It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown To me guns are inherently evil objects that have been designed to kill our fellow man and therefore are evil as is to use a gun to kill.

I was hoping to see a much more subjective approach to the topic, instead you have already compramised your bias. Therefore, this shouldnt even be worth arguing because it boils down to this: I have my reasons, you have yours. Its just as simple as that.

Everyone ignore this topic, this isnt a discussion. It was created to start up a ruse.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by projectvxn

Well yes that is my 5 year goal.

No its not,

The point is you really don’t have freedom of speech anymore, if the government passes a law saying that you can’t say something then you don’t have freedom of speech.

You don’t need guns, no one has answered my question yet.

And I don’t see the government coming to put you into a FEMA camp anytime soon

Well, let me clear this up for you. Since you obviously don't understand.

I need guns, to ensure that my Government does not try to infringe upon my rights. Thats what the Founding Fathers intended.

An unarmed populace, is like a flock of sheep. Very easy to manipulate. An armed populace is like a pack of wolves. You don't mess with a pack of wolves. They will tear you up.

Clear enough for you? We were provided with the right to bear arms, to keep the possibility of tyrants away. And we also have the right to choose not to as well.

And if you think that taking guns away from people ends death and violence, all countries have murders. People will find a way to kill people. History shows us that. So, you may as well outlaw knives, clubs. And oh yeah, rocks! Rocks are deadly projectiles!

In short, it's my right, and I really don't care if you like it or not. sounds like pure jealousy to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
OP.. Im looking for the one I spoke about.. but ran across another..

freestudents.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by ZombieWoof

Since they got rid of the hand guns, we’ve not really had any notable disaster on that scale it worked.

Level of magnitude. We've had guns here for a long long time and if they tried to ban them, only the criminal types would have them. I say tried because even if there is an official ban, there will still be millions of guns 'on the street'.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The answer to the first part of the question in your headline is already answered by the second part of your headline.

We need guns so that nobody will ever be able to just "rip up the second amendment"....or any other part of the Bill of Rights for that matter.

Congratulations, you answered your own question

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by kevinunknown

All I can say to you sir, is you obviously haven't been robbed at gunpoint.

I don't think he has.
Neither has ANYONE I know, in the UK.
Why?
Because gun's aren't that readily available in the UK!

But guess what, my brother was when he lived in Dallas.
His best man was when he lived in Atlanta.
And 2 groups of friends have been whilst holidaying in Florida!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

america can get rid of the second amendment any time it wants. all it requires is a constitutional amendment. do you not believe in democracy or something?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This one is too easy. Because criminals dont care about amendments. You are going to penalize only honests citizen and prevent them from defending themselves.

I got into this debate recently but it seemed a little bit of topic so I thought I would take a risk and write a thread myself asking the above question “why do Americans need guns?”

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I don't think he has.
Why?

Make a bet they had a piece it wouldn't of went down like that.

People can make any assumption they want but don't cry about being held up if they don't care to defend themselves... Just mull over and give them everything they want hell give them your wife and 9 year old daughter while your at it.
edit on 14-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You can rip up the 2nd amendment all you want, but it won't take away the people's right to bear arms. Our rights are inalienable and exist before any man made laws, including the Constitution. The Constitution does not give the people their rights.

You can't take away our rights. Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
When the tyrants of the world lay down their guns, I'll be among the first to lay down mine. The point of the 2nd Amendment isn't so we can go hunt or go shoot aluminum cans out in the desert, nor even to defend ourselves against common criminals. Governments should fear those they claim to have authority over.

The 2nd Amendment is an insurance policy--so that when they're through pillaging the principles of the 1st Amendment, we still have a way to "express oursevles".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In the end it really doesn't matter "why" does it?

All that matters is that you can't change it. Because your out gunned.

There are estimated over 2 or 3 hundred million (200,000,000 -300,000,000) guns in circulation among the US citizenry.

In comparison the Chinese military has a size of around 3 million, with a reserve pool of roughly 10 million. (13,000,000). Private guns are illegal in China, so there are far less guns per capita.

The United States regular militia is the largest military in the world, with the most sophisticated and diverse weaponry and there are millions of vets with prior battle field experience.

Also there are vast supplies stashed of food, fuel, etc throughout the nation all over the place.

I just don't see a conventional military strategy that could possibly even make a dent in that type of situation. "A gun behind every blade of grass" indeed....

You only have 2 real options to take down the people of the us. Biological weapons or full scale nuclear bombardment.

Or... infiltrate their politics and convince them to give up their rights to guns, and then begin mass gun disposal campaigns. That would work too, without using any weapons other than lies. Oh wait, isn't that happening already??

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Look mate, do what you want in the US, your country - do as you see fit.

My point was that I don't know of ANYONE who has been robbed at gunpoint here in the UK as it is very rare for criminals to have guns.
But I know people who have been robbed at gunpoint in the US.
No criticism, judgement or condemnation, just a factual observation.
Comparing the UK and US in this is ridiculous as they are two very different societies.

Whilst non-US citizens have no right to tell you what to do it is perfectly ok for them to share their opinion here on ATS and expect a reasoned debate on the pro's and con's of gun control in US society and not just gung-ho rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This whole thread is a troll thread, and to get stars and flags.........

no one is that ignorant .................atleast i hope

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
8 pages and still focused on Americans. Why is that? Why are people in the UK so obsessed with the US? The original topic is biased.

I'm not sure what they teach you cats in the UK but the US is NOT the ONLY country that allows FIREARMS in some sense. Like I said in my last post, the Swiss give their citizens assault rifles and yet they have almost no violent crime what so ever. Have you ever wondered why?

If guns aren't really the cause of the violence, then what is? Statistics reveal that when firearms are made unlawful, gun crimes doesn't go down. In fact, the opposite is true. Handgun violence goes up.

So removing the law that allows us to bare arms will increase gun violence. Is that your ultimate reason for wanting Americans to give up their right? Do you want more people to die because they are no longer allowed to defend themselves against those that don't care about the laws in the first place?
edit on 14-12-2010 by janon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I don't think he has.
Why?

I believe it.. and I would bet you that none of the guns used in the crimes were registered nor legal.

Its just not as simple as saying we shouldnt have guns here in the US. We have issues that you in the UK cant fathom. We not only have the flow of guns and drugs across the border.. but stolen guns going south to fuel the mexican criminals.. then tossed back up here when they cross the border. Its a true mess.. and we citizens are the losers if we arent armed. That doesnt take into account the inner city illegal gun trade all over the US.

My husband and I run a crime stoppers type organization in our area. We were transfered here and couldnt believe the crime.. and the reluctance of the police to do more than traffic stops while people are being robbed in their homes by ak-47 toting gangsters. It was a true eye opener.. and dealing with the organization and my face/name being out there.. we've drawn a target on our foreheads.. something we didnt realize was going to be such a huge deal when we started it. The armed citizens here are the only citizens that can feel even a little safe. The last big case we were involved in was only for info.. but the guns and drugs ( here its heroin and X mostly) .. we tracked them as far as detroit. They went from detroit to East St.Louis and then were made into much smaller shipments and distributed throughout Illinois and Missouri. I have no idea of the real origin of them.. the guns. The ATF dos obviously because it was interstate crime. The issue is that NONE of these guns had serials.. they were ghosts. The drug sales are used to purchase the guns. Then the guns are shipped up with more drugs for distribution and sales.The "gang" they went through were the Latin Kings and Travelers. Then they filtered to several of the black gangs here. Our gangs are no longer warring with eachother.. they have consolidated. WE the citizens are the enemy and not a rival gang anymore.

This is just a teeny tiny piece of the pie.. the whole reason we must stay armed here. The reasons will never be understood by the British. The politics, demographics, and isolation of the UK are too different to compare to us and our reasons as to why its necessary.. even beyond the consitutional rights issue.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

star
funny thing about China
if those peeps had been armed all along like the US
betcha they would be a republic too...
not a communist country

PS
I'm told the 1968 US gun control bill is almost word for word
the same as the pre WWll Nazi german guncontrol bill...
don't know myself
but its starting to look like it must have been

PPS
one way to defeat the well armed and stocked American Peeps
would be to trick them into fighting with each other
and I think that is a very real possibility
PPPS
they tried that once
the civil war
and the states rights were trashed

man I hope the peeps wake up in time
choosing the right target is important

edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: ps pps ppps

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Because it's my right.

I will stop a crime before my family, friends or fellow civilians are harmed by some POS.

And, if my life, liberty or pursuit of happiness is threstened (in a national emergency) I can quell any threat within a 1 mile radius.

Gos Bless The USA. Does God bless your country/union?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Americans don't need guns but they love feeling powerful.

They're items used for total destruction, that's it. It's disgusting how our Second Amendment has been abused by these gun crazy nutbags.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why do you care OP???
Why do all these people from around the world say they love living in their gun-free country and we should too?
I love living in my gun-filled country so why can't we both enjoy the countries that we love. Why do I have to be like you or visa versa????

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join