It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I didn't really think, as a woman who lived alone, that I needed a gun until a crazy man broke into my house late at night and made me fear terribly for my safety. I had a very lucky outcome but was freaked out after. I think it's totally justified to keep one hidden incase there is a house invasion of rapists/murderers and to blow their genitals or head off if my life or family is in danger. Also, if there's food shortage for any reason, better be prepared to go hunting out of necessity. Another reason I'm for it is simply for fun and sport. Not killing animals, just some target practice. My english husband loves shootin guns at the range here in america...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

"Gun crazy nutbags"?

I'll admit to being "gun crazy"... Perhaps even "nutbag"...on Sunday afternoons during the NFL season.

I've been a firearms owner for most of my fourty plus years on this big blue marble, and I've yet to hurt anyone with one. Nor do I sit on my porch hoping to do so. Nor do any of the many gun owners that I personally know.

As with most stereotyping, you've missed the mark by quite a margin... Most, and by "most" I mean the vast majority of legal, and illegal too, I suppose, firearms owners are unlikely to ever hurt anyone, save by horrific accident, with their weapons.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I feel the same way about people like you with closed minded opinions that serve to restrict
a human being's right to live, right to property and privacy. I wish we could abolish oxygen for those that
agree with such lunacy. See, when you speak of gun regulation, WHO do you think you are regulating?

I'm willing to bet you didn't think this through because I'm also willing to bet that people who don't
"register" their firearms/contraband, are bad people who do bad "things," am I right?

What you don't seem to understand is that gun regulation only works on those who
unlawfully agreed to register, background check and be entered into a Gov't database akin to being
labeled a terrorist. Serial numbers jotted down, fingerprints =these people did it the right way so on paper they agreed to the terms unlawfully imposed on them by the Gov't for "just in case shee happens."

Now, what about the people that didn't do this?
You cannot regulate what you don't know see or have on record.
Sure that big, wide van that drives by residences is able to see firearms if it isn't sheathed in lead
but really you are disarming the good people who responsibly bent over so Uncle Sam could legally, but unlawfully profile these people in the name of 9/11 which in itself is BS.

So you see, by disarming those who took the appropriate (and mandatory methods) of obtaining a legal
firearm, you have put them at risk when those that have illegally obtained the same firearms are allowed to roam unimpeded until they have been stopped, after how many victims on the floor? Right, exactly.

If you're American living in America, we don't know.
It's easy to comment on a nation over seas without being subjected to the harsh reality that
is the street unless you've been there. Privileged environments need not apply to respond, mmmk?

I'm sorry you feel the way that you do BUT it's not yours nor a group of people's job
to regulate/abolish the 2nd Amendment when in fact there IS a reason why our founding fathers
included it.

If you don't understand it, please do some research and find out.
Then you will understand. You would also understand that this nation was founded on a Republic
not a Democracy as you'd like to believe. Opinion debunked. We the people need amendments
like these. It's almost like saying "abolish the 1st amendment" -that way people won't be able to
say what they wish because it offends other people.

It is quite obvious that Gods Laws/Laws of Creation were the very basis for the Constitution.
It stands to reason you are able to do as you please just as long as you don't infringe upon the rights
of another, your equal.

I respect the fact you took the time to post your lop-sided opinion but
it honestly stinks to no end. It's not right.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Not to mention gun owners represent the vast minority.
I'm sure ignorance is behind the OP's mantra.
Having a gun (to someone with common sense) is for defensive purposes only.
Not to launch an offensive against anyone.

Don't tread on me means= Don't F with me, and I won't F with you.

Plain and simple.
However the U.S. Gov't is sorely mistaken if it thinks it can trample on MY rights, and/or
the rights of the American People.

If the masses weren't focused on HFCS laced fries, trans fattening McD's burgers, chicken
McNuggets filled with the entire chicken, facebook, and living a lie....they would be a powerful asset
to hold the Gov't in check....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is just funny, Why do Americans NEED guns? The question IMO almost answers itself. The question capturing the fact it is a need. Need as opposed to want. Because govt should fear it's people. Not the other way around. Through in the fact that even our govt. HAS BEEN corrupted to the core by the fantastically rich esoteric elitists. Where would we be with out our guns. Take away that right? Will guns become nonexistent? It seems you believe that. If so YOU arn't thinking, because WE would be the nonexistent. There's always the possibility you yourself are qan elittist. Off the wall with thatr questionj because guns do exist. Outlaw bows and arrows if you need to occupy your time. In fact I never agree with you about anything really. That's kind of annoying.
Rather trollish don't you think?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

In a perfect world you wouldnt need a gun and until we live in a perfect world well then most people with common sense will own guns. And we have all heard why do they call it common sense when its not that common.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I live in the country in the USA. I have guns, but never needed them. I really don't care much about the issue. To make a law against owning guns in the US would be against democracy, but we dropped democracy last week.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow OP! 57 pages.

Now I know how to generate some response.
Controversy and hot button issues sell.

My next thread will read: "The First Amendment is Communism in Disguise" or "Why the ___________ Gender is Stupid!" or "I Think The DHS Needs To Do More To Protect Me" or "ATS Readers Are Too Narrow Minded"

....just joking OP

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by silo13

I don’t have a car

I don’t have a Swimming pool.

OR A GUN!!!!

Environmentalists are going to kill us all anyway.

also, you are a perfect example of why the right to freedom of speech should be heavily regulated, just because you have a right doesn’t make it righteous.

edit on 14-12-2010 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

man your so brainless..
freedom of speech heavily regulated?
dose your paycheck say builderburg on it?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You must be thinking about the Canadian constitution, eh?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In my past, I carried a gun because I hated those I found in front of me. My continued presence is because I shot first and most accurately, and to a large degree because I cheated at every opportunity with loads of luck. To win was to survive.

Now I carry because I love those behind me.

The Creator made men.

Firearms made men equal.

Just add guts.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I'm for the Constitution and I know a democracy for America is a horrible ideal.
In a republic: your property cannot be taken.
In a democracy, IT can. Make sense?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Americans need guns to protect us from those who don't want us to have guns.

Foreign.

Or domestic.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Is it even possible to refer to someone as delusional and not have it be an insult? I sure hope so because as an insult it is not intended. I just feel for you because you have bought into the company line which has been rammed down the throats of so many since as early as grade school, "Guns are bad, naughty dirty things, the world would be better off without them, etc."

When tyranny comes knocking at your door or that of your neighbors there is but one dividing line and that is the gun, plain and simple. It really is that simple. Although many examples can be given as to the drop in crime as a result of less stringent gun laws in certain regions it still comes down to ones right to defend themselves from tyranny.

There are more than a few examples throughout history in which the common man was very fortunate to have had a few of those nasty things around when tyranny came a knocking and also a great deal of examples in which the common man would have wished he had them.

just my .02

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

"Mistaken" would be a better word. "Delusional" is not an apt description of the OP's thought process.

Firearms, like any tool, are only as safe as the user makes them. In, and of, themselves? Firearms are inert pieces of metal that can do nothing on their own.

To echo the member who said it first, The govt. should fear us, not the otherway around. We've forgotten that somewhere along the line... It's time to begin to remember that.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Exactly. A person that don't know how to properly handle, load and unload a gun can be dangerous to themselves and other. So can someone driving a bulldozer, or operating a car, or even swinging a hammer. A tool is a tool, and in the wrong hands can lead to injury and death, the same can be said for any tool really.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
look what happens when you leave people in charge of a country that don't know how to safety care for it? it becomes a dangerous weapon threatening to everyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
"Most notable quote"
Marian; 'Why do you carry a gun?'
Shane: 'A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.'
edit on 12/24/2010 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just received this email. I thought it might clarify why we were not invaded after Pearl Harbor: I do not know who posted it.

World's Largest Army: American Hunters

I don't spend my fall weekends tramping around the woods in pursuit of a buck, but a lot of my friends and neighbors do. I may not hunt, but I do tramp around the woods and I appreciate my RIGHT to bear arms. Always have, always will.

This blogger added up all the hunters in just a handful of states, and comes to a striking conclusion:

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great. There were over 600,000 hunters.

Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of
Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

His point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security. Now, it makes me wonder why a lot of Liberal congressional members want to ban firearms? It also re-enforces the reason for the Second Amendment.

No wonder why the Government fears the "PEOPLE"
I love my country. It's the PRESENT Government I'm afraid of.
God Bless America!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

You gotta be kiddin? I think that was a b-29,built and flown by americans. True or false? Was it not an american b-29,built in america,flown by americans that dropped those 2 a-bombs on japan? If I remember correctly the japanese surrendered [unconditionally] after the second bomb was dropped. Don't kid yourself!
One more thing...The americans hit OMAHA BEACH and took the bulk of the KIA's. One of your great thinkers..Marshall Mckluhan.. and I quote "Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an idenity". He said it,not me! A lot of countries lost a crapload of brave men and women to all those arseholes, but when it comes down to who towed the line in WW!! it was the americans. Peace

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join