It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Sco -- Time To Go?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar:

I didn't really realize it was a popularity contest, but it makes sense, I have no friends here except some recently acquired ones through chat....

Thanks for the advice.

xo. peace

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Djarums,

It wasn't directly personally to me but was implied, and I just got sick of it .

You are so kind to take time out of your day to post to me and I appreciate it. Lots...

xo. peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I have NEGATIVE points because my hands have been slapped a few times for post the Mods didn't think was appropriate. I don't even pay attention to the points.

What else did you hear about it?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I have NEGATIVE points because my hands have been slapped a few times for post the Mods didn't think was appropriate. I don't even pay attention to the points.

What else did you hear about it?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Happy Holidays.

xo. peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

if you go to your profile, then you only see the people that you have added as friends.

to see who has added you, you need to click on the word "friends" on the top right of your profile and you will see who has added you.

as well as your friends recent posts.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I never look at the points or popularity of poster - the topic and how it is presented counts most to me. I don't even pay attention to typos and bad language if I can comprehend the underlying message and deem it valid.

-v

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Ok since I seem to be the queen of the losers, lol it has nothing to do with popularity, and more to do with what you have to contribute, and believe me we all have a story and something significant to share. I am a loner even here but with that as my base I did not make friends fast and furious, instead it has taken me years to find the people who I have felt comfortable with enough to continue to slowly get to know them better and you know what? I do have friends here who I would love to continue to get to know even better.

ATS can be a micro cosum of the real world reflected into a cyber space, and you can be anything or body you want to be, but when you truly open up and begin to trust who you are regardless of points or friends the forum begins to take on a different energy, and you as you are going to find many people who you resonate with.

I guess I am saying that if you are only on the net for a short time, you wont find a better place to call home.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just to give it some more meaning for ya.

Screw the points.

Everyones has to start with none at all. I'm all supportive here.... Please stay and maybe when you have as much ponts as I do I will give you some alternative sites... Agreed ? It only to me a little more then a year to get them being logged in and posting on a daily basis. When you do that you might take some time to visit some friends in between ATS dinner and sleep .

See you around

~ Sinter

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Truthiron,

I just really appreciate all that you have to say.

In fact, pm me to let me know if it is OK to pm you.

xo peace & God bless,
sj

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you especially, MY *crush*

By the way, you'll get banned when hades freezes over -- there'd be a revolt.

edit on 14-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thanks, sweetheart. I didn't mean to sound that dramatic....errr...must admit we are staying in a hotel suite w/ multiple bathrooms, etc.

I guess I'm due SW of you.

Who knows, maybe we'll do lunch, dinner or drinks sometime.

Your gestures are precious

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks Schulyer. I really have no idea what any of the scoring mechanism means other than stars and flags....and it seems people are stingy with these.....I like to give not get.....but if individuals use these tactics within posts it just gets irritating and tacky.

xo. peace.
sj

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

You seem credible, and I wish there were more like you on this site. Thanks for taking your time, and for sharing your thoughts.

xo. peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks Sinter!

I have "seen" you around and you're definitely not any of those I'm referencing. You're the type that attracted to me to ATS in the first place.

xo. peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stryker Ops

Just go ahead and PM me your thoughts.

I have thick skin.

I am in a tough situation right now but God will get me through it.

xo. peace

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wait we have points? Seriously we have points?
I didn't even know that. Heck I wouldn't even know where to even look for my points.

A very wise online friend used to say "Take what you need and ignore the rest" Try it, it really does work on the web

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Justaposter:

Believe me when I say this is not real life for me.....I am stuck in a hotel room for up to 3 months or until we buy a house...I would neva be on a internet board this frequently but it was keeping me a bit sane until my original post.

Since then, a miracle occurred, and a new off-shoot board w/ people I know better is being re-constructed....great timing for me.

I am in just a bit of a US outta state culture shock; imagine moving from temperate Cali to snowville.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join