It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Sco -- Time To Go?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hey y'all:

Someone on a thread I just posted on, said if you have low points/scores/k whatnot? that (not exact words) you're pretty much useless on ATS.

I know a lot of you go to other boards; suggestions besides ATS, please? PM please

I am in a room for a month in a new place....hope u understand

Thanks in advance!

SJ
edit on 14-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Screw the points. Everyone starts somewhere and that's with 'no points.'

Post your feelings/opinions and reach out to people if you want to. There are thousands of boards out on the internet and if this one doesn't do it, try another. One month will pass in a flash. Whatever the situation, I hope it works out okay for you.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I would worry more about making worthwhile contributions and showing respect towards others than your "stinking score man" (quotes said with over the top LA/Mex accent).

The only other board that I surf is Godlikeproductions, but it is 99% cheese and the mods let a lot of disrespect be shown between the members.
edit on 12/14/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't even know what a "K-Score" is, and could care less. I have noticed quite a few people here that will basically ignore you if they perceive you as having no "street cred". Screw those people. If they're not willing to consider your point of view or aren't interested in anything that won't score them popularity points, they're not in keeping with the goal of ATS--deny ignorance.

"Deny narcissism" should be another goal, although this is the internet so that pretty much goes with the territory.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Points, flags, stars or the length of time as a member are meaningless. It's just bread and circuses, but where you can't eat the bread.

The newest member here, posting on a thread and making an illuminating statement on a specific topic is just as appreciated by those who are lucky enough to read it than any other member here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oh man, the points mean nothing but one wonderful Moderator once told me you have to be a friend here to have friends, and I think that it does come down to friendship as far as people who respond or react on your threads. LOL, the owners once told me that it even blows their minds at times how they will read a thread and say oh boy this is going to be huge and then nothing, it falls off without any fanfare, and then something comes up that they think will bomb and whallaha, it soars to towering heights. They and I just dont even try to guess the trends here anymore.

This is a great place and yes there are some very very brilliant members who have other sites on the net where members here enjoy visiting and gathering, sharing information. But try taking some of the forums more seriously and see who you feel connected with or appreciate and ask them via u2u where they can guide you to learn and grow.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther

"Deny narcissism" should be another goal, although this is the internet so that pretty much goes with the territory.

Amen!!!!

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I don't know or understand the points. It's the constant reference to all these scores that makes me want to seek elsewhere.

I did find other sites, but only on off-springs from ATS, which both have closed because they were so small.

Please pm w/ideas if you please.

And your thoughtfulness means a lot right now to me....I could be in this damn hotel for a couple of months depending on other factors.

xo and peace.

edit on 14-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Thank you for your suggestion.

I know there are good people here but I just keep bumping into the wrong ones.

It means a lot to me that you post here without the "sco"

xo, peace

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Hang in, looking at the threads you have put up it is my opinion that you have made great contributions to ATS and hope you will continue to do so in the future.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If someone told you that your opinion is less valued here on ATS because you have lower "points" or whatever, the simple answer is that they must have been losing an argument and that was all they had left.

Ignore stupid comments like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Thank you so much.

I'm in a difficult position---want to find alternate sources, get feedback from non-norm sources of alt. media, etc.
Maybe I will just sit back and watch.

xo and peace, NthOther!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Points, flags, stars or the length of time as a member are meaningless. It's just bread and circuses, but where you can't eat the bread.

The newest member here, posting on a thread and making an illuminating statement on a specific topic is just as appreciated by those who are lucky enough to read it than any other member here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I know I have seen this as fact, but only rarely.

Thank you for your insights.

xo. peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Well, seeing as how anyone who would say that is utterly CLUELESS I wouldn't worry about it.

Seriously...

Springer...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Sonjah, all that has occurred is that you have encountered just about the weakest and least creative ad hom attack known to ATS. It just means that the person who said this couldn't counter your argument and resorted to BS as a smokescreen. It's a sad thing to resort to in debate and you shouldn't let it get you down.

We all start "new" at some point. And, to be frank, I've seen members with astronomical point totals and ancient join dates say some idiotic things (I know I've made less than stellar posts myself). I've also seen first day members with a post count of ONE, and no points at all, state things that were worthy of applause. Just because senior members usually know more about rules, and ATS standards... It doesn't mean that we know "more" about much else.

Don't let it get you down! You are a valued member of the community here!

And, RE: Other boards... Truth be told... SSDD. You'll run into the same types of problems and, more often than not, problems that make ATS look like heaven. At least on ATS the mods aren't all in lock step, banning anyone who doesn't tow the party line. Most other sites end up falling into this trap. Hell, a thread like this, on the other sites I know about, would have gotten you insta-banned.

Don't give up on ATS. This is the gold standard for these types of topics. Nowhere else even comes close!

~Heff
edit on 12/14/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Dead threads?

Oh, just kidding Aquarius.....but it has gotten to the point where i am even a "thread stopper"?

Mentally, I am taxed...I moved from California to SNOWLAND/central US and have been cooped up in a hotel room with 2 young ones, and a dog with nothing but summer clothing.

I do appreciate your taking the time to post back to me....

xo. peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

sonjah1,

Don't expect to win a popularity contest if you won't run with the flow and then take up leadership in that even though it is not your thing. Example, to be popular among thieves would not be the way to go if you weren't a thief.

Just be a teacher of what you believe is right and if you like "fun" threads join in on them. There is all kinds here and chances are not all are going to agree with your point of view.

I'm a Christian and many here have no use for Christians. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words I never let hurt me.

Points, flags etc., don't even think about them, it's great to get some but they won't buy you anything.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Don't let the haters get to you sonjah ... indifference is always the best response.

Plus look at Springer ... he's got 1,724,569 points and I haven't heard him say anything smart yet.

Nice knowing ya everybody!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Happy to sonjah, now if you are in the Detroit area let me know, I have extra winterware that I would be glad to give you. For a quick fix for your children you may want to go to your local Goodwill or Saolvation Army store. Welcome to your new home..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Posts, flags, and stars give me a very rough idea of a contribution level of a member. The W and K scores are pretty meaningless to me. Even though I've read about what they are supposed to mean, they have no intuitive meaning for me. I predict these get scrapped because no one really gets what they are for or how they relate to other scores. "Points" as in 'real points' aren't even displayed on your posts. You have to go to your profile to see them. They are mildly useful for 'buying' avatar improvements, but are otherwise more or less hidden from view.

The bottom line is, don't worry about scores and points. Just contribute. You're known by your reputation. You can get a single point for a two line post or a single point for a long and insightful post. Content matters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join