It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

I don't care for "class".

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dylandalek

It's great right? I was waiting for the first person to notice this, and react on it, you win the jackpot
I pissed you off!

First of all, your arrogant approach does not do any good in improving the situation, and neither does your insults.

Your screen name is Endlessknowledge, mine is Zamini(as an Iranian you should understand what this means), yet I have the arrogant approach...excuse me while I

Secondly, it's easy to enjoy your freedom of expression in the west, then in turn defend a regime that deprives its people of that basic right. Good job.

Durrrr, that's the whole point of freedom of expression, and I wouldn't be too quick to assume I'm defending the regime. I don't like governments, really.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
I don't like governments, really.

Well you sure have a good way of showing it. You had us all fooled.

By constantly attacking the west you are in turn excusing the actions of the regime.

You lack objectivity, at least you come across that way. But who am I to change you. So I'm done.

Best of luck to you in changing things with this approach.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

By constantly attacking the west you are in turn excusing the actions of the regime.

And by constantly attacking Iran you are in turn excusing the actions of the Western governments. As citizens in the Western world, what do you think would be easier to change for us? The place we live or a country half a globe away?

Besides, I'm not excusing anything, I'm just aware of reality.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dylandalek

Brittain

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Britain.

Brittain may refer to:

• Brittain Dining Hall
  • Brittain Speaker, a historical name for the Leslie speaker
  • USS Brittain, incorrectly named model for the USS Brattain in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Night Terrors"

People with the surname

• Bill Brittain (born 1930), American author
  • Donald Brittain (1928-1989), Canadian filmmaker
  • Marion Luther Brittain (1865-1953), U.S. educator
  • Martin Brittain (born 1984), English professional football player
  • Neil Brittain, Northern Irish television presenter and journalist
  • Ronald Brittain, MBE (1899-1981), British Regimental Sergeant Major (R.S.M.)
  • Thomas Lewis Brittain (1744-1827), English Dominican
  • Vera Brittain (1893-1970), English writer, feminist, and pacifist
  • Wayne Brittain, Australian Football League (AFL) coach

• And dude, seriously, that sorta name calling is inappropriate and could get you banned from the site, just a friendly warning

edit on 15/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
    link   
    Wow these Iranians are such hypocrits! Was it not to long ago these a-holes bashed the shiite out of their own green party movement??

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Zamini

People are asked to place their hands on a bible or holy book in a court of law, which the oath is: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God? Even when an elected official takes the oath of office, he puts his hand on a bible, or the holy book of his choice.
    Yes a church or a religious organization does not pay taxes, but if they get involved in politics and it is proven in a court of law, they can and are often punished, and fined, and if they continue the will have their tax exempt status pulled.
    Ah, but are you sure what I believe? I have made no reference into what I believe, sticking to the facts that I have found.
    Do I believe I can speak out against the government without fear of Reprisal or redress the government for grievances, yes I do, and have done so in the past and will do so in the future. The federal government has yet to come down on me.
    The issue is not about Wikileaks, and that is only the opinion of the politicians, who fail to realize what many in the press do, that such is covered under a US Supreme court case, and thus they are treading a fine line that could get a law overturned by the courts.
    You are right on the last aspect, however, the question is what proof do you have to the contrary to any argument that has been made? You claim that this is biased against the country of Iran, then prove it with facts, not just the rhetoric that you are spouting.
    The facts are that Iran is a Theocratic republic, where the people are often suppressed, and those who either speak out against, or are not apart of the religious majority are persecuted. That is fact as documented. The very people who look at this, also look at the US and have issued reports on such as well. I am not claiming the US is a better country, or the UK, but it is way better than Iran.
    Countries do mind their business, however, when it becomes news, and politicians make comments, or something, such as Iran states it is going to bring an issue up to the Human Rights commission at the UN, then it becomes news worthy and the facts, as well as, the history should be looked at. So far the facts and history are viewing unforvablely against Iran, when it comes to Human Rights and the violations there of.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
    link   
    Regardless of what anyone think about Irans human rights issues I would have to agree with the sentiment. The British government is acting more like a tyranical state when dealing with anyone who disagrees with them, i.e. students.

"What you fight you become"

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Zamini

That is why Iran should mind its own business and the US should mind its own business. In fact, everyone should mind their own business...but that's not reality, is it?

No, exactly the opposite! Everyone should critize the others as much as he can, and vice versa, otherwise we wont move forward. We are living on this planet together and turning blind eye to things we disagree with and shutting up is certainly not the way to go.
    I say let the US dig up dirt on Iranian regime and show it to the world, and let Iran do the same about US govt and Israel.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
    link   
    I am, from the UK and Iran has every right to post the human rights for the student marches. Two wrongs don't make a right - I am happy to add my weight when I see death by stoning elsewhere so I am also just as happy when someone points out the wrongness [or is it wrongitude] closer to home.

The irony about the student marches is that this has been the BEST thing for UK democracy for years. These people will be the next managers and directors of big corporations and in the UK students have been notoriously quiet for about 20 years so it is great for them to find their voices again. Make it clear, I do not condone the violence - however we do need youth challenging the norm, - all countries need this. [and obviously in a democracy it is easier to do this]

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
    link   
    Iran is going to complain to the UN about the UK human rights breach?

Hmmmm....isn't Iran the same country that hung anyone that was a homosexual?

Just asking......

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
    link   
    While we are on the subject [apologies Op for going off topic]. police usually get a rollocking, they cannot do right from wrong in the protests. I have a a lot of sympathy and some individuals take it too far and step over the mark in the use of force. The really interesting questions is the Prince of Wales and Camilla. How far would they let the protesters go before the bodyguards/special police in the car behind drew guns?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
    link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

This is why Muslims are facing growing hostility in the West. I'm as left as you like but I'm growing tired of you radical religious nuts.

If you believe in execution, go live in a country with backward laws.
    edit on 15-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

Just in case you didn't know, US is a Western country and executes people all the time.

Anyways, why should I leave again? Because I don't agree with you?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jerico65
    Iran is going to complain to the UN about the UK human rights breach?

Hmmmm....isn't Iran the same country that hung anyone that was a homosexual?

Just asking......

Which

BLOG

is your source

??

edit on 15-12-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
    link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

I've read what I wrote and my comments stand. You assumed that I shared some nonsencical belief pertaining to America being the height of Democracy and Freedom. Ergo, assumption fail.

Ohh Get over yourself well you.

America is a Western country.

America claims to be the best Democracy, and the strongest Democracy, defending all Democracies around the world, and pretends to use all its wealth and resources to spread Democracy around the world.

The above being said, you are using two vague words Democracy and Freedom??

There are many forms of Democracy, are you gonna tell us which is your choice?
    There are many different levels of Freedom, are you gonna tell us which is your choice?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
    link   
    Sorry I am still not getting this.

Replace Iran with Tonga or ANY country [I hope I have not just upset any ATS Tongan people] - all countries have a right to question the Human Rights of another country - the UK will live and die by the sword. And there is a serious point, the UK often legislate far stronger than any other country - almost to the letter for various EU initiatives.

Sort of makes me think that the original posting was a little mischievous to spark the debate about Iran and the UK -when there isn't one on this posting.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
    link   

Originally posted by templar knight
    Sorry I am still not getting this.

Replace Iran with Tonga or ANY country [I hope I have not just upset any ATS Tongan people] - all countries have a right to question the Human Rights of another country - the UK will live and die by the sword. And there is a serious point, the UK often legislate far stronger than any other country - almost to the letter for various EU initiatives.

Sort of makes me think that the original posting was a little mischievous to spark the debate about Iran and the UK -when there isn't one on this posting.

Yes, every country which is part of UN can bring forward other countries' human rights violations. That includes Iran.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Hitler gave a perfect recipe for propaganda, and at the same time gave a perfect cure, it seems Iran is spreading the cure, while the West is trying to keep the recipe together:

As soon as by one's own propaganda even a glimpse of right on the other side is admitted, the cause for doubting one's own right is laid.
    Adolf Hitler

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
    link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
    reply to post by oozyism

www.ukgaynews.org.uk...

www.washingtonpost.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Check your sources.

All three sources are from the same story.

All three sources claim they were hanged because they were gay without any evidence.

But

Evidence suggests that they were hanged because they raped "a 13-year-old boy", rather than then being Homosexual.

identified as Ayaz Marhoni and Mahmoud Asgari, were said to have been convicted not for homosexual conduct but for raping a 13-year-old boy.

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join