It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Pro-War people must watch this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Link

*WARNING! GRAPHIC CONTENT!!*

Here's what you won't see on the news!

E_T

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There's veryr good story: (this was on Weaponry forum)

www.realcities.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hyrmm, the pro-warians don't want to respond.

Makes one wonder.......

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's devastatingly horrible.

Here's the thing, I don't know what to think about Bush. I see signs of him that lead me to believe he's a good christian who is telling the truth, and I also definitely have picked up on some things that would lead me to believe the exact opposite. I'm sure I will come to a decision, I always do, but as of yet, I still need more time.

I will say this: If our reasons for invading Iraq are genuine and for the reasons that were told us, then I have no problem with this war. Even after seeing those gut-wrenching pictures that capture only a part of what I'm sure is utter violence and despair, I still would say it was a good thing. This is all assuming we are doing what we've been told we are doing.

If it's the opposite, then I believe it's a sick thing to have people on both sides dying for whatever the reason is that it's happening. I tend to shift back and forth because, honestly, I DON'T know for SURE which is right. In a world of inundating information coming from every direction and different stories, and different versions of the same story, it's hard to filter through to the truth.

Regardless of why the war is going on, those pictures make me thankful for the life I've been blessed with. A life that I don't necessarily deserve, or that very few at all deserve. They are terrible accounts of reality. It makes me hurt for those suffering on both sides. And even if the Iraqis are being abused by our people, I refuse to believe that it's because our men and women (save for the exceptions in Abu Graib) are malicious. If something like this is happening, it comes from higher up. And our troops are victims in a certain way as well.

Also, this is not just about Bush. He is not solely responsible for these decisions, or any others that he mandates. I suspect that he may just be a puppet and doesn't have much choice in matters whether he likes them or not. Same with the other presidnets of recent times. Even if he lied to us and Iraq is all a lie and all these people are dying and Bush loves all of it, it still goes beyond just him. People must realize this so that Bush isn't the only target, while other guilty people are free of what they have done as well.

Also, Saddam was an evil man as well. And so if we truly are there actulally liberating, then I am for this war. People who support war aren't idiots who aren't aware of what happens during war, (well, most aren't) but they support it because sometimes war is a necessety when certain things are at stake, namely lives of people and whole races of people. War is necessary to stop evil people out of control. Saddam was such a man. Now, we just have to wait and see if Bush is any better. So I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's pleasant for people to create things like this to show the worst of humanity, which is there in Iraq, here in America, and all over the world.

Unfortunatly we live in a discusting world and sometimes the things we as humans do is forced and without choice. Iraq was certainly an optional war, but one they have been gunning for for a long time.

I think it's sad that on the other side people can boil it down to the simplest pieces, which does not begin to explain the complexity of the world and the choice that need be made sometimes.

Truth be told, this is a garbage thread because it truthfully does nothing although parts of the video are certainly horrible, but such is the world.

Most of us would like to make the world better, so let's get off the party politics band wagon and open up some reasonable conversation so that we may learn and perhaps dig out some of the # we live in and through.

top topics

join