It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte

they are the ones when they become teenagers seek out a gun just to feel it, yet never was taught how to hold it

True. Funny how education is the answer to sex and drugs and everything else under the sun but when guns are the subject the best approach for many is denial and prohibition or flat out hysterics in the style of "Won't some one think of the children!!"

From a cop regarding her own child:

"We made him aware of our guns, and let him touch them," Ms. Sherwood said. "We figured that would take the curiosity away."

Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

at one time pre 1990`s there were 4 parties to choose from, there was also the green party, ticket and i cant remember the other , I also cant remember why they ilimnated two of the four.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I was brought up from the be-be gun to the pellet gun and beyond, by children the same, know I am training my gransdon. He is 8 and in my opinion starting late however better late then never

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If ya think in broad spectrom perhaps the gun education is being illiminated for furutre usuage, illiminate the education to illiminate the rights?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I like having the option to get together with my fellow americans to take defend ourselves from an oppressive govt. Our founding fathers saw that this could happen and wrote the second amendment so that we could protect ourselves. If you don't want your son seeing a man wearing a sidearm in the bar, well then don't bring your son into a bar. I like being able to protect my family. Where I live many families own and use guns. The crime rate is low, probably think a little more before breaking and entering, chances are pretty good there's a gun in the house for hunting and protection.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by prexparte

I think you are not paying atention what is the core of the issue here .I dont want my child to see a weapon in my house , i don't want to go out in a bar and see John Wayne's around .
edit on 15-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

That's definitely NOT the core issue. Oh my God, where do they come up with these people.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex

I think you are not paying atention what is the core of the issue here .I dont want my child to see a weapon in my house , i don't want to go out in a bar and see John Wayne's around .

That's definitely NOT the core issue. Oh my God, where do they come up with these people.

To this poster it is the root of the core issue

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

And he's wrong (that's saying it nicely)
edit on 15-12-2010 by bigrex because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

If ya think in broad spectrom perhaps the gun education is being illiminated for furutre usuage, illiminate the education to illiminate the rights?

Definitely. There was no Columbine type even before schools across the country started pulling rifle teams and instituting "zero tolerance" type regulations so where did they start? Where did the idea that guns in schools was bad come from?

Somebody created this prohibition as a solution to a problem that didnt exist. When that happens it's always some politician looking for power or money.

One generation of gun-ignorant fools was all it took for Clinton to get his AWB through and for a guy who got accidentally shot in the leg with a .22 to start up the Brady Campaign and create a stable opposition to a natural right that never needed or warranted any opposition before.

It's all very insidious and manufactured.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

I did invite this poster to stand behind me with his family when the # hits the fan, I believe all armed americans will defend unarmed americans. I believe unarmed americans are merely unaware due to government mind controlled robotized syndrome desease

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

And he's wrong (that's saying it nicely)
edit on 15-12-2010 by bigrex because: typo

I agree however my upper post explains why i agree

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

well the reasons we need guns is to defend our selfs incase the government decides to turn against what america used to stand for, thats why we have so many laws to stop such a state of dictatorship within america, if that law had ever been abolished and the government had dicided to turn against what america had agreed on in 1776, that we' ourselves would have a right to bear guns, the right to form a militia without government consent and the right to be forced to quarter soldiers. america in previous years seems to be getting involved in more and more wars, claiming ultimate authority over other countries through military and financial support if they sided with any country through militry support they would also the right for other countries to have a soverign stat by opossing such rebels through the military backing of these enemies. the chances are as americas leaders get more and more strict about control over other countries because of their self superior attitude america in the future that they would want more and more control over the people within the states, which for them would probably mean that they would try to disarm the people before they did such, probably through manipulation of the constituition and the intel that would flow through the media outlets, such information would probably be turned against the people in a decieving way to make the people feel that doing such was for the best, so in conclusion if you realized that what america was doing what actually be unconstituition and completely unethical to the rest of humanity!!!!

link   
Maybe mods can clear prexparte posts(in last two pages) and get in one post .This is confusing the thread.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Definitely. There was no Columbine type even before schools across the country started pulling rifle teams and instituting "zero tolerance" type regulations so where did they start? Where did the idea that guns in schools was bad come from?

Somebody created this prohibition as a solution to a problem that didnt exist. When that happens it's always some politician looking for power or money.

One generation of gun-ignorant fools was all it took for Clinton to get his AWB through and for a guy who got accidentally shot in the leg with a .22 to start up the Brady Campaign and create a stable opposition to a natural right that never needed or warranted any opposition before.

It's all very insidious and manufactured.

We have to fight with great strength and perserverance to keep our rights in tact for our children. There are far to many anti gun opposers rising into society our right to bear arms are in threat.

link   
anybody who is anti-gun or whatever is merely just trying to condition the rest of the world to take it up the bum from their government when the time comes...luckily all you anti-gun people hold little sway in the real world and the worst thing you do for those who are pro-guns is make our ammo a bit more pricey...oh and LOL at the rip up the second amendment, if that's what you believe then why don't you just rip up the whole constitution...it's the 2nd amendment for a reason, to me its the second most important amendment in the whole constitution (1st being freedom of speech) hence why its the 2ND AMENDMENT...yuck i really hate people who want to turn America into Britain...if you really agree with the anti gun sentiment why don't you just move to Britain and see how well it's working for them

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

why are my post confusing you?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
O wait because I post to myself a few times....yet I do believe most realize what my post refered to

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

No, i understand the posts ..i like all your posts to be in one or two posts...you are having dificulties in posting on forums boards .No hard feelings

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

wow thank you for the rather kind reply...apprecaition given back at ya

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why is this thread 37 pages? If we rip out one of our Rights from the Constitution that just opens the door for more Rights to be ripped out.
i.e. ----> Completely Stupid!!!

Why don't we get rid of the Third Amendment too? That way we wouldn't need guns to protect ourselves because we'd be forced to share our homes with soldiers.

Or, how about a good idea for once? Get rid of the 16th Amendment that allows the Federal Gov. to tax our hard worked incomes.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join