It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked EPA Document Shows It Knowingly Allowed Pesticide that Kills Honey Bees

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe slightly off topic...I recently watched a TV commercial for some drug (stop smoking or sleep medication). When they finally got to the warnings I noticed that, again...they had changed. Years ago, the possible reactions were the normal...ache, etc. Then they added "suicidal thoughts". Then they changed that to "suicidal thoughts or actions". And now they have added "aggressive behavior", or some wording with the same meaning.

While we are seeing "leaked" information about a lot of things...these medication commercials are right in our faces. And they keep changing the possible side-effects. That, to me, means that when they release these drugs...they have no idea what they may actually do. Here we are a few years later and the one I mention went from minor side effects to "suicidal thoughts or actions" (umm...killing yourself?) and "aggressive behavior" (umm...killing someone else?). What the hell is this side-effect list going to look like in five years...or ten years...or for our children's children? Obviously...no one knows.

Now...I understand a drug that is a "last hope" for someone suffering is a different story in that the possible side-effects may be minor compared to the aid the drug provides. But these are drugs for stopping smoking and sleeping...with pretty butterflies floating above the bed...smiling sleepers, etc. We have become drugged guinea-pigs of the drug companies and the doctors that "push" their product for profit. They are even starting (and I have a long story about myself supporting this) to push high blood pressure medication for EVERYONE! Many "doctors" don't even try to suggest (or prescribe) diet and exercise. No profit there. Hell...they don't even understand how aspartame (Nutra-Sweet) is affecting/hurting people (another personal story about a friend).

The entire "chemical" business is so corrupt and evil. Profiting from illness, contaminating our food and water, no real interest in cures that would hurt their bottom-line, etc., etc. And the FDA, apparently, is no better...profiting from the "hoops" the drug companies have to leap through (and pay through) to get passed, and STILL not know exactly what the drug will do to a person down the line.

The bees may only be the beginning. I wouldn't be too surprised if the human race kills itself with a drug, or drugs, that cause some horrible effect a generation or two out. What about the whales and dolphins beaching themselves...and who, or what, is next? Maybe one day...it will be us. Or maybe it already is.

I guess I'm just getting bitter or jaded in my increasing age, but I'd almost rather have someone push pot on my child than a "doctor" pushing drugs that they don't understand...for profit...and with the backing of schools and "child services" if you don't submit. Scary stuff!
edit on 12/15/2010 by WeAreAWAKE because: Bad English

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Why would anybody need/want to kill off honeybees?

Do they not think "Hey, if we kill all the honey bees, then we get no more honey.."?

A for one, appreciate the honey bees. Honey is used in medicine, and also tons of differant food products alot of people love.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

They are even starting (and I have a long story about myself supporting this) to push high blood pressure medication for EVERYONE! Many "doctors" don't even try to suggest (or prescribe) diet and exercise. No profit there.

Yes i also have personal experience with this problem. I had to buy myself a blood pressure machine to prove that my blood pressure was rising because of the stress of going to the ignorant doctor.
I asked a doctor what was in a flu vaccination and she couldn't tell me, I said to her it wasn't very responsible to inject people with stuff when she didn't even know what it contained. No response.

I guess I'm just getting bitter or jaded in my increasing age, but I'd almost rather have someone push pot on my child than a "doctor" pushing drugs that they don't understand...for profit...and with the backing of schools and "child services" if you don't submit. Scary stuff!

You know what i'm starting to feel that way too.

The suicidal tendancies and aggressive behaviour from presciption drugs is a big problem. There are a lot of people doing wierd things these days, i'm sure a lot of it is caused by drugs they get from thier doctor.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reminds me of the lady gaga video for "telephone" with beyonce in which they poison the diners (populace) with tainted honey. - beyonce calls gaga "honey bee" and gaga is seen eating a honey bun, which she takes a bite of and then discards, out of the jeep's window.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I 100% agree with that statement. If you take a look at other posts I made there are facts that lead to the depopulation conspiracy.

-S.510: Food Safety Modernization Act
-The Flu vaccine
-H1N1 vaccine miss carages
-GMO's
-Suicidal tendancies and aggression from presciption drugs

There are too many to list. The world is going to hell in a hand basket and we're just along for the ride. Unless something major happens to disrupt their plans.
edit on 15-12-2010 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthewbe

But more importantly. They pollenate the plants of the worls allowing the prolification of vegitation. If they all die....we all die.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The EPA is comprised of a bunch of cryptofascist idiots.

They banned a safe and effective pesticide - DDT, and the ban resulted in widespread malaria, but gave a thumbs up to the crap that kills honeybees?

Wow. I wonder if these highly paid bureaucratic lumps of fecal material could carry out even more stupid and evil actions.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruedank

Because, they could fairly easily pollinate enough crops manually to keep the elite alive. All they need to do, now that technology has gotten them to the point that they don't need a bunch of people to live the way they want, is to kill off a bunch of people.

We are technologically advanced enough to survive even if the planet dies, so long as we have energy. Isolated pockets could be created that will sustain life even in the most adverse conditions, because of technology.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This actually pisses me off alot.
Those fudging bastards!
DThey really don't give a crap about anything or anybody than themselfs.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

What with all the crap in our world, it's usually impossible to identify a single contaminant with a single effect - most everything's multifactorial. ...Medicine used to rely on epidemiology, which responded effectively to probabilities but now, it's all legal, and nothing happens without absolutes.

Thought I'd check and see what Canada's doing, what with all the harmonization that's going on. ...Yep, in line with the EPA.

Health Canada amended it's regulations to allow the use of Clothianidin in 2004, with a maximum residue limit of 0.01ppm.

Last month, the limits were RAISED to 1.5 for potato flakes and potato granules, 0.6 for potato chips and 0.3 for potatoes.

From Health Canada, November 16, 2010
Proposed Maximum Residue Limit PMRL2010-54 Clothianidin

Under the authority of the Pest Control Products Act, Health Canada's Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) has concluded that the addition of a new use on potatoes to the product label of Titan ST Insecticide, containing technical grade clothianidin, is acceptable. The specific use approved in Canada is detailed on the label of Titan ST Insecticide, Pest Control Products Act Registration Number 27449.

The evaluation of this clothianidin application indicated that the end-use product has merit and value and that the human health and environmental risks associated with the new use are acceptable.

The proposed MRLs for clothianidin in Canada in or on food, to be added to the MRLs already legally established, are as follows.
1.5 Potato flakes, potato granules
0.6 Potato chips
0.3 Potatoes

This bit's quite revealing:

International Situation and Trade Implications

The proposed MRLs for clothianidin in Canada are the same as corresponding tolerances established in the United States (tolerances are listed in the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations, 40 CFR Part 180, by pesticide). Currently, Codex Alimentarius MRLs2 have not been established for clothianidin on any commodity. A listing of all established Codex MRLs is available on the Codex Alimentarius Pesticide Residues in Food website.

Also, found this article from 1997:

CLOTHIANIDIN: A NEONICOTINOID PESTICIDE HIGHLY TOXIC TO HONEYBEES AND OTHER POLLINATORS

Quoted from EPA science fact sheet on Clothianidin:
"Available data indicate that clothianidin on corn and canola should result in minimal acute toxic risk to birds. However, assessments show that exposure to treated seeds through ingestion may result in chronic toxic risk to non-endangered and endangered small birds (e.g., songbirds) and acute/chronic toxicity risk to non-endangered and endangered mammals. Clothianidin has the potential for toxic chronic exposure to honey bees, as well as other nontarget pollinators, through the translocation of clothianidin residues in nectar and pollen..In honey bees, the effects of this toxic chronic exposure may include lethal and/or sub-lethal effects in the larvae and reproductive effects in the queen."

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thank you for this, s&f.
We need to pass this info on to those who don't know- when I do pass it on through social media I normally put it out as a possibility and let the reader draw their own conclusion. As with much of what is posted on ATS, there are things the general public do not know- most are absorbed by what goes on directly around them and the mainstream media doesn't bring these articles to light. I know I am writing this to the people who know, yet I say keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I gave you a star for using the word 'cryptofascist'.

at the spellchecking critters inside my computer...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1542562d4e00.gif[/atsimg]

"WTF??? C...R...Y...P...T...O...FASCIST...?

M'eh, it sounds impressive. Let it through..........!!!!!!!"

Start following the money... Someone is getting rich at the expense of planet earth - I suspect the paymaster has cloven hooves, horns and a tail. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20682964957a.gif[/atsimg]

EDIT TO ADD - the post two up from this one... My suspicions were accurate. 'They' have done a load of research into the effects on pollinating species. Knowing what we know about these people, it's time to wise up to the fact that one meeting, many years ago, someone in a powerful position threw out a challenge to his geeks:

"Bring me a fertiliser that subtly kills off pollinating species, specifically honeybees. Try to make sure it's not too harmful to anything else so our pals in Washington (or wherever legislation is lobbied for) don't have too much of an issue in sorting it out for us.

Then, the world, will be mine! [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c42effadb68.gif[/atsimg]
Get Soros on the phone - we did it! It's time for a party! You bring the human sacrifice, I'll bring the naked chicks.
edit on 15-12-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Much like the FDA. They'll approve any thing for a kick back!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
When, I keep wondering, when is their karma going to kick in?

The karma kicks in when the planet is inhabitable - at least for us. Since we (in general) are all participating in the madness, either as developers, consumers, polluters, etc., we all get the karma back on us, delivered through war, terrorism, pollution, cancer, and so forth. That's my opinion at least.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nothing about these EPA criminals in the MSM yet.... TPTB are doing a good job sweeping this one under the rug so far. Kind of a scary thought a few posts back about Einstien predicting that after all the bees die humanity will only have 4 years left of survival. Doesn't the wind carry pollen too?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
Thank you for this, s&f.
We need to pass this info on to those who don't know- when I do pass it on through social media I normally put it out as a possibility and let the reader draw their own conclusion. As with much of what is posted on ATS, there are things the general public do not know- most are absorbed by what goes on directly around them and the mainstream media doesn't bring these articles to light. I know I am writing this to the people who know, yet I say keep up the good work!

Yeah thats the way to go, email the document to all the Bee Keepers in your area.
If you can.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Could Computer Programmed Bacteria be the replacement you alluded to?

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Apparently, this would lead to the bioengineering of plants.

edit on 15-12-2010 by sbowman07 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As much as people bash those with high ethics as religious crazies and the like, I think we need a refueling of ethics in this world. 90% of what is wrong with this world is due to a lack of love. Greed has overtaken every area of society and humanity is sinking faster and faster due to this overwhelming attitude.

There is no love for this wonderful and beautiful home of ours, a creation worthy of awe and respect. There is no love for those that reside here, only the desire to one up your neighbor. It breaks my heart to see how far we have slid from a loving nation and a society that sees the needs of the people over the needs of the corporate minions.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I love your avatar. It's sick!
anyway... No we die, they live, see they already have all the normal organic food crops carefully stored in seed vaults and underground bases and I imagine they also already have full beekeeper teams tending to their own supply of bees down in those underground bases. So you see here in the 'free' world we get all the poison and starvation and infertility and megedeath and in the 'secret' world of secret societies and the wealthy elite they have the best organic succulent foods. The coming ice age will kill all the GMO crops and grind the world to pulp with enourmous glaciers so eventually your gonna have two types of humans

the survivors in an icy apocalyptic wasteland, will most likely have reverted to a barbaric ice age state of existence.

and the extremely technologically advanced, nearly immortal wealthy elite who will be cyborgs and will live underground

then at some point the elite will come out and be like alien gods to the primitive mortal humans that live in scattered nomadic tribes.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It frustrates the cr@p out of me, reading this stuff.

Basic good farming methods, on micro scales eradicate the need for mass producing/factory farming anyway. Essentially making these big corporations completely obsolete.

Like what the British did in WW2 - grow your stuff from home. Start with your own vegie patches and fruit trees.

Start Urban farming, get the community together to collectively cultivate an area of land designed specifically to produce healthy organic (or as close to it) foods as possible. Encourage the household waste of scraps and green waste to be used/converted into compost, to be returned to the soil, providing a healthy/nutritious substance from which to POWER your crops.

This simple method of SPENDING THE TIME to tend to your crops, with people power, by removing pests, or using alternative methods to remove them, weeding, and feeding the crops on a micro scale will produce far healthier produce than what you would find in most shops. It then sees less money going into your corporate bank accounts, switching some of the power of balance away from them, the EPA etc etc.

The problem is, we as a Westernized civilization are too dam lazy to get off our asses to actually dedicate a few hours a week outside to feed ourselves. Instead of tending to a vegie patch, we would rather be on the the PS3, watching Oprah, smoking weed or reading up on Conspiracy theories
(sorry guys couldn't resist) - but you see the point, the Western mindset we have all bought into has also essentially enslaved us all to it.

The only way to win such a war is to fight fire with fire - in this case, remove their dependancy on the money they make. Set-up your own non-GMO fruit and vegies, use natural methods to reduce parasitic insects, whilst encouraging the influx of others.

If only 1 out of 4 gardens in all Westernized countries were converted to food production, it would:

1. Create another area of high quality food produce
2. Create a massive amount of space for feeding bee populations
3. Might hopefully put some of these big businesses out of existence

Talking and moaning about it is all well and good, I am as bad as everyone else - but there are means and ways to take action without having to get the population marching up to their government headquarters. Raise awareness, start community groups, STOP purchasing anything related to these chemical companies and research other companies or products which are also associated with them.

That's my two penneth - this is one situation we could resolve, easily and effectively! I do believe we are dumbed down by the foods we ingest and the chemicals so prevalent in our food and water supplies. BUT to make a stand like this will actually help to create such a positive change physically and mentally, not to mention the massive additional health benefits, that it could very well be the start we need to enact a positive movement for real change.

Anyway... fingers hurting now

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join