It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical weapons issued to Iraqi troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The news is reporting that intelligence sources are saying the Irqi troops are being issued some chemical munitions, although the number is not known.

How can that be? Hussein says he has none and most here indicate he is more reliable than Bush.

Also, it seems this man of honor, Hussein, is moving command centers to schools and hospitals. Never mind that is illegal, it really shows what is thoughts are of "his" people.

Comments, attempted defense of the great one?

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This all just shows you how insane he is and how much of a liar he is. His time in power has run out. Right now Blair is in a tough political situation but the minute they find Sad'am's WMD or is he starts using them against us, then he will look like a hero.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Do you have any links to this?

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The news is reporting that intelligence sources are saying the ...

Yes, Thomas, and three weeks ago the President was talking about an active Iraqi nuclear weapons program...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here's a link:

www.cnn.com...

There's no doubt in my mind that Saddam still has these chemical weapons. I don't remember hearing anything 3 weeks ago about a nuclear program. I'll post in a couple of days to say "I told you so".

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Here's a link:

I don't remember hearing anything 3 weeks ago about a nuclear program.

You missed Jan 27 state of the union

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
His nuclear weapons program is no secret. How "active" it could be the last few months is certainly up to debate.

Speaking of speeches, what did you guys think of tonight's speech by the Shrub? I give it a 6, maybe 6.5, but that's the most.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It was Jan 28, is this what you're speaking of? :

The International Atomic Energy Agency confirmed in the 1990s that Saddam Hussein had an advanced nuclear weapons development program, had a design for a nuclear weapon and was working on five different methods of enriching uranium for a bomb. The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production. Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities. He clearly has much to hide.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Really TC? I must be really biased because I thought it was pretty well delivered. I'd say 8.5 or 9, but it was pretty short and to the point.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There was really nothing new, and it turned into a sermon at the end. Being Southern Baptist, I almost fell asleep.

He could have made it short and sweet: "Hussein, you and your sons and friends don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. As a matter of fact, you can't go home. You have 48 hours to go into hiding or we're gonna kill you.
Iraqi soldiers, I highlu suggest you do as the Iraqi platoon tried to do last week - surrender. Do it as they attempted to do, just wait until we officially come over to kick your butt. And, by the way, no surrendering to reporters this time. That was an embarassment to the military profession."

How would that be? Short, sweet, yet to the point?

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Is it possible to adapt Chemical Weapons to Machine Guns or Mortars? That wouldn't be good.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
It was Jan 28, is this what you're speaking of? :

The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production.

Exactly. These are lies.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh. These are lies. Obviously, s they weren't extracted from some radical anti-American paper, huh?

Barb, the munitions are probably artillary rounds. I hope the soldiers don't use them. The allied troops will be in MOPP gear and unaffected, but it'll piss them off to the point where the poor Iraqi slobs will be slaughtered.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Is it possible to adapt Chemical Weapons to Machine Guns or Mortars? That wouldn't be good. Pasted by Barba007

Dont know about adapting gas weapons to machine guns, although the Israelis have tried. They did make some 7.62mm rounds with small CS fillers for penetrating barricades, and they likely tried it with more deadly toxins as well, but have no idea how effective they were.

As far as mortars, yes, mortars, grenades, grenade launchers, and shoulder fired rockets have all been adapted to chemical weapon use. However, just because these are technically possible, I don't know of many if any militaries (with the possible exception of the Russians) who have exploited this extensively. It would be highly unpopular with the forces deploying such weapons, as they are relatively short range, and therefore pose the same danger to those using the weapons as to the enemy.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I heard on talk radio today that for those journalists still in Bahgdad, they will likely become unwitting "human shields"... It seems when they arrived, all cell phones and satelite phones were put in the Ministry of Information, with instructions that all calls made by journalists had to be made there at the ministry, and would be monitored.

Today, the Iraqis reiterated that any journalists who stayed on for the war would have to post their stories at the Ministry, which just happens to be a prime target, as it also houses the Iraqi air defense HQ....

Gee, what nice guys the Iraqis are....

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If he is handing out chemicals to his troops then our military doesn't have hard proof of this yet.

If we knew this for sure then the war would have started already.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Still, with all of the evidence of how badly Sodamn Insane has been *not* complying with UN resolutions, he still has the gall to call America "The Great Satan"...

If he thinks America is *that* bad, it makes one wonder how he would classify the actions he takes himself?...

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
If he thinks America is *that* bad, it makes one wonder how he would classify the actions he takes himself?...

What actions do you mean exactly .. what actions is he taking ? or was he taking in the last years ?

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
At least for content.

I'll give it a whopping 8 for cahones, and committing political suicide.

And I'll give it a good 7 for being brief (hey, at least it didn't last an hour like the last one...)

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What is in fact a "chemical weapon". I think we should be very carefull in using this term as many people feel that a "chemical weapon" is what I would in principle call a "Chemical WMD". If Saddam is issuing his troops with such chemical warfare gasses such as CS(a tear gas, which Saddam probably also has), which are not chemical WMDs. So if Saddam is issuing his guys with CS, he's definitely not the bad guy for doing that. Why? Well, for one thing G.W. will describe his boys as carrying around Non-lethal weapons in the form of tear gas as well, and no-one is going to speak badly about that right?

I reckon that as soon as Iraqis use CS they're going to get nuked and when G.W. 's boys use them they will be applauded. Well screw that!

new topics

top topics

join