It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a 33 degree freemason know?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

you got 3 of them.

but I can't tell you which ones.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Well, one of them... ***cough***martini***cough *** depends on the jurisdiction...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

You must be talking about Shriners
They're the ones with all the secret cocktails.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The all seeing keeping the illussion alive.Protecting at great lengths that which does not exist for the purpose of keeping what is real hidden.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

not you too.

I guess Josh and I will sulk off to the corner and share a pitcher of tea.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socratic Method
What most mislead masons in lower echelons do not know.

And you know this how?

reply to post by Zeptepi

Now you've done it.

reply to post by bluemirage5

So you're one of the select few Masons and of Nordic/Normen stock?!

reply to post by sphinx551

And you're in the Hidden Hand and Illuminati?!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If you really want to know the answer to your question, just ask Phage. He always seems to have the answers to everthing anyway

(Mandatory 2nd):

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Good question, what do they know....not much really, nothing that you couldn't learn from master google or a book store for example. Oh I forgot they know a load of meaningless and useless passwords and to become proficient in needlework....you wanna join

In truth if you find a mason who knows some of the higher esoteric teachings you will usually find he didn't learn it from his connection with the Freemasons but through other groups he may or may not have been invited to join or through a personal journey i.e. off his own back.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

self-initiation rituals??

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It is revealed to them who Lucifer is and why they worship him as god of this world instead of God and His Son, Jesus. To them, Lucifer, is the "light bearer", the "illuminated one" who brought mankind forbidden knowledge.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndianBones
Why would an organized person be above an unorganized person? One just functions quicker or more efficiently because the information is easier to access for them. That dosen't make them more important :]

I guess I meant organized as a group. No one person is inherently all that much better or more important than another, but any time you get more than one person moving in the same direction with the same purpose, they are going to be much more powerful than an individual. And overall, an individual with access to or some control over a group of people is going to be more powerful than one who is alone.

Not to say that there aren't individuals who can do incredible things. Lee Harvey Oswald, for instance. But generally, for non-violent change and mutual benefit, you can't beat organizations. Whether they're churches, cults, unions, families, tribes, secret societies, or whatever.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Please do some research. Specifically who Lucifer was versus Satan.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It is revealed to them who Lucifer is and why they worship him as god of this world instead of God and His Son, Jesus. To them, Lucifer, is the "light bearer", the "illuminated one" who brought mankind forbidden knowledge.

Yeah, well, there's that, too, although I wouldn't exactly call it "worship." More like "acknowledgment."

But that makes it sound evil, because the concept of Lucifer has been given a pretty bad rap over the centuries. It's only evil if you believe that knowledge, knowing stuff, is a bad thing. For instance, one of the biggest bits of knowledge humans know is that we're all eventually going to die. Animals don't understand this, but we do. Now, is knowledge of our own mortality a good thing, or a bad thing? Depends how you look at it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

OMG here we go...

There is no such entity as Lucifer.

It was a mistranslation by St. Jerome in the 4th Century in a passage of scripture ridiculing the King of Babylon.

Secondly, 33rd degree is an honorary degree given to men who've served a lifetime to Freemasonry (Scottish Rite).

It's like giving Bill Clinton an honorable PhD when he gives a graduation speech. It doesn't add to what they are, it recognizes what they've been.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

THEY who?

Masons?

Respectfully you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Apparently as you ascend in rank in masonry new information is divulged to the member. What kind of information, what does it consist of and what does a 33 degree mason know? How much has been leaked?

Masonry doesn't have "rank".

In Freemasonry there are three degrees (Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft and Master Mason).

Master Mason is the highest degree attainable by a Freemason.

All Master Masons are equal to all others. None of us has any rank or authority over brothers or the lodge. CAVEAT: For one year a Master Mason leads a local lodge as Worshipful Master which is a chairman of the board type thing, paying bills, etc. but he is no higher or lower than any other Master Mason.

-----

When a Master Mason has made it to the third degree he has received all of the secrets of Freemasonry. He then has the option to pursue other degrees in other bodies (York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shrine). These are optional and not required.

He may choose to join York Rite and go through "appendant" or "side degrees" and orders leading up to the Order of the Temple (Knight Templar). These orders and degrees don't make him any higher in rank over another Mason.

They are all "electives" that are for his own spiritual journey, not "more rank"

He may decide to join the Scottish Rite and become a 32nd Degree Mason over the course of a weekend for about $150.

It's my understanding that Scottish Rite weekends typically consist of a couple of dinners, lunch, breakfast starting on a Friday night and ending Sunday morning where a few of the selected 'degrees' (4th, 9th, 14th, 32nd... varies) are presented as theatrical dramas on a stage.

A 32nd degree mason has not necessarily gone through 32 individual degrees, he has just received the 32nd.

Then after a lifetime of service he may be nominated by the Scottish Rite (don't know the terminology.. not a Scottish Rite Mason) and get to go to Washington DC and receive the 33rd as a reward for service to the community.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I guess I meant organized as a group. No one person is inherently all that much better or more important than another, but any time you get more than one person moving in the same direction with the same purpose, they are going to be much more powerful than an individual. And overall, an individual with access to or some control over a group of people is going to be more powerful than one who is alone.

Not to say that there aren't individuals who can do incredible things. Lee Harvey Oswald, for instance. But generally, for non-violent change and mutual benefit, you can't beat organizations. Whether they're churches, cults, unions, families, tribes, secret societies, or whatever.

Agreed, sorry for being a nitpick lol.

Originally posted by emsed1

OMG here we go...

There is no such entity as Lucifer.

It was a mistranslation by St. Jerome in the 4th Century in a passage of scripture ridiculing the King of Babylon.

Secondly, 33rd degree is an honorary degree given to men who've served a lifetime to Freemasonry (Scottish Rite).

It's like giving Bill Clinton an honorable PhD when he gives a graduation speech. It doesn't add to what they are, it recognizes what they've been.

I agree with you also, but that dosen't mean Satan couldn't use Lucifer as an alias to promote his teachings.

"And no marvel, for Satan himself is being transfigured into a messenger of light. It is no great thing, then, if his servants also are being transfigured as dispensers of righteousness -- whose consummation shall be according to their acts."
- 2 Corinthians 11:14-15

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

APPARENTLY...FFS... PLEASE, DOES THIS MEAN YOUR NOT SURE OR YOU HEARD SOMEONE ELSE SAY IT,NOBODY KNOWS THAT IS YOUR ANSWER

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What does a 33 degree freemason know? Probably a lot, but not much of it will be due to his 33 degree designation.

It's a Scottish Rite thing. That rite isn't even officially recognized by the Grand Lodge of England, I believe. The Scottish Rite is an appendant body which has its origins in South Carolina about 200 years ago.

After you hit 32nd degree, you're eligible to be appointed, awarded (whatever) the 33rd degree as an honorific title bestowed upon Masons who have made valuable contributions to society, or Masonry, or both. It's sort of like a Friar's roast only Jeffrey Ross won't be there.

No, I'm not a Mason. The only ones who KNOW what a 33 degree Mason knows are 33 degree Masons, and who here would believe them if they told you? Vicious circle, ain't it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

That vicious circle doesn't apply to only 33* Brothers... obviously.

Doesn't really matter what any of us say. We're still all baby eating Luciferians to most of ATS. I've made peace with that. Just irks me that while people make a decent attempt at denying ignorance on most other subjects here, i.e. Blossom Good child for example... people eat that up.

But try to tell some one you're not a Satan worshiping evil Mason bent on world domination, well look around.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join