It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange free. Granted bail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

edit on 14-12-2010 by danielhanson420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Julian Assange's lawyer Mark Stephens says Sweden's decision to appeal is 'unfortunate'

I bet he's said a few stronger words than that ^ over this..... if they win the appeal then it's cut and dry this is all a farce, I'd imagine (I have no proof) the UK gov have had a phone call or two from Obama pulling a few friendly strings, I guess all we can do is now wait... grrrrr...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Originally posted by DarrenBent
Swedes have appealed agains the bail release. Assange will stay in gaol until the appeal is ruled on.

This whole thing stinks to high hell.

Iv just signed you on football manager 2011

And I agree this whole thing stinks, He is been kept in solitary and he isnt evan guilty of anything yet, plus the 200k bail is disgusting, iv never heard of an accused rapist getting bail that high before.

Even more disgusting is that he's not even being accused of actual rape.

It's an obscure Swedish law, that requires a man to wear a condom during intercourse, which apparently Assange either did not wear, or wore one which slipped or came off during sex.

Similar to obscure English laws that no one knows or bothers about.

Here are a few nutty laws that are *STILL* valid (believe it or not!)

Source (plenty of others available): doncasterhaikupoet.blog.co.uk...

No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Chief Constable.

All land must be left to the eldest son.

Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.

Those wishing to purchase a television must also buy a license...unfortunately the government and the BBC don't think this is a strange, out-dated law at all.

With the exception of carrots, most goods may not be sold on Sunday.

All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.

London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.

It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).

It is illegal for two adult men to have sex in the same house as a third person.

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI).

Chelsea Pensioners may not be impersonated.

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.

And so on..

That is not rape, it's not sexual assault, it's not even rational ffs!

They are simply fitting him up, and the world know it. It's amazing to me how the 'official' people hounding Assange and WL, are pouring petrol onto the fires licking up around their heels, they are doing much more damage to themselves than WL and Assange have ever done.
edit on 14/12/2010 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sweden - just another bitch to the USA

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The President of the European Commission gave an intriguing response, when asked about wikileaks. The EU Commission has described the revelations as "freedom of expression" and a procedure that "our democracies" have to live with. Wikileaks, in their eyes, is integral to a free society.

United States lawmakers can forget about Assange arriving on their soil - I doubt the EU or the European Court of Human Rights will let him be extradited.

what an official says in pulic and what they do behind the scenes are very differnt things. america have alot of power over europe. so i wouldnt hold your breath when it comes to the E.C.H.R

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't really know the circumstances around his going to solitary.

I never said they couldn't take his passport.

I never even mentioned the attacks on those sites or said that I support the attacks, neither did Assange.

He likely didn't commit those crimes (you would have him go to jail regardless), and he is definitely not guilty of blackmail. (before you address this line you should address the priors if you intend to respond at all, it would be a cop out to ignore all the fallacies of your comment)

edit on 14-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wonder if that failed terror attack in sweden as taken this story out of their news a bit?
2nd

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have just read on a Germany news site here:

www.tageschau.de...

that Sweden has ACCEPTED the bail. So he will be free!!!

But he has to wear an eletronic device that prevents an escape...

Guys are we talking about someone who committed mass murder? I am still thinking that this is some kind of bad joke...
edit on 14-12-2010 by mrMasterJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrMasterJoe
I have just read on a Germany news site here:

www.tageschau.de...

that Sweden has ACCEPTED the bail. So he will be free!!!

But he has to wear an eletronic device that prevents an escape...

Guys are we talking about someone who committed mass murder? I am still thinking that this is some kind of bad joke...
edit on 14-12-2010 by mrMasterJoe because: (no reason given)

Obviously they were not up to date. No blame to them. Even a TIME reporter, who was there all day went back to his office, thinking the Swedes would not appeal.
Everybody was surprised. Also German RTL reported, that Assange was free, but when they asked their reporter in London, they learned, that this is not the case yet.

It's up to the court now, how long they need to make a decision. Could last 48 hours...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Not to the U.S., but should they let him go to Sweden for the rape charges he could very well be sent to the U.S. And of course there might very well be other people in the U.K. pushing for him to be sent to Sweden for just that reason (extradition) though claiming it's for the charges against him.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He isn't FREE, he is still in jail. He was granted $315,000 bail that must be approved by the Swedish government and they said they'd fight it.

He isn't going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Yes, the news are changing right up to the minute.
Those suckers... It is totally crazy what they do. Completely absurd.
TPTB will soon get a "game over" on any of their actions. For sure.

Justice will win. Truth will win. WE will win.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Blah. I hate the four hour window. I was going to update the headline to add (update: pending appeal).
Time limit on editing = dumb.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Yes. I'm aware. I am following the thread.
Since I started this thread the story has changed three times, and now I can't update because of the edit time window (as I just posted about).

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
With Assange being released on bail this tells me it's for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) The US government has thorough reviewed the contents of the 'insurance file' and knows that if this information is released it's game over as the information would have devestating effects.

2) He was released so a hired assassin can get to him and we can read about him dying in an 'accident'.

I tend to believe #1 is the most plausible scenario at this point......

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Should the Swedish appeals not go through.
www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What if they let him post bail so they can have their chance to take him out? I know it sounds crazy but, crazier things have happened. If he was in protective custody in jail, they couldn't do it there.. Too obvious.
I'm merely speaking hypothetically btw. Seems as though he has a growing list of people considering him as a threat. Surely the U.K wouldnt be that stupid to let that happen i would hope. I think they know what the outcome would be as far as the supporters go.

No offense U.K.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

With Assange being released on bail this tells me it's for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) The US government has thorough reviewed the contents of the 'insurance file' and knows that if this information is released it's game over as the information would have devestating effects.

2) He was released so a hired assassin can get to him and we can read about him dying in an 'accident'.

I tend to believe #1 is the most plausible scenario at this point......

He has to be released first, and that is anyone's guess if that will happen. BTW who is going to foot the $315,000 bill to get him out in the first place? You think he actually has that kind of access to cash?

As for the poison pill, he already lied once about it; being release if he was ARRESTED which he was, yet nothing was done. Big surprise there.

So the government, I bet isn't really worried about what he says anyway, or he'd done kept his word, which again he hasn't so no big deal.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
What if they let him post bail so they can have their chance to take him out? I know it sounds crazy but, crazier things have happened. If he was in protective custody in jail, they couldn't do it there.. Too obvious.
I'm merely speaking hypothetically btw. Seems as though he has a growing list of people considering him as a threat. Surely the U.K wouldnt be that stupid to let that happen i would hope. I think they know what the outcome would be as far as the supporters go.

No offense U.K.

My thoughts exactly. Can't have some guy whack him in custody. That would be just too much for the public to swallow. (Then again, maybe not. We'll believe anything).

"OSWALD!!!!" (bang)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

He handed himself in theability... so it's not really the same as him being arrested ad-hoc is it...... I want to know what he's sitting on as much as most on this site, some how I think it's going to be BIG!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join