It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
[But in the last 50 years it's the west that has KILLED millions for it's own aims..
Now THAT'S human rights abuse at it's worst IMO...

Expand on this theory please..

Who, what, why, where etc etc etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

If the world wishes to criticise the UK for its actions, all well and good when it is deserved.
But let those who criticise be whiter than white. We all live by double standards.
How can a country that imposes death by lapidation criticise anyone.

Somehow i dont think Iran fits the criteria.
Where there human right's abuses, the world should know and act.
But considering that Iran is one of the world's worst, it should really drop the "holier than thou" atitude.

edit on 15-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

So what you are saying is, that no one should criticize no one

That Iran shouldn't criticize UK, and UK shouldn't criticize Iran?

Once again, let's finish the first topic first, before moving on to "who is the world's worst human right's abuser". Some can even argue it is US and UK, trust me, the argument is very strong, but let's first finish the first discussion and come to a decisive conclusion.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

[But in the last 50 years it's the west that has KILLED millions for it's own aims..

If I need to do that then you really shouldn't be commenting in this thread..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

First WW and Second WW. Apparently it was Westerners murdering Westerners.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I've already anwered that....go to page two and READ the thread.
Thank you.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

I've already anwered that....go to page two and READ the thread.
Thank you.

So you do stand on the thin line of "no one should criticize no one".

Here's an interesting MOVIE IDEA:
"What would the world be like if no one criticized no one"

Trust me, it will hit the BOX OFFICE soon after its production.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't understand what so hard to comprehend about what Andy is saying. Iran is a hypocrite for speaking out about human rights violations when they do a lot worse. To bring WW1 and 2 in to this discussion is a failed attempt at reaching for straws. It also points back to the short-sightedness I was referring to earlier regarding the anti-US and UK crowd.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
I don't understand what so hard to comprehend about what Andy is saying. Iran is a hypocrite for speaking out about human rights violations when they do a lot worse. To bring WW1 and 2 in to this discussion is a failed attempt at reaching for straws. It also points back to the short-sightedness I was referring to earlier regarding the anti-US and UK crowd.

You may be right but does that change the fact of an offence being comitted?
If a murderer points out another murderer do you just ignore it??

That's what I'm saying...
Discuss the accusation, not the accuser...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Here's an interesting MOVIE IDEA:
"What would the world be like if no one criticized no one"

I'm sure it would not be much worse than it is now.

Do you actually think Iran's stance will do any good for human rights?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Anyone

who criticizes US or UK is anti-US, or anti-UK.

Anyone

who criticizes Israel is anti-Semite.

Anyone

who criticizes the West is anti-West.

Anyone

who criticizes Iran is a scholar in Law, Philosophy and History

Sorry, had to pull that one out of my AZZ.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I'm sure it would not be much worse than it is now.

Do you actually think Iran's stance will do any good for human rights?

What would the world be like without anyone criticizing anyone.

Imagine ATS

I don't think you would understand half of the posters without criticism, because they won't be able to improve on their writing.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

No one said that it should be ignored. But Iran blowing hot air through PressTV will do no good for anyone. It's also the epidemy of hypocrisy!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

lol, why do you think people are anti any country or pro any country, human rights abuses does not have a national flag, what people are is anti human rights abuses regardless of who committed them, excusing it by saying well there worse than us does not mean the human rights abuses the U.K. do or anybody else is o.k.

if there is a case then it needs treating in the same way as any other human rights abuse, if there is no case then they will come to that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

No one said that it should be ignored. But Iran blowing hot air through PressTV will do no good for anyone. It's also the epidemy of hypocrisy!

Sorta like Israel complaining about Iran's nuclear program..I get it now..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I shall repeat what i stated earlier in am attempt to clarify my stance in this thread.
This goes out to all those who have found it so hard to comprehend my position towards Iran.

1 - Probably, NO country is free from human right's abuse in one form or another.
2 - That the world is free to criticise said abuses is a given right.
3 - I agree that where there are abuses, the world should know and speak out against them.
4 - What i find hard to swallow is that a country like Iran, who has the death sentance for being gay, adultery and
sex out of marriage starts to scream that the UK is abusing human right's after a tussle betwen police and
protesters.

Everyone is free to criticise a nation for its downfalls and shortcoming's, but when that nation has a huge list of human right's abuses at it's back, it really IS'NT in a postion to talk or criticise.

Every nation is guilty in a small way, and deserves it's condemnation, but this is hypocrisy in its purest form.

As for labelling what went on London as an abuse of human rights is simply stupid.
You want real abuse..go to China, where protesters "disappear", or Burhma.
edit on 15-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Sorry, had to pull that one out of my AZZ.

I'm sure it wont be you last time and I know it wasn't your first.

I criticize the US myself but stay objective enough to see other evils. Wish I could say the same about you. After all, PressTV seems like your favorite source. Need I say more???

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

In other News

Iran blasts Canada over teen's murder

Despite this, Iran’s foreign ministry called in Canadian charge d'affaires Dennis Horak to demand swift action on Ghiasi’s murder and two previous murders, which Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, a government news agency, also dubbed assassinations.

Last month, Iran warned its citizens not to visit Canada because the country is too dangerous.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Sorta like Israel complaining about Iran's nuclear program..I get it now..

Exactly...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Everyone is free to criticise a nation for its downfalls and shortcoming's, but when that nation has a huge list of human right's abuses at it's back, it really IS'NT in a postion to talk or criticise.

Every nation is guilty in a small way, and deserves it's condemnation, but this is hypocrosy in its purest form

The US locks up almost 5% of it's entire male population..Bombs innocent civilians and tortures POW's.
Maylasia has a policy to "automatically" cane any illegal imigrant, male or female...
Saudia Arabia, well we best not talk about them..

Israel in Gaza..Better skip that one also...

To single out Iran who's Human Rights Abuses are actually laws based on their religion where everyone is aware of the penalty before they commit the crime is a JOKE...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I'm sure it wont be you last time and I know it wasn't your first.

I criticize the US myself but stay objective enough to see other evils. Wish I could say the same about you. After all, PressTV seems like your favorite source. Need I say more???

Yeah, certainly won't be the last one, apparently I have a big but, and I cannot lie, all you other brothers can't deny..

Anyways.

You have turned this whole topic to Iran. Why don't you post your Iranian criticism in threads related to Iranian human rights?

Let's bring this thread back to its purest form, I advice those who pursue to divert this thread in to a different location, to be careful, because a MOD will be informed right after this post.

In other Notes, an inspiring boy from UK, regarding the protests:

Here is another surprize

Apparently I'm gonna post something else regarding the OP, which is actually about the OP

Back to topic mode ON.

Dryness off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join