It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dylandalek

These "protesters" are nothing but middle class thugs throwing a tantrum because they can't have what they want, and fear the prospect of actually having to work for a living.

BS..They are protesting because the corrupt Government spent all the tax payers money on fraudulent wars and bailing out big business and now are trying to screw the same tax payer into footing the bill.....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by dylandalek

These "protesters" are nothing but middle class thugs throwing a tantrum because they can't have what they want, and fear the prospect of actually having to work for a living.

BS..They are protesting because the corrupt Government spent all the tax payers money on fraudulent wars and bailing out big business and now are trying to screw the same tax payer into footing the bill.....

Never heard the population complaining about all this spending when times were good did you? Despite the Conservatives reminding your beloved Labour Party that they were on borrowed time, they didn't listen. So why weren't the population out complaining and protesting then? Because they were too busy racking up debt on credit cards and mortgages they could not afford. Cuts have to be made, sacrifices have to happen if we are to continue normality.
edit on 15-12-2010 by dylandalek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dylandalek
These "protesters" are nothing but middle class thugs throwing a tantrum because they can't have what they want, and fear the prospect of actually having to work for a living. In any case, our riot police are not as aggressive as in many other nations, they don't use tear gas or water cannons or rubber bullets, which is arguably a breach of human rights.

Actually it has a lot to do with the UK government upping tuition costs for university by three times the price.

I'm in university and it costs me about $17,000 CAD a year (CAD is the same value as USD now), so I think I can relate because if some asses wanted to force me to pay $55,000 a year for academic training, I would be smashing up the establishment too.

Clearly the only people in Britain (or is this all of UK?) that will be able to afford academic training will be the fairly well off, in other words, the rich from rich families, NOT regular, hard working people. You think it is possible to juggle one or two jobs while going through university? Because 90% I know who have tried had to drop out of university just so they can continue working in their crappy jobs just to afford living.

This is why they are rebelling. They are more than justified.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I just can't stop laughing.

I always said what goes around comes around, and it is coming around alright hahahahaha

I'm loving every minute of this, and I'm sure Iran is also. Having an excuse to bash the same country which bashed Iran during its own domestic protests, is damn pleasant I'm sure, like they say, revenge is sweet, and this is nothing more than a revenge.

Thoughts/

oz

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

With the obvious difference being that our students have not simply 'dissapeared' into secret prisons.
edit on 15-12-2010 by duality90 because: Wrote in the quoted box

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by dylandalek
These "protesters" are nothing but middle class thugs throwing a tantrum because they can't have what they want, and fear the prospect of actually having to work for a living. In any case, our riot police are not as aggressive as in many other nations, they don't use tear gas or water cannons or rubber bullets, which is arguably a breach of human rights.

Actually it has a lot to do with the UK government upping tuition costs for university by three times the price.

I'm in university and it costs me about $17,000 CAD a year (CAD is the same value as USD now), so I think I can relate because if some asses wanted to force me to pay $55,000 a year for academic training, I would be smashing up the establishment too.

Clearly the only people in Britain (or is this all of UK?) that will be able to afford academic training will be the fairly well off, in other words, the rich from rich families, NOT regular, hard working people. You think it is possible to juggle one or two jobs while going through university? Because 90% I know who have tried had to drop out of university just so they can continue working in their crappy jobs just to afford living.

This is why they are rebelling. They are more than justified.

Just England. Scotland and Wales` governments pay full cost for their students to attend university (for tuition at least, anyways). I can't say what the situation is in NI.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
To sum up what someone said earlier, It's kind of funny. and it might turn into a joke

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The world should be filing complaints against England for wanting to declare the waters around Diego Garcia a British "National Marine Park"....in attempts to block legal claims of alllll the people England illegally took from their island.

The UN Decolonization Committee should also be looking into the Wikileaks Cables released and studying to see if the United States made the Marianas Trench a "national marine park" so the US doesn't have to set Guam free.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ahmad is right on, during a Larry King interview, King kept asking Ahmad why they haven't freed the "hikers" who somehow were dumb enough to be hiking in Iran (probably CIA), and Ahmad asked King why the government doesn't free those falsely imprisoned in the U.S. (he didn't say it but basically was referring to small drug possession). You gotta hand it to Ahmad, whether he's controlled opposition or not, he's anti-zionist and a 9/11 truther, what balls that guy has.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Nope, what it has done, has allowed universities to set their own costs, with a limit of £9000, which would theoretically allow a university to charge this much money for an education.

Clearly the only people in Britain (or is this all of UK?) that will be able to afford academic training will be the fairly well off, in other words, the rich from rich families, NOT regular, hard working people.

But the taxpayer is expected to foot the bill for this, when they are often not very well off themselves? If people are taking degrees in subjects that will provide them with a well paid job, then paying off the loan will not be as hard as the protesters make out, they also forget to mention that the minimum wage you can earn before you start to pay back your loan has also increased. University is a choice, not a right.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Lets do what we can to make Iran happy , lets -

1) stone the protesters to death, dont kettle them in.
2 )If the protesters are gay, hang them from a crane.
3) If the protesters are women, especially in trousers and make up, 60 lashes of the whip, and then stone them.

Im sure that then, Tehran would call the UK brother.

Oh yes, why don't you take an example from something that happened in SUDAN and apply it to IRAN. MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Here you go, something you might not have seen of Iran:

DO YOU SEE THE PANTS AND NO WHIPPING? You really need to read and investigate the things you choose to believe. Do you understand that?
edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Iran is a theological oligarchy, the real power of the government lies not in its people but in the hands of a few clerics, that determine who is and is not acceptable to be in a position of authority. The clerics have, since the late 1970’s been in charge of the country and continue to hold is power over the people there, to determine what is and is not acceptable, setting moral standards. Some of the complaints that come out of Iran are valid and should be taken a look at. More notably, during the Iran/Iraq war, where Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran, a clear cut violation of human rights and against all conventions on warfare, and armed conflict. However, Iran is not without its flaws, nor is any country for that matter. The issue here is that Iran is making a complaint to the UN about violations of Human Rights on the part of the UK. While it may seem ridiculous, and often not worthwhile to mention, like say how the Iranian President keeps stating he wants to wipe the nation of Israel off the face of the earth, committing a bigger genocide than those that have come before. Should Iran complain about such, no, as from all reports and videos, the students did get violent, did attack and do acts of vandalism, this is true and should not be misconstrued with a violation of human rights. Iran should not be making any sort of statements on the way any country handles protests, when it either limits protests, at the governments convenience and what the clerics deem as acceptable, or it will seek to crush and suppress all protests, even those that are peaceful. While Iran may not continue to stone people to death, they often have such as a consideration for crimes that would warrant such. Other notable abuses, such as where women are often threatened or imprisoned for breaking a moral code are well documented. Iran is an Islamic country and will follow a strict set of guidelines. But at the same time, Iran also tends to see its nationals who are no longer living in its borders as still citizens of its country.
Iran has, in the eyes of the world, not cause of the US, but by its own actions, a far worse record for human rights violations than the West, and would do well to ensure that its citizens rights are not violated. The greatest of all, is when there lawfully elected officials and the families of such are threatened, or told not to do something, by the ruling oligarchy, that is far worse crime, than say suppressing a few students who are breaking the law in the eyes of the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Iran is a theological oligarchy, the real power of the government lies not in its people but in the hands of a few clerics, that determine who is and is not acceptable to be in a position of authority.

And we all know the power of the US or Brittain lies not in the peoples hands but in the hands of various corporations and banks. Iran doesn't have a Central Bank that is connected to those in the many countries overrun by said corporations and banks.

The clerics have, since the late 1970’s been in charge of the country and continue to hold is power over the people there, to determine what is and is not acceptable, setting moral standards.

The clerics came into power after Khomeni, who was being sheltered in France after being driven out of Iran, got to share a lot of cassette tapes with a lot of uninformed people inside Iran. The revolution came to be because the Shah was starting to make up an own mind...OPEC.

Some of the complaints that come out of Iran are valid and should be taken a look at.

And the sky is blue and hamburgers can be bought at fast food stores. What's your point?

More notably, during the Iran/Iraq war, where Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran, a clear cut violation of human rights and against all conventions on warfare, and armed conflict.

And who sold Iraq those chemical weapons? Who gave Iraq the green light to invade Iran? Why did Iraq invade Iran? All questions you should ask yourself before typing another letter about Iran.

However, Iran is not without its flaws, nor is any country for that matter.

The sky is blue and hamburgers can be bought at fast food stores. Stating the obvious is really hard huh.

The issue here is that Iran is making a complaint to the UN about violations of Human Rights on the part of the UK.

No. The issue here is the fact that the UK government, clamped down on a student protest in a free, democractic and civilized nation (I guess not). The spreaders of freedom and democracy across the globe suddenly seem to be powerhungry nutcases...that is the issue most of you try to spin. That is the point that Iran is making. Of course, a lot of people don't understand this because a lot of people equals to masses. Enjoy being part of that group.

While it may seem ridiculous, and often not worthwhile to mention, like say how the Iranian President keeps stating he wants to wipe the nation of Israel off the face of the earth, committing a bigger genocide than those that have come before.

Thanks for outing yourself as ignorant, that saves me the trouble of having to do so. I won't repeat for the millionth time why you are wrong, it's up to you to inform yourself correctly or be looked upon as ignorant.

How many million ignorant, red neck white folk have called for Iran to be nuked? Do you see Iran making a big deal out of that? How about the fact that Iran was supposedly part of an "Axis of evil" that was taken over by the MSM?

Should Iran complain about such, no, as from all reports and videos, the students did get violent, did attack and do acts of vandalism, this is true and should not be misconstrued with a violation of human rights

It is not up to you to decide, not because you're not allowed to voice your opinion as the students were shut up, but because you simply do not understand the rethoric. Which makes you a void, talking head.

Iran should not be making any sort of statements on the way any country handles protests, when it either limits protests, at the governments convenience and what the clerics deem as acceptable, or it will seek to crush and suppress all protests, even those that are peaceful.

Sigh. Worthless argument is worthless.

Iran may not continue to stone people to death, they often have such as a consideration for crimes that would warrant such.

Then the US should not continue to electrocute people. Or lock people up for years on end on hemp charges? Then the UK should not bash students over the head...?

Other notable abuses, such as where women are often threatened or imprisoned for breaking a moral code are well documented.

And indeed, so are the wrongdoings of many Western nations due to their insane bureaucracy, and indeed, this will also be shown to the world. Of course ill-treatment of women is WRONG, but where is the difference in forcing women to marry or forcing them into prostitution? Where is the difference in WRONG there? No?

Iran is an Islamic country and will follow a strict set of guidelines. But at the same time, Iran also tends to see its nationals who are no longer living in its borders as still citizens of its country.

Not really. Of course they see these people as citizens of Iran but when these expats have aquired another nationality international law will be followed. Hey, how's that European Arrest Warrant thingy by the way? Read about that yet?

Iran has, in the eyes of the world, not cause of the US, but by its own actions, a far worse record for human rights violations than the West, and would do well to ensure that its citizens rights are not violated.

Blatant lie which will become obvious even to yourself once you inform yourself. BOTH sides commit crimes, and if it were about which side commits most you can be damned sure that it's the West. But you don't understand these things anyways.

The greatest of all, is when there lawfully elected officials and the families of such are threatened, or told not to do something, by the ruling oligarchy, that is far worse crime, than say suppressing a few students who are breaking the law in the eyes of the world.

Because rich powerful people deserve better treatment that students. Way to once again out yourself as ignorant. But hey, at least you tried! (And failed horribly).

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I love this!

What is sauce for the goose and that.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Haha. This is quality!

Bet the BBC wishes it didnt support the Iranian people when they protested now.

Thank ahmadinejad.

And thanks OP, nice find.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The Iranian people are no different to us, we are both under heavy control, its just imo the British govt have kept their cards a bit closer to their chest until recently.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by endlessknowledge

What's wrong with execution?

I would be interested in knowing your ideas regarding how execution is wrong/bad.

Thanks in advance.

This is why Muslims are facing growing hostility in the West. I'm as left as you like but I'm growing tired of you radical religious nuts.

If you believe in execution, go live in a country with backward laws.
edit on 15-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
lol iran taking the uk to the un, please, pot calling the kettle black

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

You mean like the US?

The US executes people and its the US that is the spearhead of democracy and freedom right? So if that is the case, can you explain what's wrong with execution?

And before you get it mixed up, I did not say whether or not I was for or against death penalties. I'm just going by what "the civilized world" is telling me is good by acting it out across the globe.

Catch the drift?
edit on 15-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Then the US should not continue to electrocute people. Or lock people up for years on end on hemp charges? Then the UK should not bash students over the head...?
oh so you are saying that irans stoning laws are the same as a police mans mistake in the uk, no the cop shouldnot have hit the guy over the head but as far as i am aware there is no law stating cops should hit students over the head, IRAN, however, was that sharia law? the more you hide from it the more you fall into the trap that is cultural jihad, its not only bombs you know, watch for them for the ones who havent got the balls to pick up a gun will infest the internet with words

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wildcamper

Exactly. If you want to be taken serious you shouldn't commit the very same crimes as you accuse your enemies of. Beating the crap out of protestors for example.

oh so you are saying that irans stoning laws are the same as a police mans mistake in the uk,

So now it's a mistake. Well, when can we expect this mistake to be corrected then?

no the cop shouldnot have hit the guy over the head but as far as i am aware there is no law stating cops should hit students over the head,

So you have cops, who swear to abide by the law, disregard the law because of some personal 'error of judgement'? And you PAY these people to uphold the law as it is their JOB?

IRAN, however, was that sharia law? the more you hide from it the more you fall into the trap that is cultural jihad

Ah so what you are saying is that Iranian law enforcers act according to the law they promised to uphold? (regardless of what you think of the law)

its not only bombs you know

When did an Iranian bomb something?

watch for them for the ones who havent got the balls to pick up a gun will infest the internet with words

I love this one
What you are implying here is that 1- I am not male, 2- I should pick up a gun instead of using words, 3- me defending my viewpoint and place of birth by offering insight and logic(my opinion) is infesting the internet with words(those terrible, terrible words)

and last but not least

you just outed yourself as one of the more ignorant posters in the thread. 4- You implied being an apologist for...we know which little country ;-)

Where do you people keep coming from? You make me feel so smart, please do continue your baseless ranting!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join