It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Like Alex Jones said, when his father was in school, many of them would bring rifles with them to school and were free to do so, yet there were never school shootings back then. If some nutjob had came into the school shooting at random people, they would have been dead within seconds.

Some posters (nastyj) think that if guns were outlawed, then they would all just magically disappear. Don't be so naive. Just look at all the illegal drug usage.
edit on 14-12-2010 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

Nastyj
I live by that statement every single day. Have you ever lived in the Murder Capitol of the World?
I did. I watched people get robbed at bus stops, killed for a dollar. I had driven to my second job through gun fire! Each time all I had to do was flash and it was over. Repeat: OVER!
Yes, if the Palestinians would stand up for themselves there will be more blood, but there would be more respect too! Why? Because a man has no respect for a dog they can claim rabid and shoot it dead in the street. That's right I said it! Cowards kill those who are defenseless!
DC originally had the most no tolerance gun control laws in the US by far, for the wrong reasons. This gave rise to the intrenced crime scene known as drugs and gave rise to The Drug Wars - note they call it a war! Back then the criminals had the guns because others obeyed the law. Now why is it you think that won't happen again? Delusion can be the only answer. Once outlawed, guns don't just pack themselves up and go away. And you ever see one walking on its own, you best take a picture!
Defend yourself and watch the tide turn and stop hiding behind the "bully" stereotyping. No bully stops unless you stop them. Hell, use a cupcake if you must, but grow some balls!
edit on 14-12-2010 by DaWhiz because: to add: DC originally had a no tolerance

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
we should also ban cars.cars kill way more people then guns. in fact i think we should ban cars first. The hospitals are filled with people hurt in car crashes when you might have 1-2 gun shot vitims in a weeks.

LETS BAN CARS TO!!!

NOT!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by silo13

I don’t have a car

I don’t have a Swimming pool.

OR A GUN!!!!

Environmentalists are going to kill us all anyway.

also, you are a perfect example of why the right to freedom of speech should be heavily regulated, just because you have a right doesn’t make it righteous.

edit on 14-12-2010 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

Ahh Kevin, at it again I see.

I can see why the UK government would deny its people the right to bear arms, they remember what happened over here when the people had weapons and used them to grant themselves "Rights" when they had none. They remember what happened when they tried to pull mafia style shakedown tactics and put a tax on everything. They remember what happened when they denied the people the right to even vote on policies that directly affected them. Now, please dont take this the wrong way. I love the UK, especially its people. And I can understand where you're coming from because for most of my life I never owned a semi automatic gun.

About two years ago, I came home to find my girlfriend tied up and duct taped, beaten and thrown in the closet. My front door had been kicked in, and my PS3, my old Russian Mosin Nagant rifle, and my guitar collection
valued at upwards of $10,000 were all taken. But worst of all. the sanctity of my home was destroyed.

I lived in a very affluent area called Palos Verdes here in California. The only crime we had was burglaries and robberies usually performed by people who came from low income areas. I lived alone, and was a target because I worked long hours. They werent expecting her to be there.... Thankfully she wasnt raped by the three "thugs" who tied her up. They had guns. The feeling I had was helplessness. How could I feel safe there any longer?

I started my gun collection the next day. She and I are both proficient in hand guns, shotguns and rifles now, and have many many hours of practice under our belts. We can sleep at night knowing if the door is kicked in, we'll have the drop on whatever scum bag comes barging in.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Because we have the right to defend ourselves and our families?

The whole argument against the right to bare arms is idiotic at best.

Drugs are illegal yet can be obtained on just about any street corner in the US, you think outlawing guns would be any different? than you're just naive.

Man you guys live in such a deluded world. What if the opposite were to happen. What if it was the palestinians and afghanis and iraqis had as much power the american has, what if they decided invade your country on the RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES FROM ALL YOUR BULL# you have done in their country? And you never had the weapons to defend yourselves?

You guys with your big guns have a superiority complex that hinders you unable to have sound judgment when questioning rational thought.

Its always the same thing over and over again, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS AND THAT. Just because your bully government gave you those rights, look at the crime rate in your country, from guns crime especially, compare that to anywhere else. Absolutely ridiculous. You always think about yourselves.

First of all, if you went on a mode where you decided not to just outlaw gun, but DESTROY ALL OF THEM, then you would be getting somewhere..
It is cheap as # to buy guns or any product when it is legal, when it becomes illegal, then it will be expensive, and will reduce the amount of people owning gun drastically, especially when the recession has caused you all to be broke.

Show a little mercy and then people will learn. Your gutless ways and merciless atttude for guns is a cesspool of dirt that will continue to get worse before it gets any better. I cant belive you even realise how much of a coward you are and still cling to it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
go ahead and get rid of your guns, so if someone invades your house, throw harsh words at the invader

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

Well, there are no guarantees in life...Just odds. Odds are, if you're adequately armed, no one is going to want to risk taking you on..If you're not adequately armed, some one might want to take what you've got, and they'll succeed. It's the reason I took martial arts..but when I grew up, and realized I wasn't bullet proof, I bought a gun...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

For the record the second amendment has absolutely NOTHING to do with hunting. The second amendment was written to guarantee the other nine amendments of the bill of rights and to give American citizens the means to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. The only thing stopping a complete dictatorship style takeover and the usurpation of the constitution is an armed citizenry. The people that would "tear up" the constitution know this and are afraid, as they should be. How can an inanimate object be "inherently evil"? Only people can be evil. Using your logic, lets outlaw cars in order to prevent DUI's. People would get by just fine by riding bikes, that is until people start getting in bike accidents or using them for nefarious purposes and then we'll just outlaw bikes. Do you honestly believe that by outlawing guns that gun violence would go down? Perhaps you should check out the statistics on gun violence in England after 1998, the year that they outlawed personal firearm ownership. It rose by over 40%. Same story in Australia. Ask Mexico how they're doing these days since they outlawed private gun ownership, but when you go down there to ask them watch out for all of the drug cartels that are killing people with guns on a daily basis. But wait, how can that be, I mean guns were outlawed?? This reminds me of the old cliche.. "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns". One last thing, do you seriously believe that by ripping up the second amendment that gun ownership would be illegal? Our founders knew something that you obviously do not, and that is the fact that our rights come from GOD... not government. "We hold these truths to be self evident" means that our founders felt that our rights were obvious, but they felt it necessary to put them down on paper in the event that future generations would try and screw with nature's law and nature's god. The constitution is so much more than a piece of paper, it is a divine and perfect idea inspired by the truth and freedom of god, and it exists weather it is on paper or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks Advantage for sharing so personal a story. However, people like the OP have never had the need to really ask themselves these important questions - until now.
Look at the unrest going on overseas now. The UK and Greek protesters are about to walk right into 1959 Civil Rights Movement tactics and they will be totally defenseless. They haven't had their governments turn on them before now, and soon, people like Kevinunknown will be screaming "how do I get a gun?"
It is unfortunate that they will find out the hard way, but that's what soft behinds are for, as my dad use to say.

Its sad to me. I see a lot of non Americans on here delighting in our problems... I dont feel that way toward them. Im not my government and I have spoken out against the wrongs the moment I woke up to see them. I have been ever since... but to delight in the hardships of our citizenry?? Terrible way to think. I personally hate that the UK and Greece ( the citizens) are having such hardships. I too see they are walking into it unarmed.. and it will be a blood bath with no recourse for the people if it goes the way Argentina did. The people of other countries need to realize what happens to us will effect them as well. The US isnt a stand alone country anymore.. it is involved intimately with other countries including the UK. If they deny this.. they need to research Argentina and that particular shocK treatment, Our governments are so intertwined now.. even more so than the early 60's.
The people we met in London over those years did not behave like the people here who claim to be from the UK... the bashers. Theyd have never been as disrespectful and they were more informed in the reasons as to why we have our differences in politics and our laws. I think that perhaps there are a lot here that are simply saying these crazy things to incite posters here given the strong beliefs and ideas that they express... on ATS in partucilar. I find it hard to believe that anyone is this uninformed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by nastyj

Well, there are no guarantees in life...Just odds. Odds are, if you're adequately armed, no one is going to want to risk taking you on..If you're not adequately armed, some one might want to take what you've got, and they'll succeed. It's the reason I took martial arts..but when I grew up, and realized I wasn't bullet proof, I bought a gun...

Hah! Me too.. and when I saw ( I was an ER rn for a decade in the inner city) people walk in with multiple gunshot wounds from smaller caliber weapons.. still walking and cursing while bleeding.. I bought larger caliber weapons.
Im swearing to you that Ive seen people walk into the ER shot 5 or 6 times with a 22 or a 9. I learned that not only does it matter how you are trained when using a weapon.. but what exactly you intend to do to a threat : piss them off or kill them. One day folks will realize the movies lied to them!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Nastyj
I live by that statement every single day. Have you ever lived in the Murder Capitol of the World?
I did. I watched people get robbed at bus stops, killed for a dollar. I had driven to my second job through gun fire! Each time all I had to do was flash and it was over. Repeat: OVER!
Yes, if the Palestinians would stand up for themselves there will be more blood, but there would be more respect too! Why? Because a man has no respect for a dog they can claim rabid and shoot it dead in the street. That's right I said it! Cowards kill those who are defenseless!
Defend yourself and watch the tide turn and stop hiding behind the "bully" stereotyping. No bully stops unless you stop them. Hell, use a cupcake if you must, but grow some balls!

That is how society has stooped to, and the attitudes of the new generation gets worse by the day because they follow your gutless statement. Where ppl would be scared to walk around outside anywhere because they havent got a gun in their pocket, youthink this will make it a safer place, living on the edge of disaster, where a single move be it right or wrong willbe judged by a cowardly reflex causing an innocent o loe their inocence and shoot someone. You attitude is disgusting.

And you talk about living in the murder capitol of the world and feeling unsafe? Hahaha how about going to live in war stricken conditions where you dont have any meas to defend yourself. Palestinians havent EVER given up to the tyranny, yet they fight back with sticks and stones, they dont SELL THEIR SOULS beliefs and ideals for cowardice. Always thinking about yourselves. See how cowardice leads to selfishness? An you would prefer to live by that? Would you teach your kids to grow up like that?

And you are backward in thinking that i know 100% you think that by giving palestinans the ARMS TO DEFEND THEMSELVES is the answer. How about DISARMING the cowardly weapon users, and then see how they react? they will run before

America talk about the home of th brave and freedom, yet you fail to realise you are the home of the cowards and your freedoms are being taken away from you for your miniscule pleasures and petty beliefs. You would ALWAYS take the easy, less forgiving route, than the harder more better route. There are no shortcuts to success? you ever heard of that? i bet not.. The problem in america is not the robberies and stuff going on or the murder rate. Its the sold out ideals, and the dumbed down reasoning you ahve been forced to live with because you do not know better.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
look at gun regulations in mexico, and look whats happening there...thanks but no thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Guns are in our hands for one reason, to protect our constitution. There's a reason its the longest lasting governing document of any country. I think you're thinking on too small of a scale thinking that we have them to protect ourselves from others. They may serve that purpose, however, we have them to keep our government in check.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Weapons are the grand equalizer.

The pen is not mightier than the sword when dealing with illiterates.

There are reasons governments don't like a citizenry capable of effectively defending themselves,and anyone who doesn't realize this must be living a rather sheltered life.

Our public schools suck to keep anyone from being able to defend themselves against our corrupt legal system too,let alone the ridiculous amount of money it costs to have a lawyer do NOTHING for you,but take money from your ignorant hind-ends.

Unless of course you are rich,and guilty.......

Instead of spouting the rhetoric of those who you don't realize oppress you,try thinking a bit outside the box.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

A COWARD is someone who is so afraid of firearms that they would rather cower down in a home invasion rather than kill for the lives of themselves and their family.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I don't think there's been a lot of anti-US rhetoric in this thread; I certainly don't think I've been guilty of 'US bashing'.
If anything there's been the usual 'damn commies' blinkered approach from the pro-gun lobby who see anyone who believes in gun control as a pinko, pissy arsed, liberal coward.

If I lived in the US I suspect I'd own a gun.

As I live in the UK there is no need for me to own a gun and so I don't.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoocares
look at gun regulations in mexico, and look whats happening there...thanks but no thanks

Ahh yes! They have serious gun control and unarmed citizens. Mexico blames us, we blame mexico.. the fact is that the guns are going across the border both ways. The other fact is that the mexican citizens are unarmed targets. They cant even assist their police force when they need it. Here with guns in the hands of the citizens.. if our police would ever be under the threat that the border town police are in particular in Mexico.. we'd form a militia and take care of it. The cartels are taking over towns and citizens property unopposed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
Guns are in our hands for one reason, to protect our constitution. There's a reason its the longest lasting governing document of any country.

???????????????????????
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I love your take on the whole thing..

Very....Easy....

I prefer to keep my weapons. I like my weapons. But I suspect that if I moved to the UK I would observe British law. It really is that simple.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
OP. Put yourself in the shoes of a criminal. I am from Texas and we Texans are some of the highest percentage of gun wielding citizens in the U.S. with one of the lowest crime rates.

If you were a criminal in Texas about to invade a home by force would the thought of being at the wrong end of a sawed off shot gun blast make you give your actions a second thought?

I think it would. If fact I know it would.

I know many young girls that carry single shot hand guns, Lugers and or Glocks in their purse for purposes of self defense against rapist. In your country they may only carry mace, but my neck of the woods they pack some heat.

Self defense is not just and Earthly Law but it is A Universal Law. We have the right to bear arms and God Forbid that right ever be taken away from us. It may be the only thing that keeps TPTB in check from complete world domination.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join