It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3d TV and the Mind Numbing Affects!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Text Green

I took my kids to the Movie yesterday and saw Narnia The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D...

I have been thinking for a while that this 3d television phenomenon won't last it will be like laser disc, people won't spend the money on the glasses and special set top boxes and new t.v.s but then again if someone is deliberately trying to have all of us watch movies, TV, play games etc in 3d for some other more diabolical reason then eventually we all will have it... The glasses will come free the TV's will be standard etc.

Back to the Movie... There was absolutely no reason for this movie to be in 3D there wasn't anything special about it the 3D only showed the depth of the characters I never really saw anything coming off the screen and the best thing they could have shown they didn't so why did i wear those glasses for 2 hours and why if i take them off everything is blurry and nasty? WHY IS YOGI BEAR going to be in 3D? It's about time Yogi got his big screen debut but there isn't anything about YOGI BEAR that i need to see in 3D....

Somehow TPTB are trying to get in our heads or just make our brains mush...

Does this have anything to do with the Pineal Gland?

I believe an awakening is upon us and i think it is natural for our brains to give us some extraordinary powers if we open our minds to it is this the reason the 3D MOVIES GAMES and TV are bearing down on us?

Why would anyone want to wear those glasses for all their programing in this day of HD TV and high resolution i think i would have just seen better more colorful and more enhanced pictures in the movie previously mentioned.

I think something bad is happening all around us all the time and these TV's are a part of it.. Getting lost in your TV and Games like it was the MATRIX?

I used to get excited about all new tech that came out but this this just scares me... Maybe the rest of it is doing the same thing to us but when i have to start putting on glasses to watch a movie so my brain thinks im seeing something from the blur of the video then me thinks its time to TAKE OFF the GLASSES.....

I hope im posted in the right area...

And can anyone tell me how to embedd that photo so its right there in my post without having to click on it?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's not a sinister plan. Everything is in 3D now because of file sharing. With citizens able to download and spread movies via the computer, movie studios needed a way to keep people going to the theatres.

Thus 3D. Charge more for tickets and give people a product they can't quite get for free off the computer. It's not some evil plot it's just a way to keep the money flowing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

They have to charge more, as the 3-D effect is produced by playing 2 roles of film at the same time. I knew a couple of guys who worked at a cinema, those rolls of film are amazingly expensive- one of them estimated them to be in the 100's of thousands, but don't quote me on that figure- just his rough estimation. Cinemas mainly rely on beverages and the likes for a large amount of their profit anyway, they make very little on films, hence the crazy prices on popcorn, etc.

Gotta agree with regards the over excessive 3-D films, though. A lot of pointless new films coming out that will benefit very little from it. I heard on Bloomberg TV that they're selling a lot less 3-D TV's than they originally thought, so perhaps people are realising they don't want to have to wear cheap spec's to watch "Dancing with the stars", or whatever rubbish people watch.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've been to the 3D movies I love them. I think they add a new depth, pun intended. I saw avatar, Tangled and Alice in WOnderland in 3D and, it was just an added bonus not needed but cool. I think my intelligence has stayed the same. Its just a new thing people want to feel like its real life. I'm waiting for the day virtual life movies come out.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
True the theatres make the money off of the food stand but the studios make it off of ticket sales. The mark up for tickets is huge.

But mainly the reason for 3D movies is because 2D movies are pirated and the studios are not able to draw as large of crowds for 2D movies.

Movies for the most part suck anyways. They are too predictable. Save your money and watch the world burn. It's much more entertaining.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
It's not a sinister plan. Everything is in 3D now because of file sharing. With citizens able to download and spread movies via the computer, movie studios needed a way to keep people going to the theatres.

Thus 3D. Charge more for tickets and give people a product they can't quite get for free off the computer. It's not some evil plot it's just a way to keep the money flowing.

Part of the reason people can bootleg these movies is because the sample movie sent out for review is stolen and copied or just copied and spread I know people who get bootlegged movies and they have given me a copy i just throw them away I'm not interested in seeing something that's not finished doesn't have the digital sound or is made from a video camera in a theatre and i believe if i want to watch a movie the people who did the work should get paid... ROYALTIES that is because i go to very few movies...

And really you don't believe that everything that has been made in the past has had a way of being pirated so the future of 3d pirates is going to continue... They have 3d computers too so its just a matter of time... So prevention i think is not the reason for these 3d Movies...

If there isn't a sinister plot than its a lack of imagination and just rubbish they are putting out with a picinic basket flying towards the crowd whooo wheee!

I think we all have the capability of using more of our brains but they are afraid we will awake and REVOLT so the more we watch the more our brains remain mush...

new topics

top topics

join