It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

..'Asylum-seeker boat crashes into cliffs'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

..'Asylum-seeker boat crashes into cliffs'

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

A BOAT carrying around 70 suspected asylum seekers has crashed into cliffs at Christmas Island, with several people feared dead, Sky News says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i will try to see if i can download the video of whats happening. its breaking news here, another asylum boat with 70 aboard has crashed into the rocks on christmas island. the navy couldnt help with this boat as it was helping with another.

background to this story is that when the labor party was elected about 2 years ago, they changed the policy which allows instant access to this country for refugees. since then every day there are more and more boats.

early reports from residents on the island say the men took the life jackets, and the deaths are mainly women and children.

JULIA GILLARD....YOU HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS. STOP THESE DAMN BOATS.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

the navy couldnt help with this boat as it was helping with another.

The navy couldn't help? I call BS.

And I like the smearing of the victims, adding that the men "cowardly took the life vests".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

And I like the smearing of the victims, adding that the men "cowardly took the life vests".

no, not bs.....they were offloading yet another boat load that they had rescued and could not make it in time.

and the last quote was off a live interview from a resident on the scene trying to help rescue the people.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I feel an apology is in order from you. your accusation that i was "smearing the victims" was not true. i quote the following to you which has appeared on the front page of the no 1 selling newspaper in sydney.

"Then the boat crashed into the cliff. There was chaos in the water, there was small children, women. The men seemed to hug the life jackets and it was not a nice sight to see men pushing women away from life jackets, looking after themselves."

and also just a little more background information to this story. these people sail right up to christmas island then they disable the boat so that they HAVE to be rescued. on a previous occasion, a man was seen to "blow up" and boat by igniting the fuel, while women and children were on the boat. sadly, many of these women and children died. there is actual footage available of this incident i speak of. we are seeing more and more women and children on these boats because our STUPID government has now said that families will no longer be detained in detention centres. so the men think that if they bring some women and children they will be allowed straight out.

even though i know that you probably will not apologise.......your apology is accepted!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is a tragedy and one does feel for sorry for those who have suffered.

But why are Australian Officials being made out as the bad guys? Did they tell these asylum seekers to try and get into the country illegally? Everyone is calling for an inquiry and investigation so that they can blame AUSTRALIANS for this fatal crash as though it is all our fault. This is NOT Australia's fault.

PS: I agree, it is disgraceful that so many Men survived and so many Women and Children died. If only those "cowardly" men realised the life of a woman or child is considered more valuable then their own, then we could have seen more dead men and fewer women and child deaths! (Sarcasm)

edit on 16/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: added para

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I wonder if a boat full of Australians which was illegally trying to enter Indonesia crashed, if Indonesian officials would share any responsibility or culpability in the deaths of the Australians. I wonder...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the boat was carrying illegal economic immigrants not asylum seekers..
if the mostly Iraqi and Iranian people where truly seeking asylum they would have stayed in the first country they arrived in when leaving Iraq or Iran...going all they way to Australia proves they more interested in the economic benefits rather than seeking asylum to save there lives...
to call them asylum seekers is just to gain sympathy for people who decided to enter the country illegal rather than go through the proper channels...i have no sympathy for the adults who deiced to risk they children s lives to gain illegal entry into a country...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Had it been an aussie boat, the captain would now be under investigation,looking at a jail term.
Boat people have a crash and its the governments fault?
The only mistake our government has made is not blowing em out of the water before they arrive.
Gillard is a fool,by far the worst prime puppet we have had for a long time,zero policy on anything.
How much are these navy rescues costing the aussie tax payer?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
This is a tragedy and one does feel for sorry for those who have suffered.

But why are Australian Officials being made out as the bad guys? Did they tell these asylum seekers to try and get into the country illegally? Everyone is calling for an inquiry and investigation so that they can blame AUSTRALIANS for this fatal crash as though it is all our fault. This is NOT Australia's fault.

PS: I agree, it is disgraceful that so many Men survived and so many Women and Children died. If only those "cowardly" men realised the life of a woman or child is considered more valuable then their own, then we could have seen more dead men and fewer women and child deaths! (Sarcasm)

edit on 16/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: added para

the reason most australians are very annoyed is that 10 years go we had a very big problem with boat people. john howard was elected and he decided that instead of being brought to australian land, they would go to a pacific island called naru. that meant that if assylum was not granted because they were found to not be true refugees or of very bad character, they could not use our court system against us and keep the appeals going for years costing millions of dollars. the boat arrivals went down to a trickle because they new it wasnt a sure deal just to land here.

then this idiot labor government was elected and the first clown (kevin rudd) changed the law. the boats started to flood in. they are economic refugees.....not fleeing for their live....it cost them over $100,000 us for a family of 4 to travel all the way. then the second clown (julia gillard) stabbed the first clown in the back to take the top job at the circus. and she just let it go on and on. now we boats arriving everyday to the point our navy and customs cannot keep up with them. there are cases of boats arriving on christmas island and ringing the authorities to let them know.

most australians are pissed off....and had an absolute gut full of this going on and paying for it.

top topics

join