It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

SHOCKING - Columnist compares Cerebral Palsy Sufferer Jody McIntyre to disabled comedy character ove

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This article is absolutely disgusting. Richard Littlejohn of the Daily Mail pokes fun at Jody McIntyre who was dragged from his wheelchair at a student demo.

Another forum member linked the latest BBC interview with Jody on this thread: Link



Jody Mcintyre is like Andy from Little Britain.
‘Where do you want to go today, Jody?’
‘Riot.’
‘Are you sure? Wouldn’t you rather go to hear Bob Crow speak at the Methodist Central Hall. You like Bob Crow.’ ‘Yeah, I know.’
‘So, we’ll go there, eh?’
‘Riot!’
‘Ken Livingstone will be there, too. He’s your favourite.’
‘Riot!’
‘All right, then.’
Five minutes later at the riot . . .
‘Don’t like it.’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...




Here is what Littlejohn of the Daily Fail has to say (scroll to middle of the article): Article




posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just to clarify...you were expecting sensitive, non inflammatory "journalism" from the Daily Heil?



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dylandalek
Just to clarify...you were expecting sensitive, non inflammatory "journalism" from the Daily Heil?


Nope. But this has gone too far



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The right wing in this country are such a horrible lot, lead by the likes of Richard little John and his ilk, if there not implying that if a young gay man dies it must have been his own fault some how (Stephen Gately), now they are claiming someone with cerebral Palsy is a danger to police men in riot gear with truncheons.



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr
 


Just to clarify, I am on the political right, but the Daily Mail is nothing more than a tabloid with delusions of grandeur, vile, insulting rubbish. Not all of us are homophobes, racists, fox hunters or eurosceptics!
edit on 14-12-2010 by dylandalek because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dylandalek
 


fair, point, I didn't mean to tar you all with the same brush, it was also good to notice the negative remarks for Littlejohn on the Mails site



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by dylandalek
 


fair, point, I didn't mean to tar you all with the same brush, it was also good to notice the negative remarks for Littlejohn on the Mails site


I'll take a look



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by j1mb0
 


I have just signed up because I wanted to comment on this story. I found this so disturbing that I complained to the Press Complaints Commission. I am not advocating that any ATS members do the same as I believe only one complaint is necessary for them to look into it.

Interestingly it is a clear violation of one of the clauses in their code of practice:

Press Complaints Commission Code of Practice



12

Discrimination

i) The press must avoid prejudicial or pejorative reference to an individual's race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or to any physical or mental illness or disability.

ii) Details of an individual's race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental illness or disability must be avoided unless genuinely relevant to the story.


I wonder if they will do anything about it?



posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shakennotstirred
reply to post by j1mb0
 


I have just signed up because I wanted to comment on this story. I found this so disturbing that I complained to the Press Complaints Commission. I am not advocating that any ATS members do the same as I believe only one complaint is necessary for them to look into it.

Interestingly it is a clear violation of one of the clauses in their code of practice:

Press Complaints Commission Code of Practice



12

Discrimination

i) The press must avoid prejudicial or pejorative reference to an individual's race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or to any physical or mental illness or disability.

ii) Details of an individual's race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental illness or disability must be avoided unless genuinely relevant to the story.


I wonder if they will do anything about it?


Good work I will do the same, thanks for sharing :-)

They should follow it up as it is clearly discriminatory in my opinion aswell.

I understand that bloggers need to 'polarise' to a degree in order to be seen as controversial and make articles interesting from that perspective, after all it makes for more exciting dialogue, but Littlejohn went too far.
Any idiot can see after viewing the original footage and then the BBC interview that there is definately not impartial and objective reporting going on. In fact, the MSM from what I have seen so far are acting like state sponsored, big brother types.

edit on 14-12-2010 by j1mb0 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shakennotstirred
 


I've submitted a complaint too.

If enough of us do the same then they HAVE to do something about it.

Calling this 'Journalism'
Nothing but prejudice BS!



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's also worth remembering that Richard Littlejohn is absolute scum of the highest order, I mean he really is a vile, sickening little cun*.


CX

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'd just ignore the guy, he's an idiot who often lets his mouth function before thinking.

This is the same guy who said that PTSD was something that soldiers made up for attention (or words to that effect).

Funnily enough he said it in a newspaper column and not to a soldiers face.


CX.



posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Richard Littlejohn always comes across as a nasty, bitter man, but I think he's actually hit a new low, even by his own very low standards.

You couldn't make it up.



You've also got to remember that he's actually a troll, so perhaps as the poster above me suggests, the mental 'ignore button' should be put into action !


edit on 15-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join