyone took such a sour look at reliongs it would indeed be a sad world to be a part of. I once heard a saying something like I don't beleive in a god even if i live to be a hundred and Im sure you will till you turn 99. Erick Errikson once wrote an interesting book Mans escape from freedom. maybe you could find it and read a little it might open your eyes. Is your glass half full or just empty?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by safteynet

I haven't said Im an atheist but I do believe the true creator or creator beings have moved on and that their self appointed replacements would seem to be survivors of some intergalactic prison ship wreck.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Religion is no more evil than science. Both paths are a search for the same thing: understanding, just in different formats. There is as much evil that has been perpetrated in the name of religion as has been unleashed through science. The problem isn't so much the search for understanding, but rather the answers and the misinterpretation, manipulation, and/or misuse of those answers. The evil isn't in religion, it is in the nature of man. Until we realize this nature and deal with it, there will always be evil deeds and evil creeds.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The only negative thing about getting rid of the religions, is that you would also have to get rid of the red cross, st vincent de paul and loads of other church based organizations that do great things worldwide for the needy on a daily basis.

I do not support any religion, although i think these organizations are good for society.
edit on 15-12-2010 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Hehe, parallels. parabels are teaching forms which are being used by TPTB to lead
us astray. These forms of teaching are supposed to be good however in the
wrong hands they can be devastating.

"unassailable"

www.biblegateway.com...:9&version=NIV

Genesis 4:9 (New International Version, ©2010)

9 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?”

“I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

brother can also mean brother in law which in New Jack city
translates into.........

Yes, I am.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-12-2010 by Mr. D because: syntax

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
Religion is no more evil than science. Both paths are a search for the same thing: understanding, just in different formats.

How can a quest for knowledge (science) be evil???? Science is only evil if you are religious and you equate science with abiogenesis and evolution.

Afaik, religion is not a search for understanding. Don't they believe that they understand already?

EDIT: Ok, maybe I misunderstood your post. You're saying neither is evil?

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
While I do see religions as no different than believing harry potter is real, it is not the problem. Getting rid of religion won't really change much. If the whole population is atheist, they will merely fight about different segments of how "atheism" should be tackled.

Atheism is not a religion. Afaik there are no opposing atheistic groups as there are opposing religious groups. Believe me, getting rid of religion will change the world. I think it will be for the better.

For the record, I am not an atheist. I just believe the world will be a better place without religion. I was raised as a Christian and for most of my life I lived in constant fear that I am a sinner and will go to Hell. That is most definitely not a good thing for anyone to go through. There is still a small part of my brain holding that fear, so I'm not completely cured of religion even though I stopped being a Christian years ago. That's powerful "magic" that

edit on 15-12-2010 by Lannock because: misunderstanding of post replied to

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Religion and science are two tools of the same masters,masters who will exploit the lesser angels of human nature,greed,lust for power,recognition and adulation to recruit their minions of course not all clerics and scientists were evil but what if the same effort went into cancer research as military research and if the church truly wished to help the poor perhaps it could divest some of its countless billions in real estate,shares,art treasures and banking interests instead of leaving it to parish priests and lay people.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

Ofcourse Atheism is not a religion. I was generalising political ideologies, concepts, opinions, structures etc.

Human nature will remain constant regardless of Religion's presence. Stalin is an example, same atrocities as Christianity and Islam.

A benefit of the lack of a presence of religion could be that science will be held in higher regard thus technological advances may hasten. Regardless, violence will still be present.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock

Originally posted by xiphias
Religion is no more evil than science. Both paths are a search for the same thing: understanding, just in different formats.

How can a quest for knowledge (science) be evil???? Science is only evil if you are religious and you equate science with abiogenesis and evolution.

Afaik, religion is not a search for understanding. Don't they believe that they understand already?

EDIT: Ok, maybe I misunderstood your post. You're saying neither is evil?

Yea, neither is evil; the evil is in how they are used. All religions start as a philosophy, and is a science in itself, just not necessarily a legitimate science. You could argue that science also believes what they understand, and that the understanding is continually changing.

new topics

top topics

join