It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked EPA Document Shows It Knowingly Allowed Pesticide that Kills Honey Bees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
www.fastcompany.com...

Snip
"The world honey bee population has plunged in recent years, worrying beekeepers and farmers who know how critical bee pollination is for many crops. A number of theories have popped up as to why the North American honey bee population has declined--electromagnetic radiation, malnutrition, and climate change have all been pinpointed. Now a leaked EPA document reveals that the agency allowed the widespread use of a bee-toxic pesticide, despite warnings from EPA scientists.

The document, which was leaked to a Colorado beekeeper, shows that the EPA has ignored warnings about the use of clothianidin, a pesticide produced by Bayer that mainly is used to pre-treat corn seeds. The pesticide scooped up $262 million in sales in 2009 by farmers, who also use the substance on canola, soy, sugar beets, sunflowers, and wheat, according to Grist. "
End snip

What is wrong with this band of human detritus? They released this chemical, in full knowledge, and have then allowed the world to wonder about and search for the reason why bees are dying en masse. These are the same people who authorised Corexit in the Gulf.

Deliberate attempt to reduce food supply or simply cold blooded disregard in the name of profit? Having just glanced through some pages of the leaked report, this looks like pretty lethal stuff for many forms of life.

For the full 101 page leaked EPA report: www.panna.org...

edit on 14-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

These are some dark times were living in. I didn't want to believe the elite are plotting to kill 90% of the worlds population but evidence keeps popping up that they are in fact making decisions which are clearly meant to wipe us out.

The BP oil disaster- caused intentionally for the benefit of the oil industry, extensive use of the extremely toxic corexit which will cause millions in the gulf coast region to sicken and die. the gulf stream disruption causing an ice age which will lead to mass starvation and freezing deaths.

Bayer- big pharma intentionally killing the bee population causing mass starvation and mega death

chemtrails- spraying unknown chemicals on most large population areas extensively all around the world.

the controlled collapse of our economies- reducing our ability to buy food, shelter, heating and cooling all of which will lead to mass death.

Put 2 and 2 and 2 together and it starts to become a fairly obvious plot to depopulate the earth. Time to add Bayer to the list of war criminals committing horrible crimes against humanity. Right up there with Haliburton.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz

These are some dark times were living in. I didn't want to believe the elite are plotting to kill 90% of the worlds population but evidence keeps popping up that they are in fact making decisions which are clearly meant to wipe us out.

The BP oil disaster- caused intentionally for the benefit of the oil industry, extensive use of the extremely toxic corexit which will cause millions in the gulf coast region to sicken and die. the gulf stream disruption causing an ice age which will lead to mass starvation and freezing deaths.

Bayer- big pharma intentionally killing the bee population causing mass starvation and mega death

chemtrails- spraying unknown chemicals on most large population areas extensively all around the world.

the controlled collapse of our economies- reducing our ability to buy food, shelter, heating and cooling all of which will lead to mass death.

Put 2 and 2 and 2 together and it starts to become a fairly obvious plot to depopulate the earth. Time to add Bayer to the list of war criminals committing horrible crimes against humanity. Right up there with Haliburton.

Yes, and the EPA, of course, should be on the top of that list of war criminals. As you say, the evidence is stacking up re population culling. When, I keep wondering, when is their karma going to kick in?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
einstein
said that if the bees were to disappear
man would follow in about four years

GMO producing pesticide corn
wireless
also the regular pesticides and the burnt earth fertilizers

going to hell in a hand basket in increments

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When you look up oxymoron in the dictionary it should point you directly to EPA (Environmental Protection Agency).

But hey, openly poisoning life is all the rage these days. What a pathetic joke.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

They either have a stashed bee colony or they are retarded........

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

And we all know which family owns Bayer pharmaceuticals ... what a surprise!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Who is surprised here? Isn't Bayer the bunch of turds that provided medications tainted with AIDS to third world countries?

Yep...the same Bayer that has Nazi roots weaned on eugenics.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
bees fertilize all our food. how can people be so unintelligent as to cause their own demise?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Interesting. I remember a while back reading something about a fungus attacking bee colonies, and that being the reason for their decline. Here's an article from October 2010.

Collapse of Honeybee Colonies Could Be Due To Unique Virus-Fungus Combination

Researchers in the US say they have found a unique combination of a virus and a fungus that could explain Colony Collapse Disorder, a mysterious illness that is wiping out beehive colonies around the world. A paper on their findings was published online on 6 October in the journal PLoS ONE. First author Dr Jerry Bromenshenk, a bee expert and biology research professor, at the University of Montana (UM) Division of Biological Sciences in Missoula, said in a statement that they don't know for sure if the two pathogens, a fungus called Nosema ceranae and a virus called insect iridescent virus (IIV), cause Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), or whether the colonies with CCD are more susceptible to them.

That's not to say that the OP isn't correct, I'm no fan of Bayer, ... just adding another possibility to the equation.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ummm....so the Environmental Protection Agency is responsible for allowing a pesticide to market that could be responsible for the collapse of our food chain.

Nice. Good work you're doing their EPA. They deserve a raise.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
FACT: Any animal / environment that sees a heavy stress to their ecology can become infected with a fungus or mold if their immune / ecological system is stressed enough. Look at this way - this # does enough damage to the little bee's immune system and it opens them up for infection. Honey is one of the most amazing miracle cures on the planet, and now its being attacked. Why? I wonder...........

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The only thing that seems odd about this is the report...Is anybody thinking the report itself is a bit choppy and unprofessional? Not to say I don't believe it, it just seems like it is too perfect a thing for a site like this, if ya catch my drift.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Excellent threat, S&F. I'm worry about what's going on with the bees, couple of months ago I made a thread with a video about it too. Maybe you want to check it.

"The Vanishing of the Bees"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good day.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

I'm with you on this on I smell BS...
2nd

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

Yes they would have a bee stash for sure. They have a seed bank as well.

Hmmm.... Interesting. I remember a while back reading something about a fungus attacking bee colonies, and that being the reason for their decline. Here's an article from October 2010.

I think a fungal infection and some other supposed causes could be caused by the bee's being in a weakened state from the pesticides, and therefore allowing easy infection and lowered resistance.

As stated by Bonified Ween. Good catch.

FACT: Any animal / environment that sees a heavy stress to their ecology can become infected with a fungus or mold if their immune / ecological system is stressed enough. Look at this way - this # does enough damage to the little bee's immune system and it opens them up for infection. Honey is one of the most amazing miracle cures on the planet, and now its being attacked. Why? I wonder...........

I don't understand what would make people think it's BS The document seems very normal to me.
This stuff has the ability to contaminate ground water.

Find a Biological Chemist or whatever thats not already paid for and ask them to investigate it if you don't believe it.

Regardless the EPA's own scientists recommedations were ignored from what I can tell, do they pay them with taxpayers money to ignore them ?

That is what stinks of BS. Sack em.

Regards
Toecutter

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

If this is true, I say we off the EPA. As an ambient air data chemist I can say it will hurt my business but they are not proving worthy anymore in my estimation. They are obfuscating the Constitution on many levels as if part of a grand scheme so obvious that this site has a lot of believers of this conspiracy for callous greed or for even more fiendish reasons. Clearly they are not logical if they profess to be cleaning up the planet from man made poisons. They know of cars that have been built to run on water, and they did not mandate they be built did they? Hell no. I can prove it worked 20 years ago. As a compromise they built solar cars but for now use compressed gas Hydrogen car. The device they could not get for less than $1 million was used for NASA and it produces enough H2 and O2 to run a powerful combustion motor or a fuel cell for an electric motor, period end of statement!!!

here is a google search to get you started about the source of this car.

www.google.com...:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1

I know this works and yet they stall it even being designed by a real car company. I dare anyone to try an manufacture it. I suspect it will be like Atlas Shrugged and the gov will find ways to stop it dead in it's tracks. I am rapidly loosing faith that anyone in Washington understands what it means to be a US Citizen!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, I have honey bee's all over my place, I have just one tree that has them by the thousands and that's just one tree. We called a few different bee keepers and they won't even attempt to get them they say they can't get the Queen bee the holes in the tree are to high and to small. They said the honey bees in Pennsylvania have come back they are ok.

They told us it is illegal to kill them and we have many kids here when they get bad and if someone gets a sting we spray.

I laughed at them one time they told me it would cost me a fortune for them to take the bees and I told them they had that wrong it would cost them a fortune for me allowing them to take them....the nerve.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

Your close. Somebody created a new type of bee. Now their playing god. If it grows to the size of a small bird we will all have a problem. They don't know what their doing.

Who cares if a honey bee is deprived of 8 hours of sleep he is a poor dancer. What a waste of time and money that took studying them. What did they expect the bees to do the moon walk. .

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Those EPA people that did this will never pay for these lies they never do.
As babies their mothers should have had a abortion.I don't want to say anything I could get in trouble for.
Abortion is legal maybe it's not to late to Abort them now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join