It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Wow! I had never seen that interview before. Uncle Ted really tells it like it is right there! Yes sir!
Thanks for that link. It made my day...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by prexparte

Nothings happened to me ....I travel in many countries(with tight gun control) when people are don't carying a guns but still is quite safe to go out in evening or every other public place .
edit on 15-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

You seem rather against guns, based on what I've read in your posts. What about bows and arrows? Or throwing knives? Or crossbows? Are you and the other "anti" commentators in this thread against these inherently deadly objects/machines which were initially also designed to kill? How about javelins? You know shooting is an Olympic event, right?

I have another question. Have you yourselves ever gone shooting? Actually shot a gun and been impressed by the skill it takes to be accurate with one? How about a bow and arrow? That's quite a skill to master as well.

The vast (and I mean VAST) majority of us who are quote/unquote "pro gun" aren't in it mostly to protect our paranoid butts from evil persons and governments. In fact, we're not paranoid at all. We're just regular people like you, and your friends. We enjoy practicing the skill it takes to put a little hole in the center of a piece of paper. Just like the guy with the bow and arrow, and the girl with throwing knives, and tomahawk throwing dude, and crossbow guy, and the guy who bowls a lot of strikes. I could probably hunt with a frisbee, I'm that good with one.

Using a gun safely and effectively is a developed skill like any other.

I suggest to anybody who is adamantly "anti" gun, to at least give it (shooting) a try before knocking it so hard. There's not much out there that's quite as "stress relieving" as shooting. It requires concentration, focus, balance, coordination, ...all good, positive things which can influence other areas of your life in a positive fashion. It's really a lot of fun!

Really!

I bet an easy 90% of you super "anti" guys, who have never shot a gun, would come away from a typical shooting session grinning from ear to ear, asking when we're going again, and wondering why you ever made such a fuss about it in the first place. I've seen it happen.

edit on 15-12-2010 by tjack because: I wanted to be more clear

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I used to think the same about americans' right to bear arms. Now, I wish Australians had the same rights.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwc273
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Wow! I had never seen that interview before. Uncle Ted really tells it like it is right there! Yes sir!
Thanks for that link. It made my day...

You're welcomed my friend. He has always had a great talent for getting down to the no BS part of it.

Maybe if more freedom loving, law abiding people actually carried guns, the mad men out there would think twice before screwing with someone.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Yes i have experience with shooting and i know friends hunters who have that hobby and that is normal for me,shooting as a sport.
We simply are diverging on issues here.Read my past posts you will get my opinion.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by tjack

Yes i have experience with shooting and i know friends hunters who have that hobby and that is normal for me,shooting as a sport.
We simply are diverging on issues here.Read my past posts you will get my opinion.

I went back a few pages and read more of your posts, and you're right, the majority of my post does diverge from your specific opinion, and is really directed towards the staunch anti's.

However, you do state that you don't want your child to see a "weapon" in your house, and that's sort of why I asked about other "weapons", javelins, knives, bow and arrows, etc... Are these also taboo?

Is it just guns, or is it all weapons? It's weird to me because "guns" are always such a hot-button issue, but nobody really yells about the other objects and weapon systems that have also been designed to kill, but also have "hobbyist" followers as well, similar to guns.

Also, I'm not sure how we're to enjoy shooting "as a sport" as you put it, if guns were to become unavailable.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

There are sooooo MANY high developed countries in the world....like Japan... and.... come on, come on! Why is it that we, the great U.S.of A. have to financially prop em up? I'd like to keep the money I work for instead of giving it to a bunch of whining, sniffling blowhards. Could you give me more than.... lets say forty, highly developed countries? Don't forget that we were the ones that developed these countries. We are still the torch that shines. The beacon of hope. So for You,Kevin and the rest of the so called ...Free World. We are the last bastion of true freedom. If we go down. may god or whom ever you believe in, have mercy on your souls.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Like what is your problem with Americans having guns.
You don't live here in the US you live in Scotland and are a subject of the British.
People might think you are a troll looking to get a rise out of us in the US.
remember on this side of the pond we kicked the British out a couple hundred years ago AT GUN POINT.

I know a little about Scotland as i am the decedent of a Scottish Jacobite of the Clann cam-shròn.
we may have lost the Jacobite Rebellions but we helped to win the next Rebellion called the American Revolution.

The Scots and others over here learned from the British never to be disarmed again.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sasperella are you farfenugen serious dude ! I'm from Canada and I wish I had Americas gun laws!!!
I didn't have time to read all of this but had to comment. In Canada we are only allowed rifles of the non automatic kind and a hand gun is a restricted weapon,its quite sad. But we can buy shotguns:-).You can own a hand gun here but only with a collectors license which give authority's the right to inspect you're collection any time without a search warrant. Yes I also believe it should be regulated with training and licensed owners a must. This keeps the irresponsible from owning a firearm and I think any one at this point in history that thinks guns are bad to own responsibly is flying through life with blinders on!!!! Its the right time to own a gun and will be going for my license real soon You're gonna have to hunt when you're factory farms shut down and you're up sasperella creek with no paddle.

P.S. Would you be first in line to get a microchip in you're arm too?? Come back from fantasy island!!

All men need the right to bare arms and fast!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I dont want to see my little child to see any type of guns in his early childhood especially me wearing a gun or shooting with it if my work don't require opposite.About other weapons some are inevitably like knives.

Guns will be available like other european countries , but with some tight control ,no criminal dosie,special licence etc etc, when you can have a gun for shooting ,training,sports .But i know diferent states have different laws about bying a guns ?.And your second amendment can't be ripped off,maybe intepretation of that law may changed for better society.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinchanze
We are the last bastion of true freedom. If we go down. may god or whom ever you believe in, have mercy on your souls.

Bullets are harmless and primitive in 21 st century ,information and knowledge are power today

Jullian Assange didn't shoot one bullet, but he is shaking the world ,and corrupt goverments are bleeding.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Do you live in a fairy land? I am as peaceful as can be and I own a gun. Do you believe if there were no guns, there would be no killing. Killing was around long before guns. And the 2nd Amendment does not only apply to firearms, but any weapon you deem neccessary for your saftey and the preservation of you family. Our Founders knew that violence and Tyranny existed long before firearms and will persist well beyond them.

The framers of the Constitution did not intend to force morals on the people. They wished for all to be able to defend themselves from Immorality.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by soficrow

Well you don’t have freedom of speech so its already gone.

I think the second amendment should be ripped up

You know what, maybe burning the whole thing might do the trick, it’s really only a piece of paper.

No : its more than a piece of paper; Its an idea: "that authority lies within the individual".Its tough to rip up an idea held dear by so many,or collapse a mind after its been expanded by a worthy idea. Try to take away our idea or the document that represents it and we'll take your life. .We don't have to rationalize our mindsets to the world. infact you can take your U.N.; Nau.European union african union pack it into that U.N.. HQ bldg in new york and ,mail the whole useless tawdry mess to the hague.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The argument is always that it’s for self defence, that way if someone pulls a gun on a knife on you, you can protect yourself. It’s a hard one to argue against, but surly if it were the case that gun’s were outlawed or heavily regulated it would lead to a overall reduction in the number of firearms owned and therefore the odds of someone pulling a gun on you would be greatly reduced therefore you wouldn’t have to own a fire arm and the odds would fall further. In any case you can never be sure it’s going to help your odds, if two gun men mug you or break into your house you’re already on the losing side. Now baring in mind that there are almost enough firearms America for every citizen the robbers are going to know you have a gun in your house, they are going to be prepared and have the element of surprise on their side.
Or they wouldn't bother robbing anyone's house, which would be the more logical conclusion especially since
A. They don't know how many people are in the house
B. How many guns are in the house
C. How many people in the house know how to use a gun
D. Where these people are in the house
E. Where the guns are located in the house
F. Whether or not said house has a security system (and the guns are merely for backup purposes)
G. What kinds of guns are there in the house

Unless they mapped out the persons house when they weren't home they wouldn't know any of this, and even then what would be the point since they could just steal whatever right there and now as opposed to waiting when they get home and re-entering the house, especially since they would be running the risk of being noticed?

As for your two men analogy, at least you have some chance of defending yourself with a gun in your house. As for being mugged what if there was someone else around who had a gun on them? Besides, if you're getting robbed at gun point in a place where there is virtually no one else around, it probably wasn't that safe of a place to be walking around in to begin with.

You need to understand that criminals don't follow the law, so your argument that banning guns=less guns is about as valid as banning drugs=less drugs or banning alcohol=less alcohol. All you'll be doing is opening up a new underground market.

The line that I love is this “we have places to keep people who can’t use their guns properly, they’re called prisons”. Very true, but you also have places called hospitals and mortuaries filled with the victims of the scum your keeping in prison, and thousands of homes full of grieving families.
Yeah, and what about the people who don't end up in hopsitals or mortuarires because they were you know, saved by a firearm-wielding law-abiding citizen(s)?

Gun Laws are out of date, rip up the second amendment and join the 21st century.
Stop commenting on issues you're clearly out-of-touch with. You're almost as bad as right-wingers on abortion/drugs/gay marriage/etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinchanze
We are the last bastion of true freedom. If we go down. may god or whom ever you believe in, have mercy on your souls.

Bullets are harmless and primitive in 21 st century ,information and knowledge are power today

Jullian Assange didn't shoot one bullet, but he is shaking the world ,and corrupt goverments are bleeding.

It looks alot like Assange may be( by design or inadvertantly) giving the govt. the excuse it needs to shut down the net. "CYBER TERROISM"!!!! So don't cannonize him yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

They can take my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

reply to post by tjack

I dont want to see my little child to see any type of guns in his early childhood especially me wearing a gun or shooting with it if my work don't require opposite.About other weapons some are inevitably like knives.

Guns will be available like other european countries , but with some tight control ,no criminal dosie,special licence etc etc, when you can have a gun for shooting ,training,sports .But i know diferent states have different laws about bying a guns ?.And your second amendment can't be ripped off,maybe intepretation of that law may changed for better society.

That's it.You are obviously trolling for a reaction you have no authority, right,moral high ground or business dictating to us.

" Do it for the children" the ultimate plea of a desperate liberal.You are propagating an unreasonable fear.ofan inanimate object. which just feeds the lure of the forbidden. they are tools;how do you feel about hammers and saws???
The best thing I ever did was take my 12year old daughter to the range: shoot .22's for fun ; and let her touch off a full bore 158grn jsp .357magnum.She instantly understood the power of the device and respected it.She learned from reality; not from t.v. or movies glorifying violence; or scared clueless activist passing on made up horror stories.

edit on 15-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by silo13

also, you are a perfect example of why the right to freedom of speech should be heavily regulated, just because you have a right doesn’t make it righteous.

What? Did I read that right?

The "right to freedom of speech should be heavily regulated" ..

Are you effing serious?

Seriously?

If it's regulated, then it becomes a privilege, not a right. How would you like it if some government flunkie at the Department of Censorship decided that your speech was not allowed and banned you from the internet? How would you like it? You would have NO voice. NO opinion.

Yet another genius on ATS. Now you see why I don't come here much anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
One may note the title of this thread, "Why do AMERICANS need guns . . ."

One will further note that the American position is vastly divergent from the European view on firearms, and at some point, one should ask the question, WHY?

Beginning a few hundred years ago, there was a lot of oppressed Europeans with royalty owning just about everything the Church didn't.

There was one, long, distant, dangerous escape. America.

Only the bold, the courageous, the independent minded, the strong, and most capable attempted the long journey, and after abandoning everything familiar, then had to fight the elements, the native Indians, the vastness of the new land, and the hardships of carving out a home from almost nothing.

Those left behind? They played it safe. They traded freedom for familiarity.

Even when the king tried to control these new settlers in their new land, they decided enough was enough.

A small number of people, the only ones to ever do so, fought the greatest, most disciplined, best trained and equipped army in the world and won their independence.

Using their own firearms.

I don't expect Europeans to understand us. You have zero basis to do so. You don't have the capability.

In WWII, right after Dunkirk, the British government ran ads in American newspapers wanting Americans to donate and send their personal firearms to Britain, of any type, any caliber, including pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

They didn't have the firearms to defend themselves.

Right after the war, they disarmed themselves yet again. Typical European logic and behavior, as it's been inbred over the centuries. Oh, they've fought. Each other. But note that in WWI and WWII, it was America, it's assistance, and leadership that determined the outcomes.

Each time, they ASSUMED that status quo would be sustained. Each and every time, they were mistaken.

We, the average American is getting damned sick and tired of having to pull your bacon out of the fire.

Maybe next time, you're on your own.

And if so, what will you use to defend your own nation? Your arrogant principles? That'll get you a bullet through the head.

Just something to think about.

We have ours.

We have since we began.

You've just become too accustomed to being subjects.

We broke out of that mindset hundreds of years ago.

Thus our differences, and your lack of understanding Americans.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Julian Assange----"Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names". JOHN F.KENNEDY
edit on 15-12-2010 by pinchanze because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join