It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire During School Board Meeting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thats why they have to pay a school resource officer (a cop who patrols the school) to every school now...

If there was not this retired detective there (only one with a gun)

things could of been ALOT bloodier then they were.

We as americans know this....

Clay duke had that gun in a gun-free zone..

It did not turn into a massacre because clay duke was shot....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Another rapidly expanding thread:

IMHO "suicide by cop" he didn't intend to kill anyone or "purse lady" would be dead

"I'll be honest I don't know your wife; what did she do?"

"I'm gonna die today"

Unfortunately The ice is breaking, the loosely capped ones are starting to become unhinged...

edit on 16-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You are all missing the point! Regardless of the means, he stood up for what he believed in. Whether right or wrong, thats not the issue, the issue is that our voices are NOT being heard in this country, and the ol sang goes, action speaker louder than words.
Stop and think for a moment, put aside what happened, but simply think about what if everyone finally stood up for what is right, and what they believed in, maybe then we would be heard!
If a revolution is required, and the use of guns are the only means to get that message across?,,,...ok then I'm all for it!
Guns in the right hands can be a useful tool! Less gun laws, and alot more guns are needed!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

How many people do you suppose would have been shot had no one had a gun?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Who cares, those on the panel were instruments for the corporate elite.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I'm sorry Sinnthia, I am not for "Gun Control" as most people see it. I believe that common sense restrictions such as background checks are warranted, but I believe MORE people should be armed.

Gun control is gun control.

I am not sure how some people pretend their version of gun control is not gun control but if that makes you feel better then say it all you like. You are for gun control, same as me. Call it anything else you like.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How many people do you suppose would have been shot if only clay duke had a gun?

Try that one out for size then get back to me....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

OK. I am for background checks and qualifications of carrying a concealed weapon in public areas. Even police officers have to qualify with their weapons, so a citizen should do more than take a 2 hour course and fire a light load into a trash can. (That is the procedure for "gun training" in Florida.)

So, I guess you are correct, I am for gun control.

However, I am also for encouraging people to exercise their rights to get licensed and carry their guns at all times. I am "pro-gun," but I feel people should prove their abilities and intentions before carrying their gun out to the mall, or a school, or a concert.

So, I am "pro-gun" the more the better,
--> and I am "pro gun-control" get trained, learn restraint, and hit your targets accurately!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Gun control is gun control.

I am not sure how some people pretend their version of gun control is not gun control but if that makes you feel better then say it all you like. You are for gun control, same as me. Call it anything else you like.

All gun control laws are unconstitutional and need to be repealed.

Shall not be infringed is very clear.
edit on 16-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Yes, I believe I already pointed out that this board is full of people like you that truly believe the world would be a safer place is every pasly patient, 9 year old kid, and complete mental deficient carried a loaded sidearm. I believe I already addressed that.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, I guess you are correct, I am for gun control.

Yes, I know. I said that myself.

Twice now.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Who cares, those on the panel were instruments for the corporate elite.

I guess I missed the trial and subsequent death penalty you must be referring to.
Got a linky-poo?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

sooo... are you saying that that's what YOU would do if you had a gun? blow everbody's head off and go crazy? If that were the case then people would get punched in the face a lot more often for reaching into their pockets. I'm afraid that you have been the victim of brainwashing, friend. On two counts. One; you've been told by the media to fear everyone who isn't you, that somehow YOU know better than everybody else. That all the people who want to have a gun are just like this guy in the post. Two; you've been trained to think that an object like a gun makes people more or less violent. That somehow having a gun automatically means that you will use it the first chance you get. The people who get violent WITH guns are the same people who get violent WITHOUT them. Do we really think that having access to a gun was the ONLY thing that made this guy snap?! Isn't it possible that he could have made a bomb at home? or just walked in there with a bat and started swinging? One of the councilmen told the lunatic that it was his fault that the man's wife was fired and to let everyone else go. A true hero. If that same man had had a gun, i'll bet he would have stood up and shot the guy, taking that poor old lady who hit him with the bag out of harm's way.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic. BTW, would you mind linking any info that would suggest the 2nd Amendment has any issued stipulations?
According to the Constitution, there is no 2nd line that would suggest any types of " gun control ' laws within. So with that, the 2nd is very clear in its wording:

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

source: www.usconstitution.net...

With that said, would you submit evidence that would argue the phrase noted in the last, " shall not be infringed".

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

The very first shot seemed like it hit him. Thats one lucky guy.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I made a post on this thread came back to check the development of this case and see if anyone had made a comment or question to my post, problem is it appears my post was completely removed, why? I made a comment about the gun probably being bought from the street and if used and abused the pistol might have thrown the rounds down range in a skewed manner simply because it may be a pistol bought on the street.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by thecinic

How many people do you suppose would have been shot had no one had a gun?

so condescending. How would you get the guns away from everybody? there's NO WAY you could EVER disarm everyone. There will always be a way for lunatics to get their hands on guns. The only real way to bring down gun violence is to give the SANE, RATIONAL people who aren't prone to killing sprees the same level of weaponry as the INSANE, IRRATIONAL people. Gun control advocates live in this fantasy world where you could get manufacturers and dealers, who make money off of guns, to just stop producing and selling them. Where everyone will line up and throw their guns into a pit to be buried. Where unarmed people can somehow defend themselves against armed thugs. Where cops arrive in the nick of time every time and stop the bad guys. Gun control is like the TSA body scanners and pat downs; it makes the weak and ignorant FEEL safer, but in reality, does NOTHING whatsoever to stop bad people from doing bad things.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is what happens when you disarm the citizenry:

AUSTRALIA:
The Results Are In
The following is a synopsis of an interview conducted by Ginny Simone with Keith Tidswell of Australia's Sporting Shooters Association. The entire interview is available as "Surprise, Surprise" in the "Archive News" section of:
One year after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed, including semi-automatic .22 rifles and shotguns, a program costing the government over 500 million dollars ( bare in mind, thats tax payer dollars), the results are in...

A dramatic increase in criminal activity has been experienced. Gun control advocates respond "Just wait... we'll be safer... you'll see...".

OBSERVABLE FACT, AFTER 12 MONTHS OF DATA:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2%
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6%
Australia-wide, armed-robberies are up 44% (yes, FORTY-FOUR PERCENT)
In the state of Victoria, homicides-with-firearms are up 300%
Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in homicides-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in armed-robbery-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
There has been a dramatic increase in breakins-and-assaults-of- the-elderly
At the time of the ban, the Prime Minister said "self-defense is not a reason for owning a firearm"
From 1910 to present, homicides in Australia had averaged about 1.8-per-100,000 or lower, a safe society by any standard.
The ban has destroyed Australia's standings in some international sport shooting competitions
The membership of the Australian Sports Shooting Association has risen to 112,000, a 200% increase, in response to the ban and as an attempt to organize against further controls, which are expected.
Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding society of guns". Their response has been to "wait longer".

source: www.geoffmetcalf.com...

ANY QUESTIONS?
edit on 16-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Great numbers.

I remember reading something similar regarding Prostitution in Germany. It has been a long time, so I don't remember the source, but they quickly reversed their stance on making Prostitution illegal.

Imagine, if more people had guns, and less personal choices were criminal (i.e. minor drugs, prostitution, seatbelts, etc.), imagine what our crime rates would look like then?

People empowered to protect themselves and make their own life choices, and police free to actually investigate and catch the real criminals! WOWOWOWOWOW!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Exactly.....WhereWereHeaded

Take the guns away from the sane honest members of society......and the crime rate goes up.

Well.......Who would have thought that???

Our Government....US.....would never consider having all guns destroyed.

They know it would never happen because MOST AMERICANS........are not criminals......are not mentally impaired

and most of all.......... WE HAVE COMMON SENSE.

We will not be slaves to the Gov..........or slaves to fear.

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join