It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks and supporters of transparency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi All,

Today, I had the privilege of meeting someone who really puts his money where his mouth is. The individual who does not wish to be named at this point showed me the provisional patent forms, stamped and dated early 1992 for the internet. I was dubious at first, until I saw the forms with government stamps, patent number as well as marketing research from a bank which has now gone bankrupt. The research done by the bank when this individual was looking for capital said that the project (internet although called by another name) was not feasable (lets see now, I wonder why they went bankrupt),

Ok, sarcasim aside for now. We spoke about the patent and he told me that although he obviously had making money in his mind those 18 years ago, it was never intended to harm people or empower governments and big business to get away with doing whatever they wanted. He is totally against monoplies. In this regard he is planning on e-mailing wiki-leaks and the organisations that campaign for wiki-leaks, giving them permission to utilise all and any information on the web for the next 90 day's. His conditions are simple; providing that action taken by these organisations are not harmful to others (general population) and are done in the interests of society in general. Further an indemnity clause indemnifying him from all and any legal action which may be taken against him.

His point of view is simple, he can prove that he originally founded the idea of the internet, and that he has thus far not given any person or organisation the right to use it nor have they paid for such service. He therefore declares such information as publicly published and available to all and any interested parties.

He has had people and organisation trying to purchase the patent but shrugs and say's the right buyer at the right time and he may consider it but until then it is not in the interest of mankind to allow anybody any exclusivity to do and behave in any way they see fit.

MY MSG to "Billy" LOL he supports the freeware/shareware idea that programmers should be allowed to distribute their products to whomever and wherever they want and should they wish to be paid for their hardwork they are entitled to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So, get your friend to put his money where his mouth is.

Some proof of all of this would be nice too.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Fenix777 because: typo

join