It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So I was just reading a thread about a Japanese web cam that captured ufo's and explosions behind a mountain. The third post down embedded the video, I watched all 16 minutes of it went to give the post a star and the thread was 404ed. It was interesting, something seemed to be going on and I was looking forward to peoples thoughts on it. Only two people had posted in it so I have no clue how many actually got to see it. Does anyone know what happened?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i 2nd tht

www.youtube.com...

here is the video, dont know how to embed, but i managed to save the video on to my PC, incase the youtube video mysteriously disappears as well
edit on 14-12-2010 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
yea...
got the 404 what happened??
must have been top secret lol

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm assuming the stationary dots are stars but periodically through the video you clearly see things flying up and some sideways and I guess the flashes were explosions, I don't know. Strange the thread just disappeared though.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i found those cloud formation very odd and out of place,
and how often do threads get a 404 error? ive only seen it once before, but tht was a forum wide break down. If the user deleted it himself, would tht be the reason?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

you cant delete a thread yourself..had to be a mod
the OP should have gotten U2 with explanation..who was the author i cant remember

edit on 14-12-2010 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Could a mod please reply as to the status of the missing thread?

And cant remember the posters name

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I seen that thread and also know the video of that was posted in another thread so maybe that`s why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It turned out to be stars I believe appearing in the video.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker

I was going to ask if anyone remembered who it was, I can't either. I believe they just registered today but don't quote me on that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern

Originally posted by WiseThinker

I was going to ask if anyone remembered who it was, I can't either. I believe they just registered today but don't quote me on that.

Lots of new members are circumventing the 20 post rule by posting new topics in the introductions forum. It could be that the tollerance level for that type of thing has reached its limit. I'm just guessing though....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
I seen that thread and also know the video of that was posted in another thread so maybe that`s why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It turned out to be stars I believe appearing in the video.

There are what looks to be stars in the video and that's what I think they are. But there are objects clearly moving around throughout the video, there's a link a few posts up.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Hmm that makes sense, I didn't bother to look what forum it was posted in.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It was deleted because it was posted in the Breaking News forum when it wasn't breaking news. It was a YouTube video posted by a Nazi who censors comments on their YouTube channel, and also is a nut job who wont believe anything except that they are aliens.

It was time lapse images of stars and planets near a volcano. Now and then you see meteors passing. Also, there were small clouds being created and destroyed in the area because of the high altitude and pressure changes (which are normal), and are moving around by wind. There were no explosions either, just odd reflections of light. This is not the first time it has happened and is not the last because it is completely normal, and they are not UFOs.

The poster of the video doesn't know what they are talking about, and nothing about it is out of the ordinary. It's just another armchair UFO hunter using bad quality webcams with lossy compression hundreds of miles from their location which sets them up for deception because they are not there to see it with their own eyes. The time lapse also fools many people and creates many anomalies.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I'm not saying you're wrong cause I really don't know but if it's time lapse why is that at roughly 1:30 you see something shooting upwards. If it was time lapse wouldn't the stars appear to move as well, even just a little, they seem to remain in the same position.

Edit: Just so I know we're talking about the same video. www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-12-2010 by bigern because: added video

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I'm not saying you're wrong cause I really don't know but if it's time lapse why is that at roughly 1:30 you see something shooting upwards.

What makes you think it is shooting upwards? Deception.

Objects moving towards an observer appear to move upwards. Objects moving away from an observer appear to move downwards. They are laws of perspective. The object you see moving "upwards" could very easily be moving downwards, however the camera's perspective makes it appear to move upwards. Because you and the video creator are not there to witness it in person, in 3D, you are forced to watch a 2D representation of the object which could easily fool you.

The object could easily be a meteor, or even a very small cloud, or even a satellite, moving slightly towards the camera creating the illusion is it flying upwards.

If it was time lapse wouldn't the stars appear to move as well, even just a little, they seem to remain in the same position.

The stars do appear to move. However, it's a slow time lapse. Probably an image every 10 seconds.

If you let the video load fully, and then you slide the time slider side to side, you can see all the stars and planets moving together in the same direction and the same speed. It happens to match the exact path that stars and planets would travel in that location because of the rotation of Earth. Actually, because the stars and planets ARE moving, this makes some of them appear to blink in and out. This happens because they are changing position and the compression algorithm is having trouble displaying them when they are positioned between pixels. The sky then bleeds over the stars making them appear to disappear. Also the scintillation of the stars makes the effect worse.

The same video creator has other videos of the same thing, and they actually zoom into Venus or Jupiter and call it a UFO. I am 100% positive if you find the exact date and time you can even identify the constellations that are in view. I was thinking about taking a few minutes of time to do that later.

Edit: Just so I know we're talking about the same video. www.youtube.com...

Yes, that is the video I am talking about. You can see the stars moving. They are not appearing and disappearing, that is caused by the lossy compression and scintillation. There are no explosions, just reflections of light on the lens.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well you've given me something to think about, thanks for the explanation, like I said I just don't know. I rarely get excited over supposed ufo video's anymore and really wasn't excited about this one I was more curious of the other thread being 404'd. Truth be told I wouldn't have even commented in the other thread, was going to star the post and move on.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here is a GIF animation I put together so you can see the stars moving:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76ef682effcc.gif[/atsimg]

The video creator claims the stars are "disappearing and reappearing" when in reality they are NOT. He is being fooled by the crappy quality of the video, and scintillation of the stars, and because he is not there in person.

One of the only topics I wrote on ATS was about people using webcams to find UFOs, and why it's not a good idea to do it. This topic is a very good example.... people are fooled all the time by them because they don't understand what they are looking at, and can't confirm it with their eyes.
edit on 14-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Very cool, yeah I just couldn't see the stars moving in the video, they clearly move in your gif, very nice work, well done. I've learned something today, thank you.

top topics

join