It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 8
18
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini
 

Being insulting on any post towards anyone does not win a debate, nor is it called for, only diminishes the person making the insult. The comments that you made, not only about me being ignorant, and the comments about the sky being blue was uncalled for and really not necessary. I was merely pointing out, with the fact that would speak for themselves, about the complaints that Iran has made, that are both valid and invalid. I did not expect to be so rudely attacked by a person and perhaps you should consider that when posting. The facts here are as follows:
In the UK, due to the budget cuts that the government is having to make, caused an increase in the tuition rates for the Universities. Across Europe, for the longest time, only the top students were able to go to a University, paid for by the respective governments, where as in the US, anyone could get in. They are having to make changes in their policies to try to accommodate the short fall due to the economic downfall, and it is hitting across the board. I also pointed out that the students were getting violent and causing damage, to private property. Would you be happy if your house, home, or something you owned was damaged in the process of a protest? It was also pointed out, that the current government of Iran is a Theocracy, controlled by the clerics, that determine the government politics and how the laws are administered. I did not pass judgment as you stated I did. Rather I stated how when the people of Iran protested PEACEFULLY, the government of Iran cracked down on it. When the parliament of Iran, called for an investigation of the current President, it was the theocracy that denied it, not even as so much as allowing an open debate. So what is the true violation of human rights? The police preventing the damage of property by students who decide to take it out on anything around, or a government that cracks down on the people and prevents the investigation of alleged abuses by those in power, to protect its citizens?
Please do not insult, people for giving their opinion, or this could degrade down, and none of us want such.




posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty
 

Maybe, but then again I do not live in the UK, or Europe, so must formulate my opinion based off of what I can find out from the different news organizations. Pictures speak a thousand words, and the side that throws the first punch is the one that no one should support.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by NadaCambia
 


You mean like the US?

The US executes people and its the US that is the spearhead of democracy and freedom right? So if that is the case, can you explain what's wrong with execution?

And before you get it mixed up, I did not say whether or not I was for or against death penalties. I'm just going by what "the civilized world" is telling me is good by acting it out across the globe.

Catch the drift?
edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)


The US is NOT the spearhead of Democracy or freedom.

American laws on criminals are backwards as hell. Aswell as executing people, they have the 3 strikes and you're out felony rule. Which is equally barbaric and inhumane.

American human rights is a global joke. America is not a civilised country, it's a fundamentalist Christian nation.

Assumption fail.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 



The comments that you made, not only about me being ignorant, and the comments about the sky being blue was uncalled for and really not necessary.


You don't have any credibility to claim that when you say stuff like:


While it may seem ridiculous, and often not worthwhile to mention, like say how the Iranian President keeps stating he wants to wipe the nation of Israel off the face of the earth, committing a bigger genocide than those that have come before.


Comprende? It makes no sense to argue in a circle comprende? It doesn't matter why a government clamps down on its people as long as it does it, in a free country. Comprende?

reply to post by NadaCambia
 



Assumption fail.


Oh I see, so when you don't understand what the other person types you just reply with: "assumption fail".

Either way, you make good points, we're all tired of religious nutcases. But for arguments sake, re-read what I wrote.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 



The comments that you made, not only about me being ignorant, and the comments about the sky being blue was uncalled for and really not necessary.


You don't have any credibility to claim that when you say stuff like:


While it may seem ridiculous, and often not worthwhile to mention, like say how the Iranian President keeps stating he wants to wipe the nation of Israel off the face of the earth, committing a bigger genocide than those that have come before.


Comprende? It makes no sense to argue in a circle comprende? It doesn't matter why a government clamps down on its people as long as it does it, in a free country. Comprende?

reply to post by NadaCambia
 



Assumption fail.


Oh I see, so when you don't understand what the other person types you just reply with: "assumption fail".

Either way, you make good points, we're all tired of religious nutcases. But for arguments sake, re-read what I wrote.


I've read what I wrote and my comments stand. You assumed that I shared some nonsencical belief pertaining to America being the height of Democracy and Freedom. Ergo, assumption fail.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini
 


Ah but a free country does not clamp down on its people, that it follows a system of laws that protect both it and the citizens that live there. Iran is not a free country, nor is it a republic or a democratic country but a Theocracy, and thus the rules it governs its people by and the laws that it puts on those people are based on religion, and not on the laws that protect everyone.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia
 



I've read what I wrote and my comments stand. You assumed that I shared some nonsencical belief pertaining to America being the height of Democracy and Freedom. Ergo, assumption fail.


Look, I didn't assume you shared that belief, I assumed the masses do. The masses are told on TV every day that the US is spreading freedom and democracy. We both know that's bullcrap. So in that light, when Iran executes people it is so horrible the regime needs to be wiped out and all that(the masses are fed this), but when the US executes a person it is the law, yada yada. This is the hypocracy that is brought to light.

There was no assumption on what you believed, it was a general belief that is held by a lot of zombies, catch the drift?


reply to post by sdcigarpig
 


Ah but a free country does not clamp down on its people, that it follows a system of laws that protect both it and the citizens that live there. Iran is not a free country, nor is it a republic or a democratic country but a Theocracy, and thus the rules it governs its people by and the laws that it puts on those people are based on religion, and not on the laws that protect everyone.


Exactly, a free country does not do this. So let me as you AGAIN. IS BRITTAIN A FREE COUNTRY? Is the US a free country? Is EUROPE free? Besides that, the law is not solely based on religion, that is impossible. It can however be based on preferred conduct in combination with the interpretation of religion, regardless of what religion, as can be seen around the globe. You want to disagree about that? Go talk into a mirror.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
But as it stands the UN and other human rights watch has actually documented the human rights violations in the country of Iran and around the world. In their reports, the following was reported:
Following the June 12, 2009 election and the protests that took place, there was a worsening repression of dissent and violent unrest. In the aftermath that followed it is documented that there was unfair trails, prisoners of conscience, torture, mistreatment of the detained, and deaths in custody, and the application of the death penalty, in the highest number of recorded executions of any other country in the world at that time frame. There was sever religious persecutions, where 2 Baha’is were sentenced to prison all on the grounds of their belief. Lawyers, whose only crime was to defend those accused were imprisoned and detained.
The UN has documented cases where those who are of a religious minority in the country of Iran, are often persecuted all on the basis of faith, to include punishments ranging from detention, to imprisonment up to death.
Now all of this is not coming from the United States, or Europe, but from groups like Amnesty International and the United Nations that are carefully recording and documenting all of this.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Exactly. If you want to be taken serious you shouldn't commit the very same crimes as you accuse your enemies of. Beating the crap out of protestors for example.


That's precisely the point. In this case, it is IRAN who is taking their complaint to the UN and according to your own logic they should not be taken seriously. Was that the point you were trying to make? If not it should be.


You make me feel so smart, please do continue your baseless ranting!


You can CLAIM to be anything you want, but the facts speak for themselves. And the fact is that you are a shill to the murderous regime and you have such a strong dislike for the US that your lack of objectivity is quite transparent.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wow.. just wow.
So much hate in this thread, it's gone beyond the whole topic the OP posted.
How does Iran reporting the protest to the United Nations Human Right suddenly evolve to the topic of anti-US and anti-UK? Such immaturity, shame on you.


I don't agree with a lot of things Iran does but I'm glad this issue is being reported to the United Nations Human Rights Council.
Thank you OP for sharing this news.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini
 

Ah, but in the United States, Religion and the Government are seperated. The state is expressly forbidden from getting involved in any Church and the churches are not allowed to get involved in the political process. All faiths have the freedom to worship as they so choose without fear of persecution by the state. Iran it is not so.
In the US, a person can say, as long as it does not incite violence or an act of violence, anything it so chooses to, without fear of reprisal. In the US, people can freely and openly complain, criticize the government or any organization without fear of reprisal, and redress their government. If the Congress decides to invesitgate the President of the United States, there is no holding it back, as it is their right and that of the people to demand such.
Funny how in Iran, when members of Parliment wanted to Investigate the actions of the President of Iran, it was the grand Ayatollah, that told them not to, forcing them to ask permission to have a petition just to debate the issue.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge
 



That's precisely the point. In this case, it is IRAN who is taking their complaint to the UN and according to your own logic they should not be taken seriously.


It is irrelevant, because the UN is not Iran. The point here is not whether or not Iran should be taken serious it is about highlighting the hypocracy of Western rethoric.


And the fact is that you are a shill to the murderous regime and you have such a strong dislike for the US that your lack of objectivity is quite transparent.


Yeah whatever, you don't know me on a personal level and I have no strong dislike for the US as you put it, but for hypocracy in policy. As a citizen of the Western world I thought it was my right to speak about such things, in fact I am encouraged to do so, so we can improve the situation we find ourselves in. No? I like my freedom of expression, I don't want it taken away by ignorant folk who can't see farther than their nose!



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dylandalek

IS BRITTAIN A FREE COUNTRY?


It's "Britain", and we are certainly more free than whatever raghead infested crapfilled desert clusterf*ck of a "country" you come from.


There is no reason to bring hate into the discussion, after all, Zamini is doing enough of that for the rest of us.

BTW, did you know those "ragheads" that now infest Iran were put in power because of the US and UK? If you haven't already than research Mossadegh.

No need to show hate towards millions because of the words of one imbecile.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by NadaCambia
 



I've read what I wrote and my comments stand. You assumed that I shared some nonsencical belief pertaining to America being the height of Democracy and Freedom. Ergo, assumption fail.


Look, I didn't assume you shared that belief, I assumed the masses do. The masses are told on TV every day that the US is spreading freedom and democracy. We both know that's bullcrap. So in that light, when Iran executes people it is so horrible the regime needs to be wiped out and all that(the masses are fed this), but when the US executes a person it is the law, yada yada. This is the hypocracy that is brought to light.

There was no assumption on what you believed, it was a general belief that is held by a lot of zombies, catch the drift?


reply to post by sdcigarpig
 


Ah but a free country does not clamp down on its people, that it follows a system of laws that protect both it and the citizens that live there. Iran is not a free country, nor is it a republic or a democratic country but a Theocracy, and thus the rules it governs its people by and the laws that it puts on those people are based on religion, and not on the laws that protect everyone.


Exactly, a free country does not do this. So let me as you AGAIN. IS BRITTAIN A FREE COUNTRY? Is the US a free country? Is EUROPE free? Besides that, the law is not solely based on religion, that is impossible. It can however be based on preferred conduct in combination with the interpretation of religion, regardless of what religion, as can be seen around the globe. You want to disagree about that? Go talk into a mirror.


Lets not beat around the Bush. You cited American laws as a method of deflection.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 



But as it stands the UN and other human rights watch has actually documented the human rights violations in the country of Iran and around the world.


And who documents the US? Or Brittain? Or the EMU for gods sake? Also the UN right? Then the next obvious question is: is it done fair? I don't think so.

Which brings me to the next point:


Ah, but in the United States, Religion and the Government are seperated.


How can you be sure? Are people not asked to place their hands on the bible?


The state is expressly forbidden from getting involved in any Church and the churches are not allowed to get involved in the political process.


But the church doesn't pay taxes and can sponsor the government via proxy. So how about that?


All faiths have the freedom to worship as they so choose without fear of persecution by the state.


Yeah, but you'll be painted in the worst ways as a Muslim.


In the US, a person can say, as long as it does not incite violence or an act of violence, anything it so chooses to, without fear of reprisal.


Come on...you don't really believe this do you?


In the US, people can freely and openly complain, criticize the government or any organization without fear of reprisal, and redress their government.


Oh come on...what the hell is going on with Wikileaks?


If the Congress decides to invesitgate the President of the United States, there is no holding it back, as it is their right and that of the people to demand such.


Oh please...I'm not even going to comment on this one.


Iran it is not so. // Funny how in Iran, when members of Parliment wanted to Investigate the actions of the President of Iran, it was the grand Ayatollah, that told them not to, forcing them to ask permission to have a petition just to debate the issue.


Two wrongs never make a right. That is why Iran should mind its own business and the US should mind its own business. In fact, everyone should mind their own business...but that's not reality, is it?



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
As a citizen of the Western world I thought it was my right to speak about such things, in fact I am encouraged to do so, so we can improve the situation we find ourselves in. No? I like my freedom of expression, I don't want it taken away by ignorant folk who can't see farther than their nose!


First of all, your arrogant approach does not do any good in improving the situation, and neither does your insults.

Secondly, it's easy to enjoy your freedom of expression in the west, then in turn defend a regime that deprives its people of that basic right. Good job.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge
 



BTW, did you know those "ragheads" that now infest Iran were put in power because of the US and UK? If you haven't already than research Mossadegh.


Welcome to yesterday, I've gone beyond that point. Now lets see if you can do the same. I believe I told you this as well through U2U?

reply to post by NadaCambia
 


Not as deflection but as comparison as it is America who has troops stationed around Iran. Do you see me bring in pedophile christians of the Vatican in this? No? That would've been deflection!(if I'm correct in my understanding)



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dylandalek
BRITAIN, AS IN B-R-I-T-A-I-N.
Get it right you scummy muslim #


Very classy bud.




top topics



 
18
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join