It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teaching; a Great Learning Experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I was thinking about this today and thought I'd share it with the stellar minds of ATS.

There have been a couple times in particular where I'd be explaining something to someone, and because I was teaching it, I had to think of the subject in a new way so I could convey it to the listener.

This led to me understanding the subject at hand better myself. It was really cool.

Real life application of ideas helps you get better at it.

I find it all to be extremely intriguing and just overall really damn awesome how it works out like that.

If can, please share your thoughts on the matter.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i thought that you meant teaching as in teachers, as in school. anyway, while i'm here i want to mention that public school teachers should be paid more than doctors and lawyers, not less than gas station attendants. it makes me sick. really goes to show where the priorities truly are in this country.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I agree, and know exactly the feeling that you are talking about. I have a son with learning problems, so I've taken to home school him, there's a whole long essay reason for that, but it ended up, that I started to home school him. And suddenly, everything that I had learned in my life, I was seeing from another perspective.

It's not always easy as well to teach somebody something you already know. Teaching is not as easy as opening a book and following the steps. Our teachers only made it look that way, in fact it's hard work. But the feeling you get when suddenly they understand. It's a mixture, it's a feeling for you, because you learned something by teaching, and then on the other end of the spectrum, pride, not for you, for the one you are teaching. It's amazing, I wouldn't change my decision to teach him myself, for anything.

new topics

join