It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
First i would like to say the Rambo theory worked, That is self evident in the existence of the second amendment.

Second, only "law abiding" Citizens will abide by your law of no firearms.

Inherently that leaves only the "criminals" and those deemed worthy of carrying a gun on behalf of the government.

Since the gov will have more weapons than the criminals,Who do you think will feed the criminals?

How do you believe the government will sustain itself in your fantastic no guns eutopia?

You might reconsider your opinions if you had both government and criminal wolves waiting for an opportunity to show you how wrong you really are.

Your statements are more telling of your personality than anything.You are lifeless and desolate,your soul is devoid of fire ,the darkness you are in will only consume you. That will be your legacy.

For the rest of us. We will be free in this life or there after,we have already won this fight.

Liberty or Death.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

and i stated that i'm not american Yes , like non american i learn some from this thread .But did americans learn something about our european mindsets from this thread?

Yeah we learned that you want Americans to become European robots...

Kind of ironic how Europeans seem to think that "everyone else in the world thinks like them except us Americans, and this means Europeans are always right"...

BTW i was a legal resident in Europe, well mainly Spain and portugal for almost 10 years. I know very well that European news don't like to show how violent your streets really are, meanwhile the media in the U.S. loves to show all crimes and this has made Europeans think the U.S. is more violent than Europe for decades, but in fact Europe is more violent, and has more crimes than we do in the U.S.

The U.S. states that decided to be more "European" is where you will find most crimes occur... so Europe...you can keep your love for banning legal guns and having more crimes.. Americans actualy learn from our mistakes...hopefully... i say hopefully because there are too many Americans as brainwashed about weapons as you are...
edit on 16-12-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
No, the second amendment was meant for Militias, not for citizens, and was designed so that Militias would always have the weaponry available to wage war against a FOREIGN Government, such as the British.

Oh jeezuz keerist you are so wrong you aren't even in the ball park:here: Michael Badnarik explains it to you

or these guys( also posted back somewhere in these 50 pages but some folks never get the message):

edit on 17-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The ban on grenade launchers does not come under the second amendment.
The ban on grenade launchers is because they fire a illegal explosive device

Under federal law you can own a 37mm gas grenade launcher that will not fire a fragmentation grenade but you can not own a 40mm that will.
www.everydaynodaysoff.com...
www.tucsonguns.com...

By the way i own a 37mm Cobray grenade flare launcher and have the mounts for my AR15.
After TSHTF i fugure that it will scare the *ra* out of anyone in a firefight when a big red burning ball comes flying at then along with the bullets.

Plus if anyone sees the launcher they will believe its a 40mm and think twice about attacking me.

Nah...id just ambush you and take your weapons and ammo...Unless of course we formed an alliance and obtained a couple of USGI 40mm launchers with HE ammo and cast aside the 37mm...

Come on...if you really put your mind to it (without fear of prosecution) you could design and build a 37mm HE round for your launcher

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

According to a report in 2007 there are about 230 rapes each day in the UK.

Same report shows firearm involved crimes jumping quite a bit too.

Pretty safe to say with 230 rapes and about 1 a day being shot to death there is at least one a week being raped and shot while somebody watches.

rds.homeoffice.gov.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
"an armed society is a polite society". I believe if everyone owned a gun criminals would think twice before brandishing thiers, due to simple self preservation.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wow. Near 50 pages of responses.

It goes like this: Guns dont kill people...PEOPLE kill PEOPLE.

As long as the criminals have guns...so will I.

And you can commit violence with anything. Box cutters to battery acid in the face.

Cars kill people, pets kill people, food kills people, heat and cold kills people, water and gas kills people....are you following me?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lance_covel

www.ghillie.com...

4 years ago I purchased a Ghillie suit from this company. The owner was under tremendous pressure from the DOJ and DOD due to the fact that this particular Ghillie is impervious to FLIR. The DOD classified this suit as "Munitions" so that the Government could "regulate" it. Since when do clothes become munitions? Right. This was done to ensure government control over this item. "Why"? It is because simple cheap basic technology was used to defeat the multi million dollar research used to produce the FLIR detection devices. "Acrylic" clothing worn properly eliminates FLIR detection by way of trapping body heat and dispersing it in such a way as to be undetectable by FLIR. OOPS!

You mentioned "regulating weapons". The Government already has "too many" regulations in place to keep "We The People" from the same technology that they (US Gov.) have. We invent it, they steal it and rule or regulate who can or cannot have access to it. Its time that "WE The People" "regulate" this out of control communistic government from out of our lives and out of this Free Nation. That is "real" regulation" with teeth". Try buying 4g Night Vision equipment. Only the military and cops have access to this technology at this time. Why? It gives them the advantage. Sure we need to be "ahead" and stay ahead of those that wish us harm. Granted. However, we must ask ourselves whether or not this puts the "Average Joe" at risk when it comes to his personal defense, that of his family and the ability to combat anything and any one that would attempt to rule this nation by way of a "dictatorship". Technology "cuts" in both directions.

You noticed that the "site" has been shut down. I know the owner, Norma Marion. She told me a few years ago that the Government would come and shut her down. She came across this technological break through while making winter clothes for her children. Now the government has shut her down.
Are you sure that "regulation" for weapons is a "good" Idea? I do not. The second amendment says "the right to own and bare arms", it does not "regulate", "specify", or "restrict" what type of "arms" we may own or use. Think about it.

The government is willing to put every American at a disadvantage to maintain their power while stripping us of our constitutional rights. Those in power over our military are those who are at fault. That is from "the top on down". "The downfall of every great nation is due to the lack of good leadership". You do remember who made that quote....right? It is the so called "leaders" that continuously screw things up. Then, we the people are tasked with the job of "setting things right" at the cost of our family, friends and freedoms. Meanwhile, those in power continue their game of trickery and laugh at us behind our backs. Enough!

Be Advised: The present US government is not your friend. I served 4 years of honorable military duty (72-76). I have stood in places where I normally would not have been and heard and saw things I wasn't meant to hear or see. In addition, I was ordered to do things that were questionable when it comes to serving this nation with honor. (SO)
Any one that puts their fullest confidence in today's government is a fool by definition.
Don't be anyones fool. "States Rights" only , not a Federal Government dictatorship.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

If I'm not mistaken that FLIR defeating and winter warming tech was a mylar type layer in the clothing.

Wonder why the gov doesnt just ban mylar? Will the fed come and arrest me for making a mylar jacket?

Probably.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This is why I have NIR treated ACUs, Multi-cam, and BDUs. I also have some neat camo netting that does not show up on FLIR, if I really wanted to make a ghillie with anti-FLIR technology I could.

There are still plenty of places to get sheets of mylar and other materials that will accomplish the same thing. There are always ways around dumb government regulations, and this should just stand as another example of government 'regulating' things they can't even control..
edit on 17-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It comes to light every day almost,the reason americans should pack a gun.....

When guns are outlawed,only outlaws will have guns.

A lot of depraved individuals take it for granted that you will be unarmed,and consider it a given that you cannot defend yourself from them if they want to take advantage.

Things would be different if it was considered a given that you would be armed and able to defend yourself.

Opposite of what most would believe,it would be a more peaceful place.

It's more about responsibility than anything else,it ain't the wild west like so many think it is.

If those who would take advantage,could pretty much take it for granted we all had the means to defend ourselves,a lot less of this crazy stuff would happen on the streets.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

He wrote:
Originally posted by xavi1000

and i stated that i'm not american Yes , like non american i learn some from this thread .But did americans learn something about our european mindsets from this thread?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You wrote:
The U.S. states that decided to be more "European" is where you will find most crimes occur... so Europe...you can keep your love for banning legal guns and having more crimes.. Americans actualy learn from our mistakes...hopefully... i say hopefully because there are too many Americans as brainwashed about weapons as you are.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Conclusion:

Your target "was" at 1222 yards. You "dialed 26.5 MOA" up, and adjusted for a 3-5 mph 3/4 value wind. You took your three breaths, held, then and squeezed the trigger. "Target zeroed and acquired with the highest probability of impact". Evac. to extraction point in 3 mics plus 2. Pop smoke!
Nice shot! and right on target! "+" Too many Americans are indeed "brainwashed" and have no clue to what is going on. Most wouldn't know how to deal with the situation even if they knew what was going on. Your post is absolutely "right on"!

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Oh you snipers and your crazy talk...

Translation "Aim above the head one dime to the (oops I meant)LEFT and watch it come off. Now run."

edit on 17-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
You do realize disarming America will be one of the bloodiest wars ever undertaken by mankind dont you?

Do you think we will just lie down and surrender?

You need to think again my friend.

At least educate yourself on what you will face.

This is just bizarre.. you sound like a satire of Charlton Heston, or a character from a weird movie!

I'm with the OP - we have gun control laws here as well, and very little gun crime. Yay!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

www.youtube.com...

There are more sites available.

Mylar is also used in bullet proof vests and for making amphibious water craft units. The reason, as was stated, was for the Gov to eliminate this site and other sites from the public view and access. This is done to maintain their advantage of tracking us by way of FLIR or any other tracking system. They are tracking us using RFID chips even in our tires, clothes, bank cards, cars etc.

www.thefreelibrary.com...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This was posted on another article.

reply to post by Kurotachi

www.nextag.com...
www.electromax.com...
www.amazon.com...=asc_df_B003IGPVU21355697?smid=A3SPLR0MSOYZ8O&tag=nextagusmp0357647-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASI N=B003IGPVU2

Try it again and see if it works.

2cd Amendment, you have the right to own and bare arms. Get your weapons, train with your weapons until you know them inside out. Field strip and clean your weapons. Get more than enough ammo for each weapon. Practice, practice, practice.

Scoutsniper
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The government will do everything and anything in its power to "control" the "masses". That would be us.

My words? "Screw them"! Live Free! Hope this helps you out

Scout sniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Mil dots or MOA's? MOA's for those of us who are "mathematically challenged".

My choice? nightforceoptics.com...

NXS 8X32X56 NPR-2 Illuminated Reticle, ARD, Butler Creek Covers.

What unit did you serve with and what MOS did you hold.... If I may ask?...........Don't tell me you worked in supply because I'll know that "ain't right".

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
All I know is this American is taking his fiance to the range and getting a few guns for a gun safe in our closet. Texas law allows me to defend myself and my family, and the new house we just got.

Sorry, but I'll be keeping the 2nd amendment in my Constitution. Thanks anyways.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ok, some conclusions till now:

Some Americans are deeply emotional about this issue , they dont like to debate with facts or even mention this issue.Calm down, 2nd amendment is still there and will be ,at least in near future.
Some Americans are little paranoid over this issue(fearing from invasion from other countries,fearing from concentration camps,forced vaccination,tyranny,marshal law... which is unreal ( Goverment have thousand more easier ways to force you to this things then going an open battle with you.)
Some Americans are connected with guns with over 200 years tradition,their families held and passed this tradition from knee to knee till today and i can't see nothing wrong with this .This is in their blood.
Some Americans like Wild West or Gangs style and simply they are feel more secure or feeding their ego or they are on power tripping when they holding in their hands some gun or at shooting range.
Some Americans like to have a guns as sports,for hunting etc etc.Nothing wrong .
Some americans have guns in home strictly for self defence and they dont carry a guns in public places and they keep away the guns from people eyes.Personally i dont have a gun in my house but i can't see nothing wrong in this .
Some americans dont know why they have or need guns .

I think that mostly Americans don't need guns ,they LOVE guns .
Sorry if i offended someone with posting on this thread ,but this is just debate ,we are not on shooting range. Have a nice day

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Halzman

May I suggest the Springfield Armory "XD" tactical (.357 Sig). Your "finger" is the "safety".

You are correct. The "ape" is just seeking attention...if you know what I mean. Good Post!

Scoutsniper

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join