It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

The other punishments, such as fines etc are obviously not working, those are also psychological punishments.

It is odd, some seem to think that physical punishment is worse than psychological punishment, last I checked psychological punishment doesn't get healed up, but physical does.

I find it odd that people think it is OK to lock someone up, and waste his/her time doing nothing, and waste the law abiding citizen's money, last but not least, not solving the problem.

If you think having over a million people in prison is acceptable level, then I don't know what unacceptable level is.

By the way, prisons have existed for a long time now, I haven't seen any changes, except sending more people to prison.

It is odd that you think physical punishments are cruel, but not psychological punishment.

I think at this point, what is left is to discuss whether psychological punishment is more cruel than physical punishment, and whether psychological punishment produces results or physical punishment.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oozy, this is just a question, I'm not trying to offend you, I'm genuinely interested in the answer.

It's just with your apparent hatred towards western culture from reading some of your posts in various threads (some of your other, non-culture related posts seem quite intelligent btw), are you an extremist?

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join