It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Video: Explosions Connected Across Sun’s Surface

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

SAN FRANCISCO — Dramatic explosions from the surface of the sun can link up across hundreds of thousands of miles. New views from three different NASA spacecraft show how near-simultaneous eruptions on opposite sides of the sun can connect through looping lines of magnetic force. Solar scientists have suspected for decades that solar flares (sudden bursts of energy that erupt from sunspots) and coronal mass ejections (bubbles of gas threaded with lines of magnetic field that throw tons of solar plasma out into space when they explode) could be connected across great distances.

So-called sympathetic flares that went off one after another had been observed for 75 years. But how the flares could link together was a mystery. New videos of a recent eruption that crossed nearly the entire sun could solve the puzzle. On August 1, a chain of more than a dozen flares and other eruptions cascaded across the surface of the sun. Much of the show was hidden from Earth, but it was all captured by NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory (above) and twin STEREO spacecraft.

Source: www.wired.com...

Sorry, you'll have to go to the article link for the two associated videos.

Just amazing stuff. As I keep on saying, until we determine if there is other life out there, it is our responsibility to document as much as possible. Just having the ability to known this stuff and to be able to document it is amzing in itself.

Any alien out there must be thinking, at the least: Those Humans have come a long way....

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I just saw this come up on Drudge Report-related to this article/video

Global Eruption Rocks the Sunscience.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The video is truly amazing, I only wish it was longer.

My question, does this latest discovery give credence to the 'Electric Sun' theories? Would love to hear more about this from some resident experts.

Thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

I totally agree with you. Mind relaxation for me.

I was hoping to hear from the ATS folks that are really into the Sun but I don't think that is going to happen.

I will watch the video a few times, I am sure.

new topics

top topics

join