It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

page: 10
18
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 


news.bbc.co.uk...
From a reliable source, the BBC (link above):





Homosexuality is illegal in almost all Muslim countries, and punishable by death in many of them. But gay and human rights groups say Iran's record is particularly shocking, having executed possibly thousands of gay men since the Islamic revolution.

edit on 15/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by endlessknowledge


Deal!!! I don't believe the US has any credibility to speak on human rights violations. How's that? Will you shut up now?

I think the point is that none of these political games are going to bring about any change so don't fall for the tricks and don't be a tool for such evil regimes to spread their propaganda.


OK my mouth is shut.

Hopefully next time you show the same rage towards US for criticizing Iranian Human Rights Violation.

Ta Ta.



If I recall correctly, and I quote "Well I would shut my mouth if you say the same about US".

That was about 5 pages ago, so what happen oozy???

You're as full of caca as your beloved Iranian regime.

Just give it up, YOU FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by oozyism
 


news.bbc.co.uk...
From a reliable source, the BBC (link above):





Homosexuality is illegal in almost all Muslim countries, and punishable by death in many of them. But gay and human rights groups say Iran's record is particularly shocking, having executed possibly thousands of gay men since the Islamic revolution.

edit on 15/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)


You failed to provide even one instance of gays being hanged in Iran.

Evidence suggests you fell for BBC and WashintonCrap propaganda.

They were hanged for rape and molestation of a 13 year old boy, not for being Homosexuals.

Get over it.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 





In a November 2007 meeting with his British counterpart, Iranian member of parliament Mohsen Yahyavi admitted that Iran believes in the death penalty for homosexuality. According to Yahyavi, gays deserve to be tortured, executed, or both.


en.wikipedia.org...

There are lots of examples, sadly you need to know how to use google to find them, and I have better things to do than prove known facts to you Oozy old boy.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by oozyism
 





In a November 2007 meeting with his British counterpart, Iranian member of parliament Mohsen Yahyavi admitted that Iran believes in the death penalty for homosexuality. According to Yahyavi, gays deserve to be tortured, executed, or both.


en.wikipedia.org...

There are lots of examples, sadly you need to know how to use google to find them, and I have better things to do than prove known facts to you Oozy old boy.




Complete failure.

The individual claimed that Gays are hanged in Iran.

I proved you fell for propaganda.

Do you want to continue this? Without any solid evidence to back your claim?



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 


www.hrw.org...




The government reportedly executed the two men for the crime of "lavat." Iran’s shari`a-based penal code defines lavat as penetrative and non-penetrative sexual acts between men. Iranian law punishes all penetrative sexual acts between adult men with the death penalty. Non-penetrative sexual acts between men are punished with lashes until the fourth offense, when they are punished with death. Sexual acts between women, which are defined differently, are punished with lashes until the fourth offense, when they are also punished with death.


Lots of evidence Oozy, you just fail to either a) see it, b) accept it, c) look for it.

Why should I have to prove to you information which is readily available and at your fingertips, just click search!

EDIT: That last link is from Human Rights Watch, how ironic

edit on 15/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by oozyism
 


www.hrw.org...




The government reportedly executed the two men for the crime of "lavat." Iran’s shari`a-based penal code defines lavat as penetrative and non-penetrative sexual acts between men. Iranian law punishes all penetrative sexual acts between adult men with the death penalty. Non-penetrative sexual acts between men are punished with lashes until the fourth offense, when they are punished with death. Sexual acts between women, which are defined differently, are punished with lashes until the fourth offense, when they are also punished with death.


Lots of evidence Oozy, you just fail to either a) see it, b) accept it, c) look for it.

Why should I have to prove to you information which is readily available and at your fingertips, just click search!

EDIT: That last link is from Human Rights Watch, how ironic

edit on 15/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)


Ohh dear.

When did "being hanged for rape" turn to "being hanged for homosexuality"?


Mahmoud Asgari, 16, (Persian: محمود عسگري) and Ayaz Marhoni, 18, (Persian: عياض مرهوني) were Iranian teenagers from the province of Khuzestan who were publicly hanged in Edalat (Justice) Square in Mashhad, northeast Iran, on July 19, 2005. They were executed after being convicted by the court of having raped a 13-year old boy.

en.wikipedia.org...

HRW is not evidence, but a source.
What evidence does HRW have to support their claim, that they were hanged for homosexuality?



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Previous UK Human Rights Abuses:



In the most damning Amnesty report on the UK's human rights record for a generation, the organisation says there is "credible evidence" that the government is implicated in torture, unlawful detentions, rendition, the concealment of victims' complaints and a failure to disclose evidence of torture.

www.guardian.co.uk...



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 

Now you are basing this off of Amnesty international report, which looks at every country and actually reports, combined with the reporting of the UN human rights commission. Funny how they will turn to the UN when it is convenient for them to use to try to stall a permanent member of the security council, I do wonder if there is a commission.
The other question, is have there been changes since the reporting has been brought out by Amnesty international when it comes to the conduct of the UK and its treatment of those deemed to be persons of interest in terrorist activities and or plots, or are they continuing the policies of such. From what has been reported, Iran has not changed its laws or its policies of religious persecution against those who are not Muslims, rather getting more aggressive against differencing faiths in Iran.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 


I'm not basing anything on anything.

I'm just bringing forward previous UK Human Rights Violations.

Why did I bring previous violations? Because some actually believe UK is not capable of violating Human Rights lol..

It is just embarrassing.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Police mull banning all UK protests



Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson referred to the level of violence in recent student protests against the rise in tuition fees, saying that he does not rule out banning all future student protests across the country, the daily Independent reported.


Totalitarianism, here we come.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I am coming late to the thread, but erm...what human rights violations are they talking about exactly?

students protest, police are there
students become aggressive, police of course return the force to keep the line

far as I seen it, this deteriorated into a punchfest equally shared between students and police.

Seven were arrested on charges of common assault, criminal damage or public order offences and the remaining 146 were charged with breaching the peace after they refused officers' orders to disperse.

One police officer was taken to hospital and treated for head injuries after being knocked unconscious when a protester threw a full beer can at him.

A female protester also received head injuries during the protest and was taken to a central London hospital.

Thousands of students clashed with police in London in the third major protest against the fee rises, with children as young as 10 joining the marchers. Further demonstrations took place in Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester and Bristol.

The vast majority took part in peaceful marches, occupations and vigils as MPs debated the potential impact of the changes in Westminster.


Given the fact that there will always be anarchists in angry protests..I would say things were fairly tame overall..

1 injury from both sides when you consider the students were launching moltolv cocktails at the line.

Iran calling foul is a epic joke.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 


"Controlled Conflict"

does the name PAVLOVE ering a bnell? anyone?



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ahahahahaha I never thought I'd see the day I ever agreed with something that mad bastard Ahmadinejad said.

second line- Anarchy in the UK! Anarchy in the USA! Burn down downing street! Burn down wall street!



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz
 



*provocateur* probgably FBI



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


well that was what this thread was attempting to discuss.

1) if the u.k. committed human rights abuses should it be treated the same as any other complaint.

2) what human rights abuses took place, that the u.k. breached.

etc.

however it is impossible, some people just cannot see pass the us against them, iran v u.k. and just end up talking about what iran are accused of. somehow hinting or claiming that because iran does this or that we are not allowed to point out any u.k. potential human rights abuses.

so they obviously want the u.k. to become like iran before we can discuss or point out a breach in human rights.
meaning they are not for human rights, they are simply more bothered about winning a war and being satisfied with any u.k. human rights breaches because it is much worse else where.

which is like saying that we cannot complain or challenge our freedoms being took away, because there are countries who have less than us.

here are two thread titles:

1. Iran takes UK human rights breach to UN

2. U.K. takes Iran human rights breach to UN

guess what the topic is in both?



edit on 15-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Police mull banning all UK protests



Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson referred to the level of violence in recent student protests against the rise in tuition fees, saying that he does not rule out banning all future student protests across the country, the daily Independent reported.


Totalitarianism, here we come.


yeah that is just another step. however most people in this thread will be thinking "but at least we don't stone gay's, so what's the problem?"



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 


Thank you OP.

Star and flag



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11


yeah that is just another step. however most people in this thread will be thinking "but at least we don't stone gay's, so what's the problem?"






They really mix things up don't they.

I have never heard someone get stoned for being gay in my life, but somehow they have heard it so many times that they mix up "stoning adulterers", with "hanging gays", which is both False as evidence suggests. The two teens weren't hanged for being gay, and Ashtani is still not stoned, but she has been convicted for the help she provided regarding her husband's murder. Stoning is removed from the Iranian penal code, DUUUH. It is in Wikipedia, available for everyone to read.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Who is anyone to accuse anyone of inhumanity? What country is without flaw? Let that country throw the proverbial 1st stone.What Iran is doing should be encouraged, as they attempt to become a part of the world community. Isnt that how we can begin camaraderie amongst Nations?
reply to post by oozyism
 



edit on 15-12-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
18
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

log in

join