It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chussodovsky maintains Wikileaks is CIA cointelpro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This extensive article in Global Research, accusses the Wikileaks org to be a mere CIA dis info scheme.
The reasoning is sound, and the benefits to the US war machine have actually accrued during the Cablegate fiasco....These leaks are controlled by the same corporate media which obfuscates the news regularly in the sservice of the national agenda set by these warmongers.
He makes a prtty darn good case folks.
Here i must add i believe our own boondock saint had nailed the scam down first.
read on

www.globalresearch.ca...
edit on 14-12-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. I always knew wikileaks was no good.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Worthy reads that reference all kinds of researchable & related topics. The internet gestapo is closer than we might think. For anyone who hasn't looked at the cia-dogs infiltration of media outlets before, now just might be the time.

The inner workings of the CIA's relationship to the US media are described in Carl Bernstein's 1977 article in Rolling Stone entitled The CIA and the Media:

"[M]ore than 400 American journalists who [had] secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. [1950-1977]Some of these journalists’ relationships with the Agency were tacit; some were explicit. ... Reporters shared their notebooks with the CIA. Editors shared their staffs. Some of the journalists were Pulitzer Prize winners,... Most were less exalted: foreign correspondents who found that their association with the Agency helped their work....;  

Among the executives who lent their cooperation to the Agency were Williarn Paley of the Columbia Broadcasting System, Henry Luce of Tirne Inc., Arthur Hays Sulzberger of the New York Times, Barry Bingham Sr. of the LouisviIle Courier‑Journal, and James Copley of the Copley News Service.

Other organizations which cooperated with the CIA include the American Broadcasting Company, the National Broadcasting Company, the Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters, Hearst Newspapers, Scripps‑Howard, Newsweek magazine, the Mutual Broadcasting System, the Miami Herald and the old Saturday Evening Post and New York Herald‑Tribune. (The CIA and the Media by Carl Bernstein) www.globalresearch.ca...

The above author also links to another writer's informative article on their website:

Wikileaks: A Big Dangerous US Government Con Job

Good find, stirling.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
you guys are preaching to the choir.
ATS is full on ANON member's and supporter's and eventually they will flood this thread with nonsense and flame everyone of us.
It has happen every time someone speaks badly of there messiah assange.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
you guys are preaching to the choir.
ATS is full on ANON member's and supporter's and eventually they will flood this thread with nonsense and flame everyone of us.
It has happen every time someone speaks badly of there messiah assange.

In the words of one of our great American philosophers--Johnny Storm to be exact: Flame On!

Actually, you're somewhat right about preaching to the choir. Most have made up their mind at this point one way or the other. However, I do seem to see a few folk still coming around, so I guess it's worth the effort.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I would venture a guess that most here are not closed to the possibility that wikileaks/Assange are just another cog in the wheels of control and manipulation. I think most people are proponents for the spirit of what they represent and are enthusiastic about the ideas of full disclosure and an end to secrecy....even if this new chapter is just another illusion

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudgedCover
reply to post by The GUT

I would venture a guess that most here are not closed to the possibility that wikileaks/Assange are just another cog in the wheels of control and manipulation. I think most people are proponents for the spirit of what they represent and are enthusiastic about the ideas of full disclosure and an end to secrecy....even if this new chapter is just another illusion

Well put.
I'm looking for that "hero" or spirit of truth too, as well as looking in the mirror with agitation at my own culpability in letting my country get into this state. Onward, Upward they say.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Good to see a few other members against wiki leaks deception. I talked about it on the other thread and its like Assange had personally opened up a few accounts to defend himself. Its award i really did think members on ATS would not be deceived so easily but what do you know.....we got another false savior! A wolf in sheep's clothing.

ATS Thread: Assange still committed to publishing documents

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
lol.. I love his part:

This "redacting" role of The New York Times is candidly acknowledged by David E Sanger, Chief Washington correspondent of the NYT:

"[W]e went through [the cables] so carefully to try to redact material that we thought could be damaging to individuals or undercut ongoing operations. And we even took the very unusual step of showing the 100 cables or so that we were writing from to the U.S. government and asking them if they had additional redactions to suggest." (See PBS Interview; The Redacting and Selection of Wikileaks documents by the Corporate Media, PBS interview on "Fresh Air" with Terry Gross: December 8, 2010, emphasis added).

Yet Sanger also says later in the interview:

"It is the responsibility of American journalism, back to the founding of this country, to get out and try to grapple with the hardest issues of the day and to do it independently of the government." (ibid)

"Do it independently of the government" while at the same time "asking them [the US government] if they had additional redactions to suggest"?

Priceless!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I think it's more about what Assange represents as an ideal. Instead of enjoying the theater of it all, some people are taking the whole thing far too seriously. It's these people who still believe the CIA or for that matter America, have any relevance on the world stage that scare me more. Fox news much?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JudgedCover

That about sums up my feelings.

An Additional note. Wikileaks happened while the Lame duck Congress was in session, a very dangerous time.

Look at the nasties they pulled with the Food Safety Farce!
click

We do know TPTB wants a strangle hold on the internet. For example they had a devil of a time getting the Food Safety Farce Bill passed. TPTB thought they had the whole subject sewn up with the corporate created food borne illnesses and the mass media fanning the flames only to lose control thanks to a small band of dedicated people.

Even with the support of the corporate controlled Organic Consumers Assoc. and Food & Water watch they could not regain complete control. The Food Safety Farce is ultimately going to mean a trillions in revenue for the Corporations who gain complete control over the world food supply. The Food Safety Farce bill was the last step in gaining that control and it was only partially successful.

Now Congress will have to slip amendments into other bills just as they did to get it passed the house.

TPTB has had control of the Media since 1917. I do not think they realized just how powerful the internet was until recently. We can expect to see bills hamstringing the internet soon. That is if they do not get an "emergency bill" passed ASAP.

What could a Lame duck session do? Anything. House members already voted out of office need not fear the wrath of the voters. Fifty-nine senators will be close to cloture strength. However those voted out of office are going to be looking for new jobs as lobbyists or Corporate "Advisors" so they have EVERYTHING to GAIN by screwing the American public as they seek to please their Masters.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
but what I have a problem with in that article
is something very big and important that he
totally left out ... (intentionally I suppose).

George Soros was not mentioned

I wonder why ???

tsk, tsk, tsk

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I thought that might come up...I am not sure where Soros exactly fits in the scenario, but with billions of bucks floating around with his name on it, the possibilities are endless....
How we get this ball of twine unsnarled and the whos and whys sorted out i just dont know....
This world is getting too complcated even for collective investigation these days.
I am sure if we keep digging, well come up with a few possibilities though , there isnt much chance well get it all correct.check out how huge this mans influence really is.....his fortune at about 15 billion
www.discoverthenetworks.org...
edit on 18-12-2010 by stirling

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by stirling because: interesting info george soros

edit on 18-12-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is the only one who ever mentions Soros....

Originally posted by boondock-saint
but what I have a problem with in that article
is something very big and important that he
totally left out ... (intentionally I suppose).

George Soros was not mentioned

I wonder why ???

tsk, tsk, tsk

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Soros is a virtual mass opinion magnate....The incredible list of orgs he either funds directly or indirectly is ginormous.
The vast machine he has created is capable of influencing us from a hundred different directions....
Just have a peek at the above links and you will immediately begin to get an idea how much influence Mr Soros is able to peddle....Not only the USA but world wide this guy has a fantastic amount of behind the scenes influence.
15 billion, give or take, can buy a hellova platform for his ideas.( he controls much more money than that through his companies....)
The influence of his, and other elites private empires on our society is infinately out of proportion.
The days of one man one vote maybe never were....in a world where the uber riche can buy millions of votes and do it with their very own tax exempt foundations and other institutions,at virtually no cost to themselves,not even their mention.....one mans vote doesnt stand a snowballs chance in hades of making any difference.
The very concepts which formed the basis for our present society,have been perverted by such influences.
With this kind of competition,for governence, the ordinary citizen is stripped of his vote as well as his money.
Which goes of course to fund the projects that have been lobbied the hardest for.(or bribed the highest for)
In either case the full might of a collection of organisations the like of mr Soros controls,could easily sway any election or pub;ic opinions on certain matters.
Those matters which only he can select to be emphasized.

top topics

join