It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai says he choose the Taliban over the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Washington Post

Karzai speaking at a meeting recently ....

As he spoke, he grew agitated, then enraged. He told them that he now has three "main enemies" - the Taliban, the United States and the international community.

"If I had to choose sides today, I'd choose the Taliban," he fumed.

After a few more parting shots, he got up and walked out of the wood-paneled room.

So ... what is THIS all about?

- Perhaps he thinks his life is in danger by the Taliban so he's gotta' bite the hand that feeds him.
- Perhaps he isn't getting what he wants from the USA and is playing games.
- Perhaps the strains of the job are finally getting to him. (there have been MANY rumors on this)
- Perhaps he's doing the ol' switcheroo of sides .. they do that alot over there. Whoever has the
best deal gets the loyalty .. temporarily ..

The US made this twinkie-butt ... they can bust him.
The Taliban can bust him too. So can the Russians.
He, and that cape of his, have flown around the world
and been wined and dined by all sorts of folks.

Karzai's party looks to be about over.

edit on 12/14/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, he is on the ground, and in the thick of things...
and maybe even, in the know...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Karzai, and his govt., are about as corrupt a bunch as the US, in its infinite wisdom, has ever foisted off on a people... You'd think, after fifty years of screwing this sort of thing up, they'd someday get it right...

*sigh*

Not sure what triggered this particular outburst, nor do I care. In an open, and fair, election Karzai and his crowd would be gone... I don't know who's doing the cheating, though I can guess, but if Afghanistan is to ever become a unified nation, it's time, and past, for the US, and other nations, to butt the hell out.

Afghanistan for Afghans.

It's truly amazing how much my views have changed over time...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
apparantly Richard C Holbrook who just died
his last words before he went into surgery were
"you have got to stop the war in afghanistan"

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
apparantly Richard C Holbrook who just died
his last words before he went into surgery were
"you have got to stop the war in afghanistan"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??
Really?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

did he really say that?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Karzai, and his govt., are about as corrupt a bunch as the US, in its infinite wisdom, has ever foisted off on a people...

Very true.

It's not like there were great pickings there for the Afghan people. The Taliban killed off the legit leadership just before they pulled 9/11 (if I remember the timing correctly). The Afghan people would have either the Taliban or the Karzai bunch to choose from. Neither is good for them. With us or without us .. they'd get corruption in their government... just like every other country on the planet.

I'm still thinking Karzais reign is coming to an end very shortly. One way or another.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Of course he does, the poor people have been caught up in ongoing conflict for generations. What the hell does the Taliban have to do with 9/11 anyway? The only accepted justification for the US alliance being there in the first place is to build an oil pipeline and grow poppies. Something that would never be secure while in a perpetual state of war. Something that is not acceptable when you can't be honest with the people about it.

If we must be there then it is not with guns, but education if we really want to make a positive difference.

top topics

join