It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
IMHO
The thing that the anti gun non americans don't get is this
unlike every where else basically,
the US hasn't quite been conqured / subjugated yet

Though the tipping point is very very close
and it could go either way

But if the light goes out down there,
it goes out everywhere
edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Danbones because: grammer

Well Dan.. we finally agree on something!

I think we have a little while to go before we experience a mass awakening... then we can see which way it tips. For Americans.. its going to take something HUGE to wake us up as a people. THATS what concerns me the most as the people who want to change us know this too. It will make more sense to slip it in quietly so as not to awaken anyone.. and they have been doing a great job of it. I hope to heck it is solved with a good person in office and a coup within the TPTB within in the US..then infect the rest of our associates.. but Im not holding my breath

I always have an issue differentiating the US from Canada.. my family are Piegan Blackfeet.. half of the tribe is In Canada and an invisible line separates the bloods and Piegan... but we are both Blackfeet. My family is in half in Montana and half just over the border! That has always been in my head anyway.. the way I was taught. Its a people in their minds and not an invisible line that keeps us together or apart. SInce we in the US and Canada are basically in the same boat... Id think we would have more of a close relationship. Now Im in the midwest and the people here act like Canada is a different continent with "foreigners" inhabiting the dreaded tundra.
Hopefully if we ever become what we once were again.. or better.. someone will take the time to reeducate the hoodwinked and educate the next generation on what can be done when people are consolidated toward a common goal. Im not preaching a North American Union.. but some danged cooperation and education wouldnt hurt anyone!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Originally posted by croweboy
Guns are in our hands for one reason, to protect our constitution. There's a reason its the longest lasting governing document of any country.

???????????????????????
en.wikipedia.org...

He means Constitution. America has the longest standing Constitution in the World.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Hey Admin.. I saw Jamaica on your graph. The people dont have guns as a whole.. the criminals sure do. Also the police there walk around with ak-47s when we were there a few a yrs ago. The poverty is grinding.. yet the people seem like pretty good folks who are at the mercy of the criminal element and gangs. We didnt stay on resort.. we had friends who lived there and were all over Kingston. I feel of all of the places we've been on pleasure or business ( middle east, S.A., europe, etc) that Jamaica was the most similar to what we citizens could become if we were disarmed. That in itself was a frightening thought. We'd spoken to the people there.. living in shacks by the ocean to nicer apartments and working like dogs for a pathetic wage.. wonderful people who are truly hostages to the criminal element and their government.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by projectvxn

Well yes that is my 5 year goal.

No its not,

The point is you really don’t have freedom of speech anymore, if the government passes a law saying that you can’t say something then you don’t have freedom of speech.

You don’t need guns, no one has answered my question yet.

And I don’t see the government coming to put you into a FEMA camp anytime soon

You need to take a good look at why the law was passed the "right to bear arms" given in the first place. Then you will understand.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
After reading a good portion of this thread I am not even going to bother debating the fact that owning a firearm is my right. I am also not going to debate the benefits to owning firearms in relation to oppressive governments. Instead I wanted to go into the "self defense" aspect of owning a firearm.

The OP states that owning a firearm does not mean you are protected. He states that criminals have guns also, plus the element of surprise, and therefor owning a gun for protection is pointless as you can not overcome the odds. I feel sorry for the OP. If you really think the police or anyone else can protect you, instead of you protecting yourself, you increase your chances to become a victim. The real facts are...even armed criminals are looking for the easiest target possible. Even with the "element of surprise", they are still looking for an easy target. People who put up a fight are not worth the risk for a criminal. Too many things can go wrong and cause that criminal to get caught and criminal's top priority is not even the crime they are committing, the top priority of a criminal above all else is to not get caught.

The job of police is to investigate crime, not prevent it. In the event someone breaks into your home, if you are unarmed the chances are you will become a victim before the police can even get there to help you. Owning a gun in the event that someone wishes to do you harm can be the difference between you making one of the phone calls below...

Those who can protect themselves

In this 911 call, a women was being stalked. After 6 police complaints about this man, nothing had been done. In this call, he comes to her home again. He eventually breaks in and attacks her while she is on the phone with 911. She shoots him 3 times during the attack and kills him. Notice how long this call last, over 6 mins, and no help has arrived yet.

In this call a man is attempting to break into the home of a 56 year old woman. She is at home alone, and on the phone with 911 for over 10 mins while this strange man is attempting to enter her home. While still on the phone, the man makes entry. She shoots him.

Here is another video. A man attempting to break in this older man's house. After 2 phone calls to 911 totaling over 10 mins, the old man finally had to shoot.

I posted much more than I planned to. Sorry but I love these stories of people who take responsibility for their own lives and the lives of their loved ones. They didn't depend on anyone to protect them, they protected themselves. Please take note of how long these calls are reported to have lasted. 6 minutes, 10 minutes and 10 minutes. That is a long time when your under attack. In each of these examples, all that time went by and the intruder was just trying to get in, there was no immediate threat to the would be victim's lives. How much longer would it have taken for help to arrive once the attacker and would be victim were face to face?

Those who are unable to defend themselves
**WARNING** Some of these calls are very disturbing.

In this video an old women calls 911 about a strange man on her property. She is attacked while on the phone.

This video is a perfect example of what happens when you have a firearm and choose not to use it. In this video a women calls 911. Her husband has been shot, her child has been shot. She thinks the intruders have left. While she is on the phone with 911, they come back and shoot her. However, she was armed and at this point returns fire. The intruders then leave.

Of course on occasion it can work out. In the interest of fairness, I will even post one such video. In this video a women is attacked in her home. The police DO show up, while the attack is in progress and arrest the offender.

So who do you want to be? The only people who are not actual victims are the people who were armed. Even in the last example, the women was still a victim of sexual assault. She just didn't die as a result. So who do you want to be? For me the choice is obvious.

edit on 14-12-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

For me it's a fun sport and I like hunting with them too. It is a family activity for us. They also serve as great protection in the event of an invasion against my family if my dog fails.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Someone breaks into your house and has a knife trying to kill you. You don't have a gun, what do you do?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thats what Id posted a while back. My understanding is that the police uphold/enforce the law.. they do NOT protect us. We protect ourselves and call them when a crime is committed. This has of course been twisted by the officer friendly BS so we all rely on a govt entity rather than ourselves for our own protection... and in some areas that right has been stripped ( Chicago and a lot of Il.. and elsewhere. ) Im sure since you understand this concept you can see how well relying on the govt to protect or help served the citizens in Louisiana during Katrina, immediately after and up until today
Lessons that could have been learned but havent yet. In Il they demand we try everything to flee an armed criminal and then call the police.. heh.. silly law based on the lie that within the job description that the police are here to protect us! When you read "serve and protect" its not US they are protecting.. clever little catchphrase though.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Americans need ballz b4 they can justify owning guns, or guns wouldnt have been outlawed in the 1st place. Americans are the best.F yo #ry nicca. But 4 real on one side you have the "smarties" and on the other you have the "dummies". Both sides dont know ish.

What America needs is unity. There is no military that can stop the American ppl. There is no biological disease that can wipe us out. We are the most a-hole ppl in the world, toward our "leaders" the example will be shown. So far I see everyone else fighting the good fight, which means, America is going to get that much crazier.

TPTB know it and the nay sayers will hold on 2 their little riots like it were the world cup. In the end everyone knowsMonday Night Football is where its at. Think about it, our prostitutes cost more than yours. That says it all, now eat a stiff 1.

Peace lmao

edit on 14-12-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeusman1988
Well, it's sorta like this. If the population doesn't or isn't allowed to own any weapons, then how can they defeat an oppressive government when they go to far.

While I agree in principal, surely you realize that using guns to take on the government is foolish. Let's see you and even 5,000 of your buddies armed to the teeth try to take on the government and see what happens to you. I will be a lot messier than Waco was I can tell you that

Guns should be used from protection against other people that would do you harm, not in preparation to "take down the government". One could say but what if it's the government trying to do you harm? Well (in a perfect world), that's because you probably did something wrong, and you should surrender instead of dying in a gunfight where your only goal was to take down as many of the "pigs" (who are just working men and women like yourself) before you went down.

Again, I 100% support people owning guns, and them being used for protection. But people who own guns for the sole purpose of someday rising up to kill the "big bad government" seem a bit unstable to me.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Drugs are illegal and highly regulated, but people don't seem to have too hard a time getting them. If guns were just flat out made illegal then the only ones that would have them would be the criminals.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
LOL, you should go get a job with the Obama administration because he wants to take away our guns also.

Let me put this as clearly as I can. Only SLAVES aren't allowed to own guns. Our founding fathers knew that it was important for every American to be able to defend themselves from a tyrannical government at some point in the future. Mexico took all their citizen's guns (as you would want to do apparently) and they have had 40,000 people butchered by drug gangs in the last 4 years on the border! This is what happens when only CRIMINALS have guns. If our government took our guns then the only ones that would have them would be the criminals and our military and that's exactly what is going on in Mexico. A literal hell where a person can't defend his own family so they gets butchered. You need to wake up and quit falling for the new world order CON job that you don't need a gun. Did you know in Switzerland, every MAN in the country has an assault rifle? And guess what? They have the lowest crime rate in the world! Imagine that!

Also, you seem to be living in some kind of a sick dream world where the government (your daddy) is always there to protect you with their police etc? Did that happen in New Orleans during Katrina? No, it did not. During a war or natural disaster, the military will be busy and the police won't be able to do much if anything to help you. If you have rioting mobs storming your house, do you want to be able to defend your property? Apparently you don't wan't to be able to defend yourself with a firearm if necessary. That's fine, why don't you defend your loved ones with a butter knife and see how that works out for you. The smart people in the United States will keep their guns but thank you very much for your concern!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I din't read all the responses so maybe someone already said this but I'll say it anyway. Your argument broke down about 2 lines in, when you said "to me guns are inherently evil". This is,of course complete and utter nonsense,as any logical person can see. A gun is neither good nor evil,as it is obviously an inanimate object. Therefore, I can conclude that your argument is based not in logic but emotion and feeling. I would try to discuss this with you but trying to counter emotion and feeling with logic and science is like mixing oil and water,so I shall waste my time elsewhere!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
Someone breaks into your house and has a knife trying to kill you. You don't have a gun, what do you do?

You make use of whatever means you have to either defend or protect yourself, your family, your home against the same.

Otherwise, and if they truly pose such a threat, just call the coroner.

That scenario, Again, transcends all of time ... just that modern means and technologies afford more readily-available and efficient manners of accomplishing such.

To the unknownkevin's, broody's and others of this thread ...

be wary of what you ask for ... as you just might find yourself in a situation where you'd be hard-pressed, if not unable, to do just that. to protect or defend one's self, family or home.

Sorry ... but I'm by no means ready to give up that life or liberty, ever.

And No ... I don't care to hear about the overall minority of firearm 'possessors' who contribute to nearly 95+% of all 'gun-related' crimes.

They'd do so no matter.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Owning a gun means you can defend your family.. You are ither just trolling, or your mad because you can't have them where you live... And according to FBI crime statistics, 95% of gun crime is caused by.... (sorry, you are right about freedom of speech, I can't say..) Lets just say its not John Smith...

P.S. Governments around the world want you to hate guns, they are the only tool the people have
to keep things in check. If we did not have guns, martial law would have happened decades ago.
Ive taken "gun haters" to the range, and after they were done, they went out and bought one of their own. Stop being affraid of an inanimate object.
Deebo
edit on 14-12-2010 by Deebo because: added

edit on 14-12-2010 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Hello Kevinunkown.
Does your country allow its peoples to have guns?.
if no then why not

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Freedom of speech very much protects your right to talk about hard facts.

Unfortunately you provided no source to back up your self-fabricated statistic, so what you are trying to say holds absolutely no weight whatsoever. Babbling hearsay.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Look at those outrageous numbers!

The gun laws must be incredibly lax in those top ten countries or perhaps non-existant.

No way they could have oppressively strict laws or even bans. No way what-so-ever.

Yet the question posed is...

Why should I Not be allowed to have, possess and/or use them as they were intended to by design?

for food. and 'protection', if need be?

link   

Originally posted by Brood
reply to post by Deebo

Freedom of speech very much protects your right to talk about hard facts.

Unfortunately you provided no source to back up your self-fabricated statistic, so what you are trying to say holds absolutely no weight whatsoever. Babbling hearsay.

I don't have to back anything up.. Just go to this website called... Google, and type in gun crime by race. Or better yet, talk to a police officer, I know many.. Ask them where all those "shots fired" calls come from.

Deebo

link   
theres probobly 3x more firearms in my town then citizents , yet for all i know there hasent been a single gunshot related crime in atleast 10 years ,

but as all things go ,.
just because you own a hammer dosent make you a carpenter ,
and the same metaphore goes for firearms aswell,
just because you own one doesent mean you know how to use it,

but as far as crimes go with killings involved i guess the three main cullprints would be emotions (passion/anger) , alcohol and humans so in a sence logicly speaking , fix thouse three and you have homicide crimes down by 95%

but i guess its easier just to blame the tools and not the user, .

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join