It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOGZILLA - the wild pig the size of a truck.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Imagine a quiet day's hunting..
Afew duck's, maybe a geese or two...maybe even a bear.
Or maybe HOGZILLA.........

Yes HOGZILLA will make you the neighbourhood BBQ king an your weekend get togethers will never be the same again.
HOGZILLA
This is simply a sample of what we DONT know's out there.
476 kilos of pure BBQ heaven.
Maybe the beast of gevaudain was his grandfather.
edit on 14-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Someone needs to work on their photoshop skills. You can clearly see a difference in pixelation between the boy and the rest of the image just zooming in on the browser. You can also see the top of the boys knee just barely above the hog's back.. The length from his knee to foot would be freakishly long if he were actually sitting the way he's posed.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Maybe the 476 kilos in the post refers to the kid??

Does look a tad suspicious.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Someone needs to work on their photoshop skills. You can clearly see a difference in pixelation between the boy and the rest of the image just zooming in on the browser. You can also see the top of the boys knee just barely above the hog's back.. The length from his knee to foot would be freakishly long if he were actually sitting the way he's posed.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

abcnews.go.com...

Hogzilla was real. This has been confirmed before. Besides, this is an old story. This is from almost five years ago.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Maybe he's on a tree trunk..or maybe has freakishly long leg's.!!
Maybe cryptozoology needs a post about him??

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of Razorback movie.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Well i took this story off yahoo just now.
Didnt know it was that old.. Thanks.
True or not he is'nt somobody i'd wanna meet on a dark night (the pig, that is).

CX

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There have been many different accounts of these "Hogzillas" being caught, but often they turn out to be "embellished" to say the least.

Like that one where the guy had the picture of the hog raised in the air, i'm sure that turned out to be smaller than it was claimed to be.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of any of these lol....but sometimes they aren't as big as the pics portray.

I haven't seen this one before though, and certainly haven't the skills to know a fake, so thanks for posting it.

CX.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

To everyone : The hog was real , weighed over a thousand pounds . The picture in the OP is not photo-shopped . However , it is a "staged" photo . The animal was indeed shot by this 11-year-old kid , several times over the course of hours .

This was a pay-to-play hunting operation . The hog was corn-fed , on a farm , for years . The hunt was arranged , the hog was released from the farm into the "wilds" of the 'plantation' and a father took his 11-year-old son on the hunt of a lifetime .

Terms and conditions of the paid hunt stipulated that no adults were allowed to take a shot on the animal . Therefore , this kid basically tortured this animal for hours by following it through the woods and taking subsequent shots at it , none of which were kill-shots .

The animal "bled out" over the course of hours . Game and Fish washed their hands of it by declaring the hog was not a "wild" animal and therefore not within their jurisdiction .

The incident spurred court proceedings to determine if this was a blatant case of animal-cruelty . I'm not aware of the final verdict in the case . Maybe there are some Alabama members who can shed some light on this .

I took keen interest in this back in '07 when it happened as I am a former Clay county resident . But I haven't seen anything that gives a conclusion in this case .

Bottom line , the pig was real , raised on a farm . The 11-year-old boy was really the individual who shot and killed the animal , over the course of several hours .

This is not the animal that is referred to as "Hogzilla" . That animal was an earlier kill that took place in Georgia , not Alabama .

This was a paid-hunt so , it's not like this pig was running around in the "wilds" and this 11-year-old kid just so happens to have been some kind of stealth ninja pig-tracker . Every bit of this was a set-up . The pig suffered as a result of this and someone's gonna pay .

So ... The pic in the OP is not faked but , it most definitely was the centerpiece of an intended hoax .

sports.espn.go.com...
edit on 14-12-2010 by okbmd because: eta link

edit on 14-12-2010 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

The boy wasn't adjacent to the animal . You can clearly see that he is using his left knee to support the weight of his left arm . The kid was most likely several feet beyond the pig . This is an old photography trick .

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a monster pig indeed, mates once got an albino close to the size of the one hanging in the tree, but the hogzilla one certainly blows my mind, must of been fed huge amounts of growth hormones or something to get to that size, hybrids gone wild maybe.
I'd definately stay out of way of another that size if ever up close.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

National Geographic says Hogzilla is very real, though not as big as they thought. But the 800-pound male had something strange in his DNA.
ABC News

Actually it was 800 pounds and confirmed to be real.

Edit:
Just read the ESPN hunting story about it being a hoax. Found three additional articles stating it is a hoax.
edit on 12/15/2010 by mikelee because: Add

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Looks fake to me and besides you'd need a lot bigger gun than that to penetrate its skull for a kill, because if you didn't hit its brain you'd be dead. Their kinda like a Berserker.

cj6

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

At first its looks real (and creepy!) but if you look closer its obviously photoshopped

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I've seen better work.
Seriously have we not been through this.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
HERE is the initial ATS discussion on this "Hogzilla"... The opinions were then more or less the same.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Haha love your avatar
I don't care who you are that's funny $#!7.
Thanks for link.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Looks fake to me and besides you'd need a lot bigger gun than that to penetrate its skull for a kill, because if you didn't hit its brain you'd be dead. Their kinda like a Berserker.

How do you know what caliber of pistol he was using? I don't know for certain but I believe I read he was shooting a .454 Casull. Either way, he did indeed kill the hog with that pistol,although it seems it took some time to get teh job done. A well placed shot with proper bullet from a .454 or even a .45 Colt can kill any hog that walks.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

That's disgusting.

I feel sorry for the boy in a way, as he's just growing up in the lifestyle that his morally reprehensible father introduced him to.

This kind of animal cruelty needs to be met with lengthy prison sentences for the perpetrators.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

To everyone : The hog was real , weighed over a thousand pounds . The picture in the OP is not photo-shopped.

Not true - it's a known fake...

Here's an original non-photoshopped photo which was finally sourced a few years back...

A comparison of the boy's head size to the tree markings in the two different photos confirms that at least one is faked.

edit on 22/12/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join