It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire During School Board Meeting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Panama #ty is a joke. People here are real slooooow (most, not all). The woman with the purse... that's about right. The superintendent speaking so arrogantly, endangering everyone else? That is most the good ol' boys we have here. They are fantastic at running their mouths and not doing a damn thing but messing things up more. It does appear that a bullet struck the floor but he intentionally fired that shot into the ground and that is the only point I can see any type of damage done by his gun... Did I miss something???

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
That is HILARIOUS considering the media does the opposite and tells us how we should feel safe with detectors, scanners, groping pat-downs and cameras everywhere. It seems you buy it too! You can throw you're rights and freedoms away to feel safe, just leave me out of it.

Considering that they're manipulating the footages to create fear, of course they're going to tell you later, you will be safe if you trust in our surveillance systems.

The best example is on Page 4. There I posted what the difference between the two actual footages of this shooting. One of the video has 17 shootings, the other has only 8 and the guy is already on the ground.

Conclusion: the video with the 17 shootings were created to present the violent even more violent to don't feel yourself safe and to disturb you much better.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

Yes, exactly, the close up video has way more bullets then the zoomed out video. They edit the video to make it seem more "intense" a complete media manipulation regardless of whether or not this was a real event.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I think there is a discrepency as to how many bullets were fired. In the close up video about 15 bullets are fired, in the long frame, only about six were fired, some of them coming from the second shooter (security guard?)

The one with many shots heard is a rehash for whatever reason... you can hear the same 'scream' from the back room over and over... same length and pitch.

And also... WHO says "stay down" in that video... it's not heard in the other videos.... why add that and multiple shots?

Drama Divas? MUCH!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm still undecided on if it was blanks or not. He fired at one of the guys and missed, bullets can't be seen to be ejected from the gun, but there was a hole caused in the ground when he fired (for some reason) at the ground. It just really doesn't make sense that he would do this with blanks, he deserves to get shot. The bullets may be real but the video has already been edited and more gun shots were included, plus I don't think he killed himself.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think they need a system in schools that ups the security a bit.

It may be expensive, but if the government could install 1 or 2 metal detectors in front of school doors (Which they will not), I think it would make it safer. I'm not talking about really small schools, but large ones, like colleges, or very large high schools.

It would be very costly i'm sure, but atleast it would reduce the risk of of somebody being killed or hurt by an over-powered moron with a gun.

And also, I think the teacher should have had enough sense to NOT bring the gun to the meeting in the first place. It's better to get fired from a job or disciplined from higher authority then to bring a gun, threaten to shoot somebody, and get shot yourself/shooting yourself.

If he had this much steam in him, may it had been better for him just to stay/go home?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What?!!? No TSA check point at the door!?!?!? What is this world comming to!??
But seriously there is always a reason why those things happen. Being bullied or taken advantage of or just being pushed beyond their beaking point. Nothing enybody says can justify what he did byn o amount of counceling can mend a destroyed mind. We are only animals after all.
edit on 15-12-2010 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

i think thats exactly what that scenario was staged for...

Big Sis need more scannerrrrrrrrrrs

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Maybe that is what they are aiming for. Full body scanners and checkpoints at all the schools.
Would definitely increase the profit margin for all the politicians invested in the body scanner technology.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i'm trying to sort this out. it is on the local news here i live in the same state this happened and they are not mentioning a word of them being blanks now, just looping the video for everyone to see.... but yesterday i heard atleast twice reported *blank shots* *blanks* i'm sure in some cases in a weird accident a blank shot with a high powered gun might be able to kill you from the force alone but if he was wanting to go suicide by cop and he planned this all out, why the hell would he shoot himself in the head?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. Fox News headline says "Official: God protected me during shooting." No mention of him telling Mike Jones that they were just blanks. None.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
thank god that guy was a horrible shot he deserves to die no matter what happened by suicide or by police

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
thank god that guy was a horrible shot he deserves to die no matter what happened by suicide or by police

Without a doubt! I just want to know the REAL story..

I don't care if this idiot was shooting blanks and they killed his ass or if he had a blank gun and acted like it was real... The thing is MSM is making the superintendents out to be heros and confusing the story more if it was a blank gun and they shot him to death im cool with that but don't lead it on like this guy was out to kill everyone there you can clearly see he could of killed loads of them but he decided not to...

Picture of a gun that shoots only blanks

kind of looks a bit similar..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He did mention something interesting that struck a nerve with me, school taxes!
School /property tax is one of the most illegal, unconstitutional, and evil things our local government does!
It basically says no one and I mean no one owns their property in the US!
Some states have eliminated it but not many that I know of so no one out there say it can't be done.
He obviously didn't want to kill anyone he was being a Martyr and trying to scare them.
It's a shame that gun rights always take a beating when this happens and a shame this guy gave up on life.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Key point in this is that he was an ex-con with a handgun so he broke the law that never seems to stop criminals from owning guns and everyone in that room would have eventually been killed if a person in the back had not stopped him with a handgun - the purse/'billy club' didn't seem to do the trick. I don't think they were blanks - at the press conference they reported that they were hollow-point bullets. He was a bad shot - the first shot hits the desk saving the life of the board member, the second shot is due to the kick back which he obviously didn't expect and hits the floor. Then he's shot in the leg and decides to speed things up and takes a couple of errant shots to the only other guy still left visible. He's finally brought down by the second shot. There are 7 or so shots and not the 20 shots being reported by the board members. Why everyone stands there waiting to be shot is what I don't understand. They had minutes to prepare for "evasion" and still failed to take it. That is the only thing that would lead the conspiracy-nut in me to believe it was all staged.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I just heard second-hand that the Police are saying these were all live rounds and the man had extra magazines.

Look at the first shot....all those papers go flying off the desk.

Seems hard to believe, but this guy simply missed.

This was not "point blank range" by any means.

Looked like 12-15 feet.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
CNN is having a press conference on this now School board members say *the BULLETS* came to close to us*

They are denying blanks now for sure...

I will update when it comes in

Its live on CNN right now.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
CNN is having a press conference on this now School board members say *the BULLETS* came to close to us*

They are denying blanks now for sure...

I will update when it comes in

Its live on CNN right now.

The issue of blanks was never mentioned. They indeed may be sifting around it but its not a flat out denial.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Local news is saying the gunman was shot dead....

If anyone can get a confirmation..

Yah as soon as this nut pulled out the spray paint and gun the gentlemen next to him or lady (a lady did hit him with a purse) could of pulled out their pistol and took him out quick threat annihilated instantly.

this is ture but in california where i live i cant carry my gun with in 1,000 ft of a school or i face 10 years. so if i was there i would have been un armed myself because of a stupid law so i could not shoot him. I bet this school had a no guns with in a 1,000ft rule as well.....hey why did he not follow the rules like the sign said. we must now make it 2,000ft. that will make sure he doesent bring guns to schools!
edit on 15-12-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Or his pistol was bought off of the street and the rifling of the barrel was so jacked up it caused inaccurate fire to an extreme I dont believe they were blanks either.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join