It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Posting Bail for Julian Assange

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If Assange gets bailed out, will Moore then be responsible for his death?

Moore knows exactly what he's doing.
I think Moore knows about the hits on Assange and want to get him killed to unleash the encrypted docs onto the world for all to read.

Beware the fat man with the cap.
Assange is safer wher he is.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OK, so his bail was granted conditional upon the Swedes not appealing it, and they reported do plan to appeal it. He is being held in solitary confinement and not allowed anything to read.
CBC

edit on 12/14/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

So do they lock up every 'sex offender' in solitary confinement with nothing to read?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

In the cbc video they talk about the fact that what he is charged with would not even be called rape in England. They apparently have different levels of rape in Sweden and what he's been accused of would be the lowest category.

But yah, right, solitary confinement. Time or Newsweek, whichever sent him the cover of their magazine that featured him, and the prison authorities tore up the cover and gave him an empty envelope. Sounds like there is some psychological shat going down there. Treating him like a terrorist?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They have appealed so he will have to go back to prison until that is sorted it out, gotta feel sorry for the guy being banged up in solitary in Wandswaorth Prison. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What's happening to Assange is a farce

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
While I think the lot of you are a bunch of nay-sayers, the fact is that bail was denied by the English judge. There is no bail to post. There is nothing Michael Moore or anyone can do about that.

Eh? He was granted conditional bail.

second

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I for one applaud Moore for putting up bail money, it's 20,000 more than anyone here put up I bet. As a gesture it shows solidarity with Assange's cause. Anything that exposes the corruption and lies of our so-called governments needs to be supported, even if it's the "illegal release" of classified information.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think this was genuine too. Michael Moore doesn't need publicity. He isn't Lindsay Lohan. He is doing what he believes is right. He is trying to offer help to bail out a political prisoner because Wikileaks is in a similar realm as Moore's films.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Moore is rich because he lives in a country that enjoys Capitalism and the freedom to start a business and succeed. While enjoying the millions he earns from a system he hates, he pretends to be opposed to himself.

$20,000
Yeah sure Michael. Cheap worldwide advertising campaign. There simply is no difference between Moore and those he pretends to hate.
edit on 12/14/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
hes rich he should of offered a million....hes attention whoring

His bail is only about a quarter of a million?

Why offer a million?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Moore is rich because he lives in a country that enjoys Capitalism and the freedom to start a business and succeed. While enjoying the millions he earns from a system he hates, he pretends to be opposed to himself.

I would venture to say that Moore accepts that it was the classic example of capitalism that built GM, Flint and the rest of it.

What killed it was Globalism...shipping the work overseas for pennies on the labour dollar and letting Wall Street pocket the difference.

And like I said to another poster...send Moore your comments and tell him he is answering to this forum. It's easy to take anonymous shots, but through the miracle of the internet, virtually anybody is accessible.

Essentially? Put up or shut up.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"John Pilger, filmmaker Ken Loach and socialite Jemima Khan all offering £20,000 surety each to free Assange."

www.australiantimes.co.uk...

Filmmakers seem very interested in him. No doubt, he is interesting.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
"John Pilger, filmmaker Ken Loach and socialite Jemima Khan all offering £20,000 surety each to free Assange."

www.australiantimes.co.uk...

Filmmakers seem very interested in him. No doubt, he is interesting.

Not just because he's interesting - but because the outcome of Assange' persecution will determine the future of the First Amendment - and the future of filmmaking.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Both are American hating scum and deserve each other.

I don't think MM is anti-american. In his 'sicko' movie (i think) he was interviewing some french official, and left because he couldn't take his "seething anti--americanism"... or something along those lines. From what he projects, he's more anti-government as opposed to hating America as a whole.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

No one really hates America. Our government sure. Our republican's and dem's sure, but America? No.
It's super sweet.
edit on 16-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Surely this is just about garnering attention for himself...............thaat being said, it seems birds of a feather. Both are American hating scum and deserve each other.

i'm not the biggest fan of wikileaks, there is something up with it in my opinion. but calling assange american hating scum? why? the government in power a the moment ran off of "more transparency" but when they ended up with it they are calling for assassinations like this was nazi germany? maybe we don't all agree with everything he has done but at the end of the day he is just a journalist releasing information the same as any other news outlet. the only difference is that this information implicates criminal activities and the manipulation of the people by their governments. trying to expose a dirty crooked government sounds more patriotic than hateful to me. but hey, i don't watch fox news or go to tea party or kkk meetings so i guess i'm stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join