Pole dancing to make it to the 2016 Olympics??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

no one is bashing pole dancing, .....

.... well,

that was before OS came along of course.

Typical

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Karate (it has been in the olympics, it just wasn;t voted for this time)
MMA
Football (No one else in the world plays it)
Rugby (It is in the Olympics right now)
Golf (It is in the Olympics right now)
Sumo
Rock Climbing (It IS a recognized Olympic sport, and will be up for a vote in 2016)
Water Skiing (Was a demonstration sport in 1972)
Bowling (What type?)
Baseball (recently excluded) (excluded to be replaced with Golf and Rugby)
Softball (recently excluded) (Excluded to be replaced with golf and rugby)
Inline Skating (Roller sports are being considered for 2016)
Skateboarding (Has no official body to represent it to be able to get into the olympics)
Surfing (Is a recognized Olympic sport)
Polo (Already has been in the Olympics)
Raquet ball

Pole dancing has been around since at least the 1920's WAY longer then MMA
edit on 14-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You just had to troll huh?? STOP TROLLING ANYTHING I POST. I have had it with you.

You can't compare this to sex or lap dancing and lap dancing and sex take NO skill. So go away!!!

Oh mblah...just because I don't share your view of pole dancing as a sport doesn't mean I'm trolling.

It's just that pole dancing, IMO, is not a sport. I bet some people who consider themselves great lap dancers would argue that lap dancing takes no skill.

It's nice that you completely ignored the rest of my post that listed more reputable and more competitive sports that should be in the olympics before pole dancing. In fact....I would support something like ball room dancing in the olympics before pole dancing. I just don't see it as a sport...it is simulated sex...pole...girl wraps leg around pole...grind and slide...that's it.

You need to understand that when you make a thread, anyone can come and comment on it...and people don't have to agree with your opinion. No reason to get all upset and start yelling at people for disagreeing or making jokes. People will make jokes about this topic...because it is funny.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yes, most of those are recognized Olympic sports...but that doesn't mean they are IN the Olympics.

And yes Golf and Rugby will be included in upcoming Olympics...and I think they should.

I don't care how long pole dancing has been around...it isn't as popular as MMA. MMA is world wide and may be one of the fastest growing sports in the world.

I still think pole dancing is silly to be considered for the Olympics...just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm sure it takes skill and physical ability. So does high-rise window washing and crab fishing. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of considering anything incorporating the word "dancing" as a sport.

If music is a required component of the "competition" (performance), it's not a sport.
If the only way to win is the subjective judgment call of a panel of judges, it's not a sport.
If it involves "costumes" (or ribbons on a stick), it's not a sport.

If it's not a sport, it shouldn't be in the Olympics. But then, the Olympics jumped the shark as pure athletic competition as soon as they permitted events that were won solely based upon judges' opinions. Speed skating?
Ice dancing? Aw HELL no.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting. If they had it on the Olympics, I might even watch it. It would be even more entertaining if it was like this:

Go pole dancing!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
**** REMINDER ****

Please remain on topic.

Thank You.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maybe if on the way down the runway, a pole vaulter could segue into a little merengue move as a compromise?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Pole Dancing is a spectacular sport!

The strength and beautiful grace of these gals is truly astounding! It would be a great addition to the Olympic games.

S&F

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Those are some pretty cool videos. Im not going to refute that it does take alot of endurance and muscle to do that kind of thing, but I would also rather see other things in the olympics. Like Outkast said, Ballroom Dancing would be awesome, I always loved Ballroom Dancing to it would be cool to see that make it. Theres just so many other sports out there, Ide like to see some of the others on that list as well. Im sure pole dancing will have its time, but not for now.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think this is a really good idea. It's an art form its basically gymnastics with the bar tipped over. I want to take lessons but I can't find anyone to take them with me, it seems like a lot of fun and a good work out.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Pole Dancing became an Olympic Sport in the years to come, along with Worm Charming, Shin Kicking, Ferret Legging, Cheese Rolling and Wife Carrying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join