It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by xavi1000

wow thank you for the rather kind reply...apprecaition given back at ya

Thanks,we humans can solve every issue with words ,we dont need guns

You know this old quote : word is stronger than sword
edit on 15-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

just ask Martin Luther King how that turned out for him. He battled with words and look what he got in return.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pinchanze

This is a quote fro the second paragraph of our Declaration of Independence:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

This piece is most important to me,"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,"
History clearly shows that the only way to alter or abolish any form of government is with force, that is why the Second Amendment exists.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Righteous! I could not have said that any better.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
The best defense against tyranny is a well armed populace. We have it and you can't take it away. Ever.

Ok, mate i understand your points very well.We have just different opinions.
Imo The best defense against tyranny is a well educated and good informed populace.And i don't want you to take right to gun and i can't ,we are just debating

Sorry "well educated" sounds like a euphemism for" the endless philosophical political debates on the finer points of collectivist philosophy."

As Ted implied in the video above "I don't need to be tripped up in wordplay and twisted argument of finely parsed lengthy debate:.The principles of our constitutional republic are clear enough. It is felt through the steel core of our spirits: "the right to protect oneself is good and correct". Right if not "A- right". Just as I know It is "wrong" to cause harm to others with out the law telling me so.
edit on 15-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
One last post for the unconvinced:
a particularly good blog post quoting our friend in liberty Mike vanderboegh

Transylvania Phoenix

"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy free health care and 100 percent literacy." John Derbyshire

Saturday, July 5, 2008

What good can a handgun do against an Army?
By Mike Vanderboegh

A friend of mine recently forwarded me a question a friend of his had posed:

"If/when our Federal Government comes to pilfer, pillage, plunder our property and destroy our lives, what good can a handgun do against an army with advanced weaponry, tanks, missiles, planes, or whatever else they might have at their disposal to achieve their nefarious goals? (I'm not being facetious: I accept the possibility that what happened in Germany, or similar, could happen here; I'm just not sure that the potential good from an armed citizenry in such a situation outweighs the day-to-day problems caused by masses of idiots who own guns.)"

If I may, I'd like to try to answer that question. I certainly do not think the writer facetious for asking it. The subject is a serious one that I have given much research and considerable thought to. I believe that upon the answer to this question depends the future of our Constitutional republic, our liberty and perhaps our lives. My friend Aaron Zelman, one of the founders of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership told me once:

"If every Jewish and anti-nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT (emphasis supplied, MV), Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic." - Aaron Zelman, JPFO

Note well that phrase: "and the will to use it," for the simply-stated question, "What good can a handgun do against an army?", is in fact a complex one and must be answered at length and carefully. It is a military question. It is also a political question. But above all it is a moral question which strikes to the heart of what makes men free, and what makes them slaves. First, let's answer the military question.

Most military questions have both a strategic and a tactical component. Let's consider the tactical.

A friend of mine owns an instructive piece of history. It is a small, crude pistol, made out of sheet-metal stampings by the U.S. during World War II. While it fits in the palm of your hand and is a slowly-operated, single-shot arm, it's powerful .45 caliber projectile will kill a man with brutal efficiency. With a short, smooth-bore barrel it can reliably kill only at point blank ranges, so its use requires the will (brave or foolhardy) to get in close before firing. It is less a soldier's weapon than an assassin's tool. The U.S. manufactured them by the million during the war, not for our own forces but rather to be air-dropped behind German lines to resistance units in occupied Europe. Crude and slow (the fired case had to be knocked out of the breech by means of a little wooden dowel, a fresh round procured from the storage area in the grip and then manually reloaded and cocked) and so wildly inaccurate it couldn't hit the broad side of a French barn at 50 meters, to the Resistance man or woman who had no firearm it still looked pretty darn good.
more at:

transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pinchanze
We are the last bastion of true freedom. If we go down. may god or whom ever you believe in, have mercy on your souls.

Bullets are harmless and primitive in 21 st century ,information and knowledge are power today

Jullian Assange didn't shoot one bullet, but he is shaking the world ,and corrupt goverments are bleeding.
edit on 15-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

Joseph Stalin, when informed after World War II that the Pope disapproved of Russian troops occupying Trieste, turned to his advisors and asked, "The Pope? The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Dictators are unmoved by moral suasion.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have a right to own a gun, and that's the bottom line. No one, not you, my neighbors, my friends or enemies, nor my government will ever be allowed to dis-arm me in accordance with the Second Amendment. To commence forth in such tyranny, would be the direct equivalency of quashing my inherently fundamental right and duty to protect my own life, the lives of my family members and loved ones, and the security of my nation.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You have no ground to stand on here. Your points are useless, and your debate and argument is worthless. I, as an American Citizen, have the right to bear arms against any foreign government. If you wish to write the Obama House and/or send your local Congressman emails on your most idiotic beliefs than do so. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time here; as I'm an American. And I don't think anyone wants to here your moronic statements based on our amendments, or even the Constitution.

Drink a beer, do more Bible study, as you're wasting your time with these wasteful posts.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
it's the "pen"... the "pen" is mightier than the sword.

just saying.. thought it would be helpful since someone has obviously taken a shine to that statement and will probably use it again.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You know honestly, I'm not a big gun fan. But, some people are. Some people like to go out and fire guns for fun. Some want a sense of protection.

As long as guns are in responsible hands, it's not a problem with me.

I don't want an America that is disarmed. I would like to know that we could fight back if we were drug to that level by the powers that be. At the same time I would like a world that doesn't need guns to settle disputes. But, until the world is completely sane, dumb stuff happens.

It's a free country, let the good, responsible people have guns if they want.

Let's face it, people have been choked, stabbed, poisoned, smothered, etc. Just simply taking guns away isn't going to stop people from killing. There's always a chance that a gun could get into a murderers hands, but there's a chance that a plane could wreck, but we don't stop flying. Life is full of possible danger. It's been that way for a very long time. We don't stop living because of it.

Troy

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
i dont know if this has been posted as i cant read all 41 pages due to work restrictions but:

have you ever looked up the crime stats in Washington DC? in case you dont know, DC has some of the strictist gun laws in the US. they also have one of the highest murder and gun related crimes in the US. the reason? only criminals have the guns. because to have one you are pretty much a criminal.

i for one am a VERY firm believer in owning a gun. i am a VERY firm believer in open carry as my state (Louisiana) is. if nothing else should convince you then this quote from a Japanese general should:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yeah, with the US history the way it is... it's a little too late to be trying to take guns from people. then criminals would be the only ones who have them.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
The best defense against tyranny is a well armed populace. We have it and you can't take it away. Ever.

Ok, mate i understand your points very well.We have just different opinions.
Imo The best defense against tyranny is a well educated and good informed populace.And i don't want you to take right to gun and i can't ,we are just debating

A well educated and well informed populace knows where the ammo should go.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Simply put: if you look back through history - a key factor in every genocide that has taken place has been disarmament of the public. (ie gun control)

www.worldexaminer.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Sorry but we have different mindsets,there is thousands things better to do with my child then taking to a range or learn to shot.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

just ask Martin Luther King how that turned out for him. He battled with words and look what he got in return.

Bad analogy ,do i need to ask JFK and Boby Kennedy?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Joseph Stalin, when informed after World War II that the Pope disapproved of Russian troops occupying Trieste, turned to his advisors and asked, "The Pope? The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Dictators are unmoved by moral suasion.

Gandhi(India) defeated the most powerful empire on Earth, the British Empire, without firing a single bullet.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Well, fishing, hunting, and learning to shoot a weapon are part of American traditions.
It's just woven into the fabric of who we are. Certainly, if anything, this thread has shown
just that.
edit on 16-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

A well educated and well informed populace knows where the ammo should go.
Just sayin'

A well educated and well informed populace should know that you can't defeat advanced scientific dictatorship with handguns

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yes , like non american i learn some from this thread .But did americans learn something about our european mindsets from this thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join