It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bradley Manning Being Tortured?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Is Bradley Manning being tortured?
Could the USA be that stupid?
14 Dec 2010 15:31 | by John W. Daly in Münster

"Allegations are flying around on Twitter that Bradley Manning, the incarcerated whistleblower accused of leaking material showing the USA's wrongdoings in the Middle East, is being tortured.

Salon.com's Glenn Greenwald twittered "a major story brewing is the cruel, inhumane treatment - torture - to which Bradley Manning is being subjected". According to Greenwald, more is to be revealed later.

Manning is currently holed up in a military prison where conditions are bound to be very harsh. His superiors might see view his actions as treason, giving him an especially rough time."

Read more: www.techeye.net...

No evidence as yet, but sadly, I wondered if this might be the case, especially with them wanting at all costs to have a case against Assange. An accusation against Assange by Manning might be their only real hope. May God help that poor man.

edit on 14-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There is no reason to torture him.. he already spilled. He already said all he had to well before he was arrested as well. It is already well known even by the public the who, where, why, when and what of what he did.. and who he did it with/for. There is no more information to be gained by torturing him..... I rather think he is ridiculed more than tortured.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
There is no reason to torture him.. he already spilled. He already said all he had to well before he was arrested as well. It is already well known even by the public the who, where, why, when and what of what he did.. and who he did it with/for. There is no more information to be gained by torturing him..... I rather think he is ridiculed more than tortured.

Well, I hope you're right, but there are clearly some other people who think otherwise. I'll wait to see what the further details are.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think it's highly possible that they are trying to cut deals with him to lay absolutely everything he knows on the table. They would be fools to torture him... A whistle blower.. You know.. Lessons learned and all that..lol!

Than again... maybe not!

IRM

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I hope not. Running stories about it will try and fear people into complying with our evil dictators wishes.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If this is true than f*ck the United States Government!

Yeah, I said it!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

If this was the case then they wouldnt be doing it.. theres a very good chance that he might still have information thats yet to be released and they could be trying to get him to spill the beans on that stuff or who has the information or "device with info on it".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They could also be trying to 'persuade' him to tell a couple of lies about Assange's involvement in obtaining the information.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

He wouldnt have to open his mouth at all and it would be easy to see what devices were loaded with what and when and to whom they were given. All of his conversations with the "mystery person" have already been viewed. He even thought he was really cool putting info on a lady gaga cd..
He's stupid little kid playing a game.. someone used him and he has no loyalty to that person.

This is NOT the first time this has happened. Even recently at Scott AFB it happened.. person busted. He wouldnt have had to open his mouth because all of the informaiton was already there for his arrest and prosecution. This happens all the time.. but the difference is that wiki was high profile and pointed right at Manning.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Manning is so lawyered up it wouldn't be possible. Probably gets a visit from some Human Rights Organization everyday anyway.

He is scum, no worse than any Muslim terrorist, but I am sure he is not being "tortured."

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Manning is so lawyered up it wouldn't be possible. Probably gets a visit from some Human Rights Organization everyday anyway.

He is scum, no worse than any Muslim terrorist, but I am sure he is not being "tortured."

He is scum

new topics

top topics

join