It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire During School Board Meeting

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I still don't think clay duke was trying to kill them.

I by no way glorify what he did but when he was point blank behind them he could of lined them up and just shot them..

Clay duke had a deeper agenda, he wanted to send a message....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
reply to post by Sinnthia

To better answer your question, if he had a dirty bomb, toxic chem bomb, warhead etc......He would be getting charged with having an "Arm" that was Federaly regulated that civilians are not allowed to posses. A handgun would not be in this category, unless, he was a felon or in violation of a city ordinance that prohibited handguns.

I believe I specifically asked where the constitution specifies handguns are good arms and nuclear bombs are bad arms. You opinion of what kind of arms are ok and what kind of arms are not ok is JUST YOUR OPINION.
I never asked what anyone's opinion was. I asked where handguns are listed in the constitution as the type of arms you may have. Since you seem to think that it specifies which types of arms you may NOT have, it should be easy for you.

You do realize what you pointed out is that the government can decide which arms are ok and which are not without even consulting the constitution about it first and for some reason, it is ok with you. If they just add handguns, suddenly it would be unconstitutional to you. Do you understand how twisted this response becomes?
edit on 20-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

Point not missed. I said Arms = weapons, that could be anything capable of causing harm. If your looking in the Constitution for a list that spells out what weapons would be considered as "Arms" it's not there. You asked where does it say handgun? Which is why I said it has already been defined by our military/gov and could be easily defined in a court of law in the US that a handgun would be considered an "Arm". Put a soldier on the stand, put a pistol and a pic of Yogi the Bear in front of him and ask him to "bear arms", he's grabbing the pistol.

No, you most certainly missed the point. I never said a handgun is not an arm. I said that many things are considered arms and people such as yourself are claiming that according to the constitution, I may own a handgun but not a dirty bomb. I am asking you to show me where it says that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard. (b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Source

arm
noun, often attributive
a : a means (as a weapon) of offense or defense; especially : firearm

Source

We good here?

Seeing as how this response does not address what I asked in any way shape or form, not really. You seem good with yourself about it though.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Are you serious? All the questions you have asked, in every form you can ask them, has been answered in your thread more then once. It's not just my opinion and others opinions, we told you the answer, it's just not the one you're wanting to hear. Re-read your thread and there you will find your answer. It's not in the Constitution it's in Federal regulation and involves all 3 branches of our gov. If you do your homework you will easily find the answer as to why you can't have a nuclear warhead in your backyard but you can own a handgun. The Constitution is the basic framework of how are gov works, from there we have Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches. Thru those you have Federal and State laws and regulations. Maybe this link will help you better understand how the Constitution, regulations, statutes, etc. work. If that doesn't answer your question, google, I'm sure there's a million pages on the subject.
www.libraries.psu.edu...
ADD: The Constitution tells you that you can go to the grocery store, it does not tell you what kind of food you can buy, it lays out the structure of WHO can tell you what you can buy and cannot. Does that make sense?

edit on 20-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Yes I am serious. This is not my thread. I have written no threads so I am unsure what thread you want me to read again. I am not sure what you think I have asked but there was just one question and it was not once ever answered. Where does the constitution say anything about the right to own a handgun. That was my question. There is only one correct answer, it does not. Why? Because it does not specify what arms you may or may not have. Seems pretty simple to me. I am not sure why this confuses you constitutionalists so much.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

"Seems pretty simple to me."

That's what I thought too. I'm not sure I know of a way to explain it to you any simpler than how it's already been explained above. It's not rocket science, but you have to be open to the answer.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Explain what? Why do you seem to think I am confused or still looking for any answers? I knew exactly what it said but some people here did not seem to. Now we are all on the same page and I am all good. What are you going on about?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ginger just sold/auctioned that purse she hit Mr. duke with for thousands of dollars.

Just saw it on local news here...

Pretty dumb thing to do (hit a gunman with your purse) for monetary gain...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I doubt profit was really on Ginger's mind at the time.

And she did not sell the handbag for personal profit either.

Now, reports a Panama City TV station, "the Salvage Santa program, which was started 27 years ago by Mike Jones, is $26,200 richer this morning following a NewsChannel 7 eBay auction of the famous purse."

Mike Jones is the school security guard who shot gunman Clay Duke during the incident — which ended when Duke killed himself. No one else was injured.

An anonymous eBay bidder paid $13,000 for the purse last night. That amount was matched by the Fairhaven, Mass., company that manufactured the bag.

Jones' Salvage Santa charity has a website here. It reconditions bikes and toys for kids.

www.npr.org...

So please stop spreading bull about a lady who tried to do something brave, and who has now given up her handbag to raise money for charity.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join