It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a 33 degree freemason know?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I'm not sure what there is to explain. If you pick out points on a map, you can connect them with lines? And the lines can form shapes?
Yep, you sure can...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1cd6502d9d6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Ok well niceone for a reply.
Are you a Scottish rite Josh?
What I wrote is what someone told me. So what play is it from, can you explain please?
All of the Scottish Rite degrees are performed as plays... When done well, there are costumes for each of the parts, elaborate props, backdrops, lighting, sound, etc. It's a full theatrical experience. And the people who are getting the degrees conferred upon them are usually in the audience. (Sometimes one member from the class is thrown into a costume and put through the role of the candidate in the play to represent the rest of the class, but not always.)
And yes, I'm a member of the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction. Now, it's possible what you quoted was from another jurisdiction, or an older edition of the ritual, but I can say with certainty that what you posted is not practiced in most of the United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

A question about Morals & Dogma: Wiki has this statement without citation:

A copy of Morals and Dogma was given to every new member of the Southern Jurisdiction until 1974, when it was deemed "too advanced to be helpful to the new Scottish Rite member."
en.wikipedia.org...

Is that an accurate statement?

I am not a Scottish Rite Mason, but several of my closest friends and Brothers have gone through the 4-32 degrees. I was invited to what is referred to as a "Ring, Rose and cap ceremony" to recognize the achievements of the Brothers who were recently conferred with the 32* of Masonry. All though the Ring part of that ceremony has been changed to a commemorative coffee mug, because gold rings are expensive these days, a copy of Morals and Dogma was gifted to each of the Brothers being recognized. I'm not sure if all Scottish Rite temples still do this but a copy was handed out at this one.

This gathering was not held behind closed doors in secret, and in fact one half of the people present were not even Masons. There was food and drink, a little more than sweet tea networkdude
, and the whole affair turned out to be a lot of fun.

edit on 17-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: fixed quoted text box

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
One of the secrets revealed is that neither an NWO nor Illuminati exist. Thats quite a lot to digest for most people and sends their worldview and belief-system reeling for several weeks. But when one recovers, one recovers to a better and more knowdgeable self.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by yeahright
I'm not sure what there is to explain. If you pick out points on a map, you can connect them with lines? And the lines can form shapes?
Yep, you sure can...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1cd6502d9d6.jpg[/atsimg]

I haven't looked at the points on a map thing much yet, but to be fair, Josh, on first glance the other map diagrams didn't seem to be using arbitrary points of reference, but rather a thematic theory based on our obviously symbolic-laden government buildings.

It's cool that know that Jesus hasn't abandoned Washington to our demonically inspired gubment officials though.

edit on 17-12-2010 by The GUT because: this n that

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

A question about Morals & Dogma: Wiki has this statement without citation:

A copy of Morals and Dogma was given to every new member of the Southern Jurisdiction until 1974, when it was deemed "too advanced to be helpful to the new Scottish Rite member."
en.wikipedia.org...

I am not a Scottish Rite Mason, but several of my closest friends and Brothers have gone through the 4-32 degrees...
edit on 17-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: fixed quoted text box

Sincere thanks W3RLIED2, but I'm still hoping to get a direct answer to that question as it relates to my search for my own opinion apart from biased materials.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Well, it IS a pretty dense book. Now days they're given a copy of A Bridge to Light by Dr. Rex R. Hutchens. There's a new edition you can buy here if you're interested.

Morals & Dogma was written in 1872. Back then, educated men could read at least 3, if not 5 languages... (ancient Greek, Latin, French, etc...) They were well versed on the classics, as well as philosophy. A lot of the ideas that Pike puts together are his opinion and interpretation of various philosophies, and how they relate to the allegories taught in the Scottish Rite degrees. Most people today don't have that foundation in the classics, and would be easily lost by some of Pike's more obscure references.

Also, many of the degrees have been rewritten two or three times in the last 150 years. So while the philosophy might still be of interest, some specific elements in M&D might not have any relevance to the degrees as they're performed today.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImNotBlinded
reply to post by network dude

I am just saying that they are not what people think they are.

Well based on what you think they are, I think that is a good thing. I can only deny ignorance for so long, then I have to concede that your mind won't change. I don't nor would I ever worship anyone other than God. (Jesus is God) And all the masons I know feel the same way. So the evil ones that you seem to know all about are gonna be pissed when they try to convert us. I'll make a deal with you. I would tell you who you worship, and you don't tell me who I worship, deal?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Originally posted by network dude
they know where the reptilian bases are, and who shot JFK.
They are also immediately changed from human to alien via a DNA swap. It's cutting edge technology.
When they reach the 34th degree they get their vampire teeth.

Who the 'Hell' gave you all those stars...

They also, the Scottish rite, in their tenth degree, have this oath;

"And in failure of this my obligation, I consent to have my body opened, and to be exposed for eight hours in the open air, let the venemous flies eat my entrails, my head to be cut off and put on the highest pinacle of the world, and I will always be ready to inflict the same punishment on those who shall disclose on this degree and break this obligation".

Would you do that to another person?

edit on 17-12-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

have you learned nothing in our discussions? You can't take things that other people "tell" you are true and present them as your facts. It will almost always end up making you look silly. No, that isn't any oath I took. the one I took went like this.

"One day a guy named Bob will come to ATS and chose the name Dr. Cosma, he will tell untruths and seem real confused, I promise to help him understand that telling untruths to slander an organization is a bad idea."

It was scary, but I got through it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sorry off topic post. please delete

edit on 17-12-2010 by Auxili because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

they know where the reptilian bases are, and who shot JFK.
They are also immediately changed from human to alien via a DNA swap. It's cutting edge technology.
When they reach the 34th degree they get their vampire teeth.

Don't forget that is when you learn to properly sacrifice kittens to Satan too!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

network dude, do you astrally project? I'm just kidding and don't expect you to answer that unless you want to.

Only on Sunday mornings in the downstairs rest room. But you are right, I don't need to answer that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

network dude, do you astrally project? I'm just kidding and don't expect you to answer that unless you want to.

Only on Sunday mornings in the downstairs rest room.

Hilarious

But you are right, I don't need to answer that.

Why, is it incriminating? Joke

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I am a low-level 32nd Degree Mason (although, I am Secretary of my lodge and most Masons will tell you that is a rank with which you do not tifle ;D ). However, I do know a number of 33rd Degree Masons and so I will tell you what I think they know:

* A lifetime of devoted service to your fellows will result in increased responsibility and an occasional thanks
* Gracious, self-deprecating humor is generally the best sort
* Courtesy and consideration for the feelings of others are rarely wasted
* Giving is, truly, better than receiving
* When you give the credit for some of your hard work to others, you end up somehow with more credit in the end
* Genuine generosity is always appreciated
* Praise in public lavishly, criticize, if at all, sparingly in private
* Promises are meant to be kept even at some cost
* A life spent with love ones and filled with laughter and friendship is a life well spent

I admit, I'm just guessing based on a small sample of the 33rds that I've had the pleasure of meeting... but this is the best I could do to summarize what I think they know based on my (admittedly limited) interactions with Sovereign Grand Inspectors General of the 33rd and Last Degree of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite. (And now the observant Masons on the site can tell you that I live in one of 13 states.)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

of cos I can.
Just you are talking here, and we are all reading, I mean, what have you shown me in discussions?
Anyway, it was answered, dont worry.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaximumTruth

Originally posted by ImNotBlinded
reply to post by MaximumTruth

Hahahaha... Ok then.. and how do YOU know? Are u a 33 degree mason???? Rofl... Go and watch Zeitgeist or the movie about the Illuminati and tell me if you still feel that way!!

Because of ignorant people those secret DEMONIC societies will prosper.. Not that we could do anything about them anyway but I think it is important of people to be aware of what's really going on.. Jus watch the movie

I am a 33 degree mason.

my feelings are hurt

Ironic, your feelings are hurt

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
rather than wild speculation i recommend study. i would start with reading the freemasons monitor also know as "illustrations of freemasonry" should be available in your local library. tells you all about what freemasonry is and what freemasons do and all the degrees from 1 - 7, and a little about degrees past that. but aside from the first 3 degrees the rest are just extra curricular activities so to speak.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abcddcba
rather than wild speculation i recommend study. i would start with reading the freemasons monitor also know as "illustrations of freemasonry" should be available in your local library. tells you all about what freemasonry is and what Freemasons do and all the degrees from 1 - 7, and a little about degrees past that. but aside from the first 3 degrees the rest are just extra curricular activities so to speak.

Well the first 7 degrees are comparable with kindergarten, you just learn to read and write.
Nothing compared what your learn in the University's.

What goes on in the University changes the world, so using this metaphor i recommend starting from the highest degree.
Because they have the most influence, and need to be understand first. The influence they could have, reaches our daily lives if the conspiracy's are right. And that's not good..

Like this one in Denver

1.bp.blogspot.com... w2Aap5TOI/AAAAAAAAB7U/_3GD1_B56J4/s400/DenverMasonicCapstone.jpg

On the other hand, if sincere interested in Freemasons in general, then its obvious start from the beginning.
edit on 18-12-2010 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
What goes on in the University changes the world, so using this metaphor i recommend starting from the highest degree.
Really? How do you expect to understand Calculus III, Differential Equations, etc. if you've never taken an Algebra class?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
you get closer to god. You learn the history of tyrany and oppression. You learn beginnings of lineage, you learn origins. You learn the greatest gift. How to live for god

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join