It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a 33 degree freemason know?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Here is one of my favorite quotes:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming……Wow! What a ride!!!”

reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

It's your right to not like secrets, but as a civil organization we have the right to privacy and you have to respect our privacy. You cannot force our group to do anything in your transparency crusade.

reply to post by Masonic Light

This fall I'll be going through the Scottish Rite degrees. It's one body though I plan on being just a member...for now. I'm focusing more on York Rite and Grand Lodge.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't know about "skidding in" when I die.

I always wanted to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandpa; not screaming like the other passengers in his car.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

In response to the OP of this thread, "What does a 33 degree Freemason know"? I am fairly new here and have only recently read the "Anti Masons please read this" thread, in this discussion a Brother by the name of Appak displays what a 33 "knows". He uses humor to lighten the mood as he gives tactful replies that inform based on his knowledge and experience all the while he is tolerant of other points of view and beliefs, and offers disputes based on facts with being dismissive of the other. In my opinion his posts exemplify the qualities that Freemasons admire such that they would confer the honor of the 33 degree upon a Brother.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

He was an amazing man. Sadly he passed last year. A look back at his posts and threads will give a bit of insight as to who he was. He tried to be a friend to all. He is missed.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Oh, I'm sorry to read of his passing, I had hoped to converse with him. I really enjoyed reading his posts and will try to read other threads that he participated in.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It is my belief that a 33rd degrees mason is less than a position of power, and more so a position of trust; i guess what i'm saying is you do not have to be in a powerful position to be considered as a 33rd degree member... they also don't have to contact you in person; they have more advanced ways of doing so...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eclipz11
they also don't have to contact you in person; they have more advanced ways of doing so...

telepathy? I knew those guys were up to something.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

take a look at this thread to see some idea of who Appak was.

It was his farewell thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It is my belief that a 33rd degrees mason is less than a position of power, and more so a position of trust; i guess what i'm saying is you do not have to be in a powerful position to be considered as a 33rd degree member... they also don't have to contact you in person; they have more advanced ways of doing so...

When one is nominated for the 33°, he receives a letter from the Supreme Council informing him of such. The same is true of the decoration of Knight Commander of the Court Honour.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

so no Jedi mind communication? I am so disappointed.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The 33rd degree is an award given only to Masons who have spent a lifetime of service to the Masonic fraternity and to charity.

All the 33rds I know are in their 80s and they are probably the kindest and gentlest men I've ever met.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That is easy , in 33º you will be the knight commander or the sublime prince of the loyal secret , it means that you will learn the secret of the loyal lineage and will command all masons in every structure of the society , specially in Justice and developing changing laws. Simply that you have to be the wisest man there , and you will make all the decisions of the current masonic society that haves a high influence in todays society.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pla123
That is easy , in 33º you will be the knight commander or the sublime prince of the loyal secret , it means that you will learn the secret of the loyal lineage and will command all masons in every structure of the society , specially in Justice and developing changing laws. Simply that you have to be the wisest man there , and you will make all the decisions of the current masonic society that haves a high influence in todays society.
Actually, the 32nd degree is Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret. You can read the secret itself here. It's quite profound, but has nothing to do with lineage whatsoever.

Knight Commander of the Court of Honor is an honor that can be bestowed upon worthy 32° members of the Scottish Rite.

The 33rd degree is Inspector General.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pla123

As Josh pointed out, you're mixing the names of the degrees up.

I also think you mean "royal" not "loyal".

The Scottish Rite only has authority over the Scottish Rite. The other bodies have their own leadership, duly elected.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Finally! Most are utterly ignorant and are told a conglomoration of so many ancient cultural belifes and mythos that they are unable to distinguish truth from fact.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Not NEARLY as much as you think.

My best friend is a 32nd degree. He got that far from nothing in a year. (one day classes) He knows absolutely NOTHING. lol

The Masons aren't really anything anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

We still have our charities.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

Just to put that in perspective, yes you can do a 1 day class or a two day class to go from 4to 32nd. And in reality, a new 32nd doesn't know much more if any than a 3rd degree master mason. But once he is a 32nd degree mason, he can attend the regular Scottish Rite reunions and continue to absorb more information over the years and learn what is meant to be taught. I agree that they system is flawed, but who cares about tiles, it'a all bout expanding your mind. I just hope your friend stays active. that's how you learn.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There is no 33rd degree "mason", there is only 3 degrees.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Oh he'll stick around. He absolutely loves it. He's been in the military since he was 17 and he kinda needs an organization to belong to. I think the Masons are a good idea for any returning Vet really.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join