It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
It comes to light every day almost,the reason americans should pack a gun.....

When guns are outlawed,only outlaws will have guns.

A lot of depraved individuals take it for granted that you will be unarmed,and consider it a given that you cannot defend yourself from them if they want to take advantage.

Things would be different if it was considered a given that you would be armed and able to defend yourself.

Opposite of what most would believe,it would be a more peaceful place.

It's more about responsibility than anything else,it ain't the wild west like so many think it is.

If those who would take advantage,could pretty much take it for granted we all had the means to defend ourselves,a lot less of this crazy stuff would happen on the streets.

LOL. This reminded me of my old e-mail signature..........

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt".

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

Latin: "When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Nice!!!!!!!

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Check and see if that netting isn't made of acrylic material. I'll give you seven to one that if it is man made it is acrylic or something close to it.. Hemp twine and burlap are good for concealment but will give your body signature away. Oh....Marion also spoke of this: She said that standard issue BDU's etc are made with, or have something embedded into them that can be detected from the air. They emit a signal of some kind or can be detected by the "dye" used in them. (RFID CHIPS?) Do you know anything about that?

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Ok, some conclusions till now:

Some Americans are deeply emotional about this issue , they dont like to debate with facts or even mention this issue.Calm down, 2nd amendment is still there and will be ,at least in near future.
Some Americans are little paranoid over this issue(fearing from invasion from other countries,fearing from concentration camps,forced vaccination,tyranny,marshal law... which is unreal ( Goverment have thousand more easier ways to force you to this things then going an open battle with you.)
Some Americans like Wild West or Gangs style and simply they are feel more secure or feeding their ego or they are on power tripping when they holding in their hands some gun or at shooting range.
Some americans dont know why they have or need guns .

I think that mostly Americans don't need guns ,they LOVE guns .
Sorry if i offended someone with posting on this thread ,but this is just debate ,we are not on shooting range. Have a nice day

You keep saying that you arent here for a fight and you just like to debate with facts and then you say things like the above...YOU HAVE IGNORED EVERY PIECE OF EVIDENCE that is contrary to your opinion.

You have no idea what youre talking about...Our way of life doesnt affect you so you have no right to tell us how to live our lives.

Heres some troll food...Nobody ever thought their government could ever throw them into a concentration camp; until it happened.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

Probably more along the lines of IR reflective dye...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Thank you! Know how to counter that?

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Uhhhhhh...pretty much just cover it up...Its only paint it cant seep through other stuff it has to be exposed

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thanks, I customized all my gear with "camo paint". "I would rather be darker and wrong than to be lighter and wrong". Baked it at 220 degrees for 10 minutes and have never washed it. That should put a "serious dent" into any "IR type dye". Appreciate your post. Thanks again.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

My understanding of special dyes is that they fade and disappear after being washed as little as 10 times...They also make bug resistant "dye" that they are putting in BDU's for jungle/woodland ops

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I dont know who is ignoring the evidence

Here is the proof ...from 44 europe countries Only Georgia ,Lithuania and Estonia have higher intentional homicide rate then US
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

ACUs have NIR treatment which conceals them from FLIR. They also have two tabs on either sleeve that reflect IR for ID at night, but you can cover it up with a flip up velcro tab. BDUs are no longer used by the US armed forces, but they did used to NIR treat them as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Don't mistake current "illegal" law with what the second amendment allows. They got away with passing ANY firearm control acts by making it a tax. You should really study your history. The individual states have passed laws banning certain types of firearms entirely, but that is unconstitutional, and hopefully, will soon be adjudicated as such.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

exactly, if you want to see the type of society that his thoughts generate, look at the movie demolition man, and all it takes is one Simon, to turn it into a kingdom run only to suit his interests.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

I dont know who is ignoring the evidence

Here is the proof ...from 44 europe countries Only Georgia ,Lithuania and Estonia have higher intentional homicide rate then US
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

i took the bait and i fell for it but i read the the first lins of the text aswell

The legal definition of "intentional homicide" differs among countries. Intentional homicide may or may not include assault leading to death, infanticide and assisted suicide or euthanasia. Intentional homicide demographics are affected by changes in trauma care, leading to changed lethality of violent assaults, so the intentional homicide rate may not necessarily indicate the overall level of societal violence.[2] They may also be underreported for political reasons.[3][4] Another problem for the comparability of the following figures is that some data includes attempts and other doesn't. This values may differ highly in some countries. For example, in Germany about 3 of 4 homicides are attempts.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Ok here have some of THIS

www.res.org.uk...

"His research shows that forecasts of crime trends fail to take proper account of what drives unreported crime"

So since the UK has a history of prosecuting the victims of crimes and allowing the perpetrator to go free why would you report a crime in the first place???

AND...

www.nationmaster.com... al-crimes-per-capita

Awwww crap...Theres a study that shows *GASP* More crime in the UK than in the US (per capita)

edit on 17-12-2010 by BingeBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

AND!

LINK

So since your government is more corrupt than mine; id say that the information being presented to you may be skewed to show that the govt is actually doing good with their legislating

And not to rub it in...But your "compensation" argument about genitals goes out the window too with this FERTILITY STUDY!
LINK

We are #124 and you are #176

BOOYA

edit on 17-12-2010 by BingeBob because: added linkys

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

hmm was quite supriced to find finland at a third but then again we are not more then 5.5 mil here

then again there are more vehicle accidents in the whole of finland then in london city which is quite paradoxial aswell not concidering snow and the toll´s ,

good find

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Pistols are useful for farmers/hunters too. if you shoot an animal with a shotgun and it is wounded say in the stomach, and you need to kill it instantly, you are not going to use a shotgun/rifle pointblank to shoot it in the head.

that's why handguns are legal in the uk, if you need them for this purpose.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Is there a way for a guy to treat his own clothes with NIR?

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'm sure there is but I haven't found it. Far as I know only the military has a contract to use that stuff.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join