It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have no friends...sad now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hey staffers and members...I dunno if this was addressed yet or not, or if anyone is also seeing this, but the cool green background for friend's posts is gone. There is no indication that a post is from a friend on my screen.

It has been this way for a few days now.

I'm on a mac using Safari.

Hope this isn't just me...

PS- I NEED TO KNOW WHO MY FRIENDS ARE!

All hugs n bugs.

MM

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Same problem here MM and I am using IE8 with nothing out of the ordinary for firewall, etc...

Maybe it has just been taken down by Mods?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I miss it too!! I like to see if one of my friends have posted in a thread, and that green background really stood out.

I also miss seeing who has friended me on my profile. I never know when someone has added me now, and I can't reciprocate unless they tell me they friended me. Any chance we're gonna get that feature back?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Liked that feature a lot, gone for me too it seems, also using the latest version of firefox.

Hope it will be reintroduced!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Same here Masky Mask. On Firefox 3.6.10 here!

IRM

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I noticed yesterday one of my friends was not in green, and readded them! I guess something is brewing!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by Misoir

I miss it too!! I like to see if one of my friends have posted in a thread, and that green background really stood out.

I also miss seeing who has friended me on my profile. I never know when someone has added me now, and I can't reciprocate unless they tell me they friended me. Any chance we're gonna get that feature back?

Exactly!
Why are we losing features? That green was nice and soothing, and I also liked to see who friended me. I miss that feature too.

I just tried in both chrome and firefox. In firefox I have a white signature, in chrome, part is pink, part is black. I wonder why it's all white in firefox.

ok, just figured out the signature part, firefox wants words, not hexidecimal numbers. That's just weird....
edit on 14-12-2010 by snowspirit because: fixed part of signature, made it black

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I don't think the green showed who friended a user, but only showed who a user friended.

I think that's how it worked...not sure now...but yeah, I'm pretty sure it only showed green posts for people "you" friended, not the other way around.

It would be cool to have TWO color codes for both. Green and blue. Green for "you friended them", and blue for they friended you"

Maybe a purple for "both friended each other"? Hmmmm....

MM

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My friends are still listed in my profile.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I am Mr. Mask's Friend

How's that? It's not green, but it's something.

There's probably something in the pipeline. I like some kind of indication, too. But don't be sad, Mr. Mask.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Friends dont exist within the confines of green backgrounds.....

.... their in your heart.

... god bless us !!! every one !

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

HA!

Perfect...BH fixed it...well, sorta.

All is fine now.

THANKS BH!!! HUGS!

MM

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just checked and verified I've still got the list, but not the green background.
Seems I just saw that green very recently, like yesterday or something.
Maybe they are working on a new colour or something. I also liked the feature but honestly didn't care for that shade of green.

Would be interesting to have something that tells you if a poster was someone that had friended you. Might make you go a little easy on them if they happen to say something that ticks you off.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I heard the 'Friend Background' imposed some sort of self-exile from the boards upon itself.

Someone called it green and it took offence.

To be fair to the 'friend background' though green can be used as a derogatory term.

It's having out at another forum now with the 'Ignore Button', the 'Old Logo' and the true meaning of 'Deny Ignorance'.

-m0r

NB: It should be noted that a certain level of satire was used in this post which, whilst humorous in a close-to-the-bone way, is as on-topic as many of the prior posts in this thread. Those who aren't ticklish should expect others to find a rare value in its existence. As rare as any posts I make outside of the HOAX forum here at the least.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I can't tell if you are my friend or not...

God I hope not...

lol.

Hugs.

MM
edit on 14-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

The feature is still there, but slightly hidden.
If you click on "Friends" within your profile, the list down the left-hand side of that page is of those who friended you.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
At least you have friends, I went offline to deal with RL for a few months and came back to half my friends missing

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Dammit! You're right!

I only use the 'friend feature' to keep an eye on the bad apples on ATS. Those SOBs need watching and God only knows what they'll be posting as my motorised scroll wheel recognition software fails to spot them.

Anarchy!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Atleast you HAVE too know your REAL friends on ATS now and cannot just be drawn to the green highlight and possibly follow members w/ flags and stars out of pure friendship.......

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm on a mac using Safari.

Quarter-Pounder, here....

I just D/Loaded "Safari"...not sure I like it. IE7 on a PC, so maybe I am just used to it. Does this make me "change averse"???

Oh, and.....yes, the trendy friendy green-screen thingies went away...been several days, now if I recall....

....I think I remember a comment once, somewhere on the ATS 2010 issues thread????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join