It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight ITV UK - John Pilger's The war you dont see. 10.30pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm quite surprised to see this on the MSM so soon, John Pilgers new documentary The War you dont see, is on tonight at 10.30 on ITV.

Should be essential viewing for anyone interested in the wikileaks story.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ive seen a lot of John Pilger interviews and his oppinions are right on the money. Not sure how much he will be willing to say on this programme but at least the msm are giving him a voice. He offered bail to Julian Assange too.

Ill be watchin.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
ill give it a shot.

though i know of him are there any previous documentary's that pilgers has done that is worth a watch?
edit on 14-12-2010 by smokersdelight85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smokersdelight85

All of Pilger's work is worth a watch, I'll hazzard a guess that he has a website and a fairly high Ytube presence.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

i shall go forth with haste

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Uk members can watch it again here on the ITV PLayer. It is definitely worth a watch, Pilger has his interviewees squirming in their seat.

www.itv.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Awesome journalism for a change..

I watched it again with my old man this morning (im off sick, so he droped by) and sat there pointing at the screen and saying "see, see" as I have been telling him this stuff for ages yet he calls it bollocks and believes the sun lol

But today I saw a flicker of hope..

He muttered over and again the words "dirty bastards" so something finally got into the old geezers head

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I thought it as great that it was shown on ITV, not the usual channel for hard hitting journalism. I believe that documentary is gonna wake quite a few from their slumber. I was following twitter and there was so much support for Pilger and so much surprise to some of the things ATSer's take for granted.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I watched it last night, and I must say, it's been a while since I've seen decent thought provoking journalisim on the television,. Compelling viewing.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hi there does anyone know where I might watch this program ...
as it is not possible to watch it on the ITV web site
because I am not living in England.

thanks ...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thank You for posting, I just watched this and it was fantastic. 10.30pm on a Tuesday night would of put people off but it's a start. The trouble is people who want to know the truth actively seek knowledge and know where to find it but the majority are happy with the X factor, purely because war doesn't affect them directly.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes watched last night and it was fantastic.... his documentaries usually are.

He was just saying all the things we talk about here.... it was great.
And also was saying many things I think.... like people who say that the War in Iraq was justified and so on... and that we liberated them....

Over a million dead in Iraq...

Sick.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

Hi there does anyone know where I might watch this program ...
as it is not possible to watch it on the ITV web site
because I am not living in England.

thanks ...

Haven't seen it online as yet, but it wont be long.

Here is an interesting segment from the documentary though and very pertinent.

Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I watched this today on ITV player and was very impressed. How very rare it is to see really thought provoking TV in this day and age. Quite amazing ITV 1 showed this. Well done to them for doing so!
Just did a search and someone seems to have put it up on youtube. Here's part 1:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's up on the Pirate Bay, well seeded, v. fast d/l:

thepiratebay.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
S&F!

I liked seeing the BBC and ITV executives squirming under questions about their failure to challenge the politicians' lies but incensed when they argued that it wasn't their job or even lied again about the fear factor used to dumb down the reporters who might otherwise do their jobs properly.

Dan Rather's admission that he wanted to protect his career and not get labelled as a 'conspiracy theorist' shows just how bad it was. Unfortunately, when people don't have the balls to stand up for what's right, the criminals get their way!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The full documentary can now be seen on Youtube, I don't know how long for, so make sure you catch it while you can.

As per usual, Pilger excels himself, an absolute must watch.

new topics

top topics

join