It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Cool if I don't believe in God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

You've made plenty of baseless and bigoted claims, sure, but you've not provided a single shred of evidence that the majority of atheists think they're somehow cooler.

ask any psychiatrist and you will find the bulk of their patients are Atheists... I will be back later on to post more of these observations and facts I have discovered over time.

See? This is the sort of claim you have to back up with a source.

Now, things that you simply believe without any evidence to back them up aren't 'facts'. Sure, they may be 'observations', but you can have an observation that uses an improper methodology.

It would seem to me I could fill this topic to 100 pages with my perceived facts about proud atheism...

I added some emphasis there. They are perceived, therefore they're not facts. Facts are verifiable. What you have aren't facts, they're prejudices.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
'I am cool if I don't believe in God.'

meaning

I am a teenager, or at least very young.

I am immature.

I yearn to be accepted by my peers.

I make important decisions for superficial reasons.

My views and opinions are secondhand, unexamined and irrelevant to any serious discussion.

Very well. Reading you loud and clear, Cosmic.Artifact.

Now hear this: I was decades past my teens when I finally accepted my own atheism. I am now over fifty years old. Governments, large multinational companies and international charities have consulted me and paid me well for my expertise. Friends and relatives often come to me for advice. I have all the peer acceptance and respect anyone could possibly need. As for my views and opinions, I can explain why I hold every one of them, and back the explanation with facts. Your description does not fit this atheist.

Your thread title is denigratory of and insulting to atheists. It is also immensely bigoted and stupid, giving the impression that the thread starter does not even know how to think, let alone express his thoughts in decent words.

It may surprise you to discover that the Ignore button is not needed to deal with the likes of you. Consider this: there are plenty of committed, militant theists, particularly Christian believers, on ATS. Why do we hardly ever see them posting in your threads? Have a little think about that.

As for me, you won't be seeing me posting in your threads, or even reading them, from now on. I shall similarly ignore any post I see by you on somebody else's thread. I shall do this, confident in the knowledge that I am missing absolutely nothing of interest or importance; and as for entertainment, I'm afraid your value to me in that department is quite exhausted.

I heartily urge those who, like me, have done you the courtesy of engaging you in argument heretofore, to do the same and leave you to stew in the cauldron of bile and ignorance you have lit under yourself.

edit on 17/12/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
You've made plenty of baseless and bigoted claims, sure, but you've not provided a single shred of evidence that the majority of atheists think they're somehow cooler.

ask any psychiatrist and you will find the bulk of their patients are Atheists... I will be back later on to post more of these observations and facts I have discovered over time.

See? This is the sort of claim you have to back up with a source

We hold these truths to be self-evident... but if I must dig some out for you I will save it for another topic about facts, this topic is about...

(if some think it is cool to act like they do not believe in a God)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
'I am cool if I don't believe in God.'

meaning

I am a teenager, or at least very young.

I am immature.

I yearn to be accepted by my peers.

I make important decisions for superficial reasons.

My views and opinions are secondhand, unexamined and irrelevant to any serious discussion.

Very well. Reading you loud and clear, Cosmic.Artifact.

Now hear this: I was decades past my teens when I finally accepted my own atheism. I am now over fifty years old. Governments, large multinational companies and international charities have consulted me and paid me well for my expertise. Friends and relatives often come to me for advice. I have all the peer acceptance and respect anyone could possibly need. As for my views and opinions, I can explain why I hold every one of them, and back the explanation with facts. Your description does not fit this atheist.

there is hope, I appreciate your input... I do not have a problem with individuals who have respect and those who live and let live. Have you checked out the Origins & Creation section lately ?

I wish the rest of the Atheist caste would take a hint from some of the older/wiser Humans on this board and around the internets.

Maybe you could help them along ?

Sorry if I insulted you personally, my intention was to convey what most think about Atheism in general.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Your thread title is denigratory of and insulting to atheists. It is also immensely bigoted and stupid, giving the impression that the thread starter does not even know how to think, let alone express his thoughts in decent words.

well actually I was trying to put myself in the mindset of an Atheist, that is why I did not use the word (if) or (are Atheist cool if they do not believe in God) I was trying to express the impression I and the majority of others get from proud fundamental atheist.

deal with the likes of you.

yes that is a good one, very typical of an atheist... I say you do lead by example, lol.

btw what is that sticking out the rear of your avatar... or is it sticking in ?

Why do we hardly ever see them posting in your threads? Have a little think about that.

possibly because I am not in the right section or even on the right board...

I do not need back-up, I can handle the hoards of godless sodomites all on my own....

As for me, you won't be seeing me posting in your threads, or even reading them, from now on.

well is someone learning ? I give it to them... but you are not breaking my heart if you must know.

I heartily urge those who, like me, have done you the courtesy of engaging you in argument heretofore, to do the same and leave you

I never knew Atheists were such easy quitters, I will have to add that observation (which is actually fact because here it is right here... Atheists are Quitters) to my "Are Atheist Arrogant" topic.

edit on 12/17/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

I never knew Atheists were such easy quitters,

Atheists rationally discuss facts, using logic.

Your posts contain nothing but insults and lies,
for which you make no attempt to show evidence
and indicate you lack any perception of logic.
This leaves no avenue for rational two-way discussion.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

See? This is the sort of claim you have to back up with a source

We hold these truths to be self-evident...

Ah, so you hold your clear bigotry to be self-evident.

but if I must dig some out for you I will save it for another topic about facts, this topic is about...

I'm sorry, but this is a topic in which you're making flagrantly bigoted claims, and you must back these extraordinary claims with extraordinary evidence or else it will just remain what it is right now, extraordinarily stupid.

(if some think it is cool to act like they do not believe in a God)

Sure, some do. Some people think it's uncool. Some people think it's neutral. But you're making specific claims against specific people. You're being a bigot in this and other threads. I'm not going to sit by and let baseless claims against a group of people without any evidence for it. Whether or not I'm a member of that group. If you were claiming that of Christians I'd still ask you for evidence.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Don't think it makes me cool...but at least it makes me rational and logical

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zptramel

What does Astronomy, physics, and biology have to do with internality? I think you're missing the point of what "traditions" of whatever type are getting at.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by zptramel

What does Astronomy, physics, and biology have to do with internality? I think you're missing the point of what "traditions" of whatever type are getting at.

Sorry, I have never heard of the word "internality", so I don’t understand the first question. (Never been that great at vocabulary: P )

But I'll try to restate what I meant.

Ok, so the OP said:
"Are you cool for not believing in God?"

Imo, I do not believe you are "cool" for being atheist, christian, etc. because... that’s just childish. Also, the tone of the post sounded rude towards the average atheist (like me), so that is why I stated my reasons. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to argue my cause that well... so here we go.

The reason I am an atheist is because of Astronomy, Physics, and Biology.
Astronomy because it was the first thing that made me start questioning god (I used to be a christian so I am going to use chrisitan examples). Once I found out the size of the Universe and how many stars, planets, galaxies there are, I began to think "why would the lord of the Universe be so into human affairs, when earth is not even a trillionth of a percent of the Universe." "why doesn't the bible speak about the beauty of nebulas, galaxies, and other cosmic structures?" the biggest one for me is that the book genesis says "god made the earth... then the heavens", which is entirely false since earth is only 4.5bill yr. old and the sun is 5-6bill yrs. old. another thing, there are stars that are 10-13 bill yrs. old; therefore the "heavens" were made before the earth.
Physics because it’s just so COMPLEX! When I started getting into physics I always asked myself "why would god make the Universe so ridiculously complex (from the very large to the infinitesimally small), yet be so jealous over who we worship, who we have sex with, how we should live are lives...the list goes on?"
Biology makes you realize who we humans are not that different from the "inferior" animals around us. Biology also shows how we humans are not individuals but instead, a multitude of cells all working together to create you. There is so much with Biology (evolution, DNA, etc.) that it, imo, gives credible evidence that the bible, or any other religion, is false.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join