It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Fox News pundits saying Assange could be EXECUTED under Espionage Act!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just when I think the corpomedia shills and pundits at Faux news can no longer surprise me with their PATHETIC propaganda and attempts to brainwash their audience, along comes a clip like this that has me just shaking my head in disbelief.

This 'newscaster' (who is nothing more than a corpo-gov mouthpiece) goes on and on, painting Assange as an 'enemy combatant', and starts bringing up the unbelievably treasonous 'espionage act' as a means to invoke against him to have him EXECUTED.

This one has to be seen to be believed. Another all new low for these people...They are showing their transparency more and more by the day people.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Perhaps even testing the waters to how people feel about executing someone rummaging for the truth?
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Perhaps the US media and government should be charged under the Espionage Act as well. They spy on other agencies, other countries and, worst of all, they spy on US citizens.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
first of all he is an Australian citizen not sure it qualifies as treason, I think the reset button needs to be hit pronto, I want off this circus ride already

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Fox "news" has a serious problem here. Julian Assange is white. The average fox viewer is having alot of trouble because..although they really want to do whatever fox tells them to do...they are having some issues with identifying Julian as a terrorist or someone that is against America due to him not being brown.

Those crafty people at wikileaks putting a white man as their figurehead and confusing the simple brains.

incidently, I guess that means all the websites and news agencies around the world that reported on the classified documents are also up for execution for passing along information from the leaks.

Hmm...I wonder if Fox did -any- converage of anything in the documents so far.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Perhaps all the ENRON exectutive, Wall Streeters, and the Savings and Loan hucksters should be indicted under the "Espionage Act" as well. It is illegal to tamper with the US economy and the US energy industry. Double standards make me sick!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
so how come the media are deciding the punishment for something that somebody did, that the media themselves took part in?

is this not a matter for the courts?
edit on 14-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Rockefeller gave the media a rollicking yesterday, and named Fox one of his targets. I guess the message was understood and effective.

second

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Perhaps the US media and government should be charged under the Espionage Act as well. They spy on other agencies, other countries and, worst of all, they spy on US citizens.

Yep, Hillary and Barry should be charged with espionage by other countries. But no, all this focus on Assange is designed to distract from the US crimes which have been committed. It's the same strategy they always use....point the finger at others and whip up a huge furore about them.

How I would love it if someone pressed charges of espionage against them...but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

First Assange have to be in the US custody to be charge with US laws, second he has to agree that he committed a crime.

As long as Assange is oversea US can no do a darn thing.

So let the bobble heads talk anything they can, went I see Assange in the US then we can talk about how to kill him.

Most congress should be charged for treason and they are still in power.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And in ANOTHER newscast, former U.S. attorney general and Bush team criminal, Michael Mukasey, ALSO says that Assange could be executed under this same dispicably treasonous statute:

Seems the spin doctors are working overtime as of late!

Pathetic...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think Naomi Wolf sums up the egregious mention of the Espionage Act here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I believe attempting to invoke this horrific act should be considered treason against the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Heh!~ Yes, its a punishment ont he books. Manning could also be executed. However, its not happening. Many reasons... dont let the talking heads get you in a lather. Thats what they WANT.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Board games suck.

new topics

top topics

join