It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP? You decide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I became interested in the relationship between ULF waves and earthquakes a while back while reading some abstracts about research being done around the islands of Indonesia and Java.

Buried in the list were several scientifically solid studies indicating that specific elevations in ULF waves can be detected up to a month before a large earthquake.

Now the DEMETER Spacecraft has confirmed the phenomena occurred starting a month before the Haiti earthquake.

Interestingly HAARP uses ULF waves to 'heat up' the ionosphere. I don't have a smoking gun, but it's certainly coincidental.

ULF Haiti

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The big question is the squeezing rock creating ULF waves piezoelectrically before the earthquake, or is the HAARP bouncing ULF waves at a fault, creating an earthquake?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Nice find... Let's dig deeper! Star and a flag.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura did an episode of Conspiracy Theory on this... youtube it.. quite interesting but not news to me.. and i wouldnt be surprised.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There are reports that earthquakes created by HAARP do produce a different seismic signature compared to naturally occurring earthquakes. Also read one news report a while back (year or two) when the President in one South American country blamed HAARP for it's earthquake. A few papers on HAARP can be found at www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

A few rumors that the boxing day tsunami was also due to HAARP.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
and Katrina

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Contrary to what you have stated, HAARP doesn't use ultra-low frequency (ULF) waves to heat up the ionosphere. HAARP stands for "High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program".

High frequency. So, as HAARP operates at high frequency, I'm not sure how it can be implicated in these ULF that have been observed by DEMETER.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nice post

although there are many folks around the world who attribute this to earthquakes and yes I agree in thinking it cause the Haiti

I mean how many billions of dollars still hasnt been processed and is still stuck in money "purgatory"

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by emsed1

Contrary to what you have stated, HAARP doesn't use ultra-low frequency (ULF) waves to heat up the ionosphere. HAARP stands for "High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program".

High frequency. So, as HAARP operates at high frequency, I'm not sure how it can be implicated in these ULF that have been observed by DEMETER.

Regards,

Mike

Good point.

Is it possible though, that using HF transmissions to heat up the ionosphere could trigger ULF waves from rock movements or shifts?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Here's a good quote from the HAARP FAQ page:

Can HAARP be used to generate ELF?

Yes. However, the HAARP facility does not directly transmit signals in the ELF frequency range. Instead, ELF signals are generated in the ionosphere at an altitude of around 100 km. Frequencies ranging from below one Hz to about 20 kHz can be generated through this ionospheric interaction process.

How much difference is there between ELF and ULF?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
OK based on what I am reading, although HAARP transmits in the HF range the signals are transmitted in a circular oscillation at 0.9Hz creating a stable "corkscrew" signal.

In effect ULF particle/waves are being generated that can interact both with the magnetosphere, and they can penetrate the ground.

The US Navy experiments with ULF waves (lower the frequency, farther the transmission) that travel directly THROUGH the earth to reach ships.

I doubt if HAARP is purposefully 'making' earthquakes, but it seems reasonable that if it is emitting ULF waves that interact electromagnetically and physically with the earth there could be some potential for trouble.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Doh! I think I DO have the smoking gun:

NASA HAARP ULF Experiment with DEMETER

In addition to ground-based observations, the DEMETER satellite also provided space measurements of the heating effects during its passes over HAARP. The DEMETER results showed direct detection of HAARP ULF waves at 0.1 Hz. Moreover, density dips were observed every time HAARP was operated at CW mode, which provides clear evidence of duct formation by direct HF heating at F peak.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Ground based receiver doesn't mean the EM waves are in the ground. Rather, they are just receivers on earth rather than at sea or in the air. Generally they use loop antennas or long wires.

Using HAARP to generate ULF is like modulating a carrier wave, basically AM radio.

No smoking gun here.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
again i suggest you youtube the episode from Jesse V. its quite scary.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

I think I'll pass. Jessie Ventura is just TV BS. I can't understand anyone associating with that clown.

There is a fundamental difference with detecting some EM activity from an earthquake or other geophysical event and causing the same event with EM waves. If I bypassed the safety on a microwave oven, I could fry my hand. But there is no way on earth for my hand to produce microwaves.

new topics

top topics

join